User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Post Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Ok guys so after 6 weeks of annoying the crap out of Richard asking millions of questions and having each and everyone answered so well and quickly and waiting for my car to have it ass surgery =P its good to go! time for etune!

ill pop up some photos of the before and after work by smash repairs it has came out great! going back next weekend to have a couple scratches buffed out from idiots in car parks!

last night i spend about 4 hrs installing a stupid Cobb Airbox the biggest failure of a product and overpriced b/s, it requires you to butcher the stock air feed, have it floating instead of mounted because the box cant line up with the bracket mounting position and the bolts that hold the lid of push the stupid nuts mounted in the box out of the hole so you have to start all over again i ended up having to glue the stupid nuts in... anyways @COBBTuningDavid seriously not impressed didn't even receive instructions for install!!!!! /end rant

ok so here we go ill attach my VD results each rev so everyone can see =]

my goals for this tune are!
    215-220 kw or 290-300 whp
    i have chosen to go with a load based tune for overall safety/efficiency and by the recommendation of Richard
    @richierichness
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VD 24.11.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	139.9 KB 
ID:	13082  
    Last edited by MPSNoob; 24-11-2012 at 06:26 AM.

Default Re: Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Good luck mate, I'm having mine done by John at the moment and I'm shooting for about the same result.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

should be easily do-able keep us updated
    other way to check overall power with 4th gear is the time from 60-100mph

cough cough... My airbox (once i get the thing sorted)..

Hope the tune works out for you should hit 210kw easy!

good stuff, i just had a dyno run with my e85 map

first map received will put 50km on it on the way home, wake up at 5am tomorrow morning and do logs

ok so after first map rev, car felt a little slower and wasn't quite hitting boost properly, the maf curve was alot better but! i loaded revision 2 yesterday afternoon put 50km on it and did some logs this morning, @richierichness has now swapped over to load tune strategy, logs went well this morning was only hitting 17.5psi or so in 4th but car felt a bit smoother from 3000-6000, one thing i did notice was the car really struggled at take off or just going slow, almost like it had nothing below 2500rpm. will post back again tomorrow morning once i get revision today, swapped to a turbosmart BPV thinking that might have been the issue with first revision but doubt it i was pushing 19psi all weekend before tune started with no issues so will see what happens next!
    Last edited by MPSNoob; 29-11-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Last edited by Yeldarb; 29-11-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Gents. You have all been warned before.
    Keep to the OP or risk a strike.

If you want to "discuss" the virtues of various tuning options do it in your own thread.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

interested to see the differences between my boost based and your load based
    i feel i need to do some logging as thats all ive done for the last month so coming home i feel i need to turn off to hit my WOT roads lol

but dont worry the first few revisions even on my map didnt feel like much was changed but as you progress it does start to liven up

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    interested to see the differences between my boost based and your load based
    i feel i need to do some logging as thats all ive done for the last month so coming home i feel i need to turn off to hit my WOT roads lol

but dont worry the first few revisions even on my map didnt feel like much was changed but as you progress it does start to liven up
    up to revision 3, car feels a little different but 60-100mph times are still the same =[ just finished logs for this morning and sent them off to @richierichness!
    ill tell you what Rich has been great help so far! answering every question and getting new map to me within 12-24 hrs

here is latest VD
    as you can see AFR is smoother, but power is the same.

Revision 3*

Name:	1.12 VD.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	13156  

Just wait till he adds some timing

Hey Guys,

sorry i haven't been able to post new job has been keeping me busy, quick update tuning has been a little slow this week no real progression ran into a little knock.. gone now

60-100 times are still close to the same | OTS - 6.7-6.9 | Richtune (so far) 6.32-6.66 |

@richierichness

Name:	7.12 VD.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	13220  

Looks very very similar to mine lol... Last revision VD that Rich sent give you a reference. Im pretty sure mines done... Had abit of knock with more timing but...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power update 3.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	13224
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Actually, i'm slightly confused as to which revision that VD is now... Doesn't seem to be the last revision map :S Anyways.. Gluck and keep us posted

Seems to be run #2 ... Cause at #1 i hit 230kw and 470nm but seems to have dropped on #2 run... So i think that's the #2 run there.. (Edit)
    Last edited by 3MPSPWR; 07-12-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

17. Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

I like these threads. Great resource for those debating an e-tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok since new revision of map getting some bad ass knock again, 5.6* =[
    only getting it on first wot pull for the day last night it happened in 3rd then didn't happen for a long time figured it was a fluke becuAse went through the mountains and gave it a good squirt and it didnt retun... Till this morning when I was doing logs for rich, first pull big knock I was pretty sure it wouldn't happen the 2nd run becuAse of yesterday which was the case..

so now I'm stressing again ='[

Post up some logs, I wanna compare :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i found similar things with mine... are you doing your first log of the day on the same spot? i worked out it was me hitting a certain patch of road that made engine move which caused knock
    another thing is, how long after you start car are you doing first log? i would give it a good 10-15 minutes of driving around before doing first one

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast