User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cobb AP question/problem ???

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...tml#post232165 <--
    think it's more to do with power/torque than boost
    once you get enough, your car spins the cams (needed for "cam driven fuel pump" that our cars have) too fast for it to keep up properly

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/engin...tml#post232165 <--
    think it's more to do with power/torque than boost
    once you get enough, your car spins the cams (needed for "cam driven fuel pump" that our cars have) too fast for it to keep up properly
    Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    wondering why I dont need one for the pace im going...
    seems rather self explanitary
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Default Re: Cobb AP question/problem ???

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    I believe its not really required unles you go BT. OEM pump is suffcient.
    There is actually plenty of gen 2's in the states that have had it give up with just an intake + tune
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    There is actually plenty of gen 2's in the states that have had it give up with just an intake + tune
    See thats interesting to me and tune should help the cause, How many in Oz have actually had issues?
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

I think everyone's car is different and it is wise to do internals once you start modding, heavily or not. It should really be a base for all mods IMO, it is kinda important...

Default Re: Cobb AP question/problem ???

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    See thats interesting to me and tune should help the cause, How many in Oz have actually had issues?
    Know @LOOPYMPS had the issue... As did @Bakis not sure who else...

Default Cobb AP question/problem ???

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    I think everyone's car is different and it is wise to do internals once you start modding, heavily or not. It should really be a base for all mods IMO, it is kinda important...
    Agree just to be safe I would rather spend $350 on the fuel pump instead getting engine rebuilt

Mazedit coming soon
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    This subject always interest me about HPFP. At what stage of tuning do you think a HPFP is required?

Is it based off boost level or something else ?

I understand that a Cobb AP on stage 2 require it, but what is in a stage 2 that calls for it?

When quoted both MRT or Tunehouse advised me that I would not need one, but is that because they only tune to 17psi?

Peter "SLIXX"
    One of the reasons for the decline in ZZBs is the use of HPFP's these days.
    This isnt really the ideal place so if you have more questions let me know and we can start a fresh thread or take it to PM.

The consensus is;
    STD + Custom Tune = HPFP
    Modified to 'STG2' IE DP, TMIC, SRI, STD Tune = HPFP
    Modified with custom tune = HPFP

Use Cobb's methodology. Has been summarized here well.
    Ill just off at anyone who ZZBs without a HPFP, lessons should be learnt from those that have.
    If you have a custom tune. HPFP.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...tml#post208213
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN BAN OMG OFF TOPIC BAN BAN BAN OMG OFF TOPIC lol
    ps- learn to spell.... lol
    pss- ran a few cobb stg 2 with hpfp and they just dont have the oomph i have with stock fp? mps's too confusing to understand lol
    You wouldnt know if you did. You cant datalog.
    HPF woulnt know about the issue unless trawling forums for hours in the states.

The fuel pump DOES NOT MAKE POWER.

Your ill informed posts are going to start being deleted. If you dont know what you are talking about do not misguide other members.

STOCK cars have had fuelling issues, I had it BEFORE the AP flash which was diagnosed with the dashhawk logs.
    If you have a custom tune its a matter of time.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

"ran a few cobb stg 2 with hpfp and they just dont have the oomph i have with stock fp?"
    give up with your whole campaign. We get it.
    You cross the line when you start appearing to make informed or knowledgeable posts.

The fact that 32 cars have been tuned at HP-F does not mean anything. These are long term issues where symptoms can be shown up front. To the average tuner they wouldn't be visible.
    The guys that specialize in only MPS's will know about them.
    This method of modification ha basically become standard practice across the board.
    If you want to risk your motor so be it. Dont come up with some of this crap and trick others into risking theirs.

Ive spend weeks trawling forums, logging my car, looking at other logs, trying tunes, figuring out trends in logs and looking at reasons for motor failures and I am an amateur compared to some of the other veterans on here that you are contradicting based on nothing. These 'events' are not present in other motors.
    We are also talking about isolated cases of stock motors going boom, my own with SRI, DP, TMIC and NO tune was showing symptoms and required a HPFP. So have many others.

Im tired of making these posts to try and show more than one option to people that might be reading your posts. Its not funny anymore when members seeking legitimate information may be risking their motors over something you may have found amusing for five minutes.

This is my last reply to this thread, do your own research and make well informed decisions.

If anyone genuinely wants further information ill dig up some links, PM me.
    Last edited by Jmac; 30-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

FWIW I did ALL my beta test runs for Cobb st2 maps on my factory pump, it was not recommended, nor endorsed by Cobb, but it worked none the less, Cobb are understandably playing it safe in recommending that the hpfp upgrade is performed early on in the mod process.
    Last edited by MattMPS3; 01-12-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12