User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    The Remsa pads are a nice pad, but a very dirty. Lots of brake dust!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Good thing he has black wheels @Robmps
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Good thing he has black wheels @Robmps
    Learnt my lesson the hard way lol
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

3. Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Working on your map now Jo...I'll get you a new revision in a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so we finished the tune and im very happy with how the car performs and feels! Richard has been a great help this guy and his company do everything possible to help, educate and tune your car! i would highly recommended RICHTUNE to anyone that has a access port!

5. Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Quote Originally Posted by MPSNoob View Post
    Ok so we finished the tune and im very happy with how the car performs and feels! Richard has been a great help this guy and his company do everything possible to help, educate and tune your car! i would highly recommended RICHTUNE to anyone that has a access port!
    Thanks Jo, you were a great customer that was willing to learn throughout the process. Come see me when your ready for E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

So it's been a while since posting here, but the help from Rich continues. Babies, work, back yard reno's, never enough time in the day.

But Rich has persisted with me and we're making progress. Car feels fantastic, not sure of numbers, but it's pretty cool.

Will have to get onto this Virtual Dyno caper and see where the car is at.

Anyway Load based tuning continues. Thanks again @richierichness

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    So it's been a while since posting here, but the help from Rich continues. Babies, work, back yard reno's, never enough time in the day.

But Rich has persisted with me and we're making progress. Car feels fantastic, not sure of numbers, but it's pretty cool.

Will have to get onto this Virtual Dyno caper and see where the car is at.

Anyway Load based tuning continues. Thanks again @richierichness
    Brad,
    I thought I sent you a VD showing the progress thus far....

Green and yellow lines are from your OTS map...red and blue are from your last revision.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	power update 1.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	15134
    Last edited by richierichness; 12-09-2013 at 01:13 AM.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    243 kW 538 Nm

Just had one attachment mate, but thanks for posting this.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

So that's 190kws which I'm assuming is conservative number? On a roller dyno at Brisbane Turbo with one of Riches earlier revisions I was looking at 193kw.

Still we're not done yet.

So that's 190kws which I'm assuming is conservative number? On a roller dyno at Brisbane Turbo with one of Riches earlier revisions I was looking at 193kw.

Will be interested in seeing how this one plays out....good luck mate and may the force be with you ....the G Force
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

11. Default

Virtual dyno isn't the best judge of power but yeah I lower the CF to 1.01

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk
    243 kW 538 Nm

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Virtual dyno isn't the best judge of power but yeah I lower the CF to 1.01

Sent from my iPhone using RichieTalk
    From our experience here VD when set up properly is very close to dynos here both roller and hub, still dynos don't give a cars road drivability or idea on how it feels. Can guide as to how the power is delivered tho
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

13. Default

I think it just goes to show how shit our fuel is here in Aus, Rich, Lex and even the freek ( 3 of the elite tuners on this planet for this platform) cant get the same power as they can with the USA cars using pump fuel.

14. Default

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    From our experience here VD when set up properly is very close to dynos here both roller and hub, still dynos don't give a cars road drivability or idea on how it feels. Can guide as to how the power is delivered tho
    Some people have this experience but VD for me is used only as a tool. Here is part of an email I sent recently to @Yeldarb to further explain.

I'm sure you've heard this before but let me explain. Every car is different and so is
    every dyno. The only reason we use Virtual Dyno is to measure gains and track
    progress...it's not an accurate tool for peak hp/tq. Our goal is to make
    gains...as much as possible and safely. The limiting power producing factor of
    our cars is fuel quality and heat. Poor quality fuel or lower octane fuel will
    prevent the amount of boost/timing we can run without causing KR. To combat this
    many people will run meth or e85. Running these higher octane fuels will almost
    completely eliminate the KR problem....which allows us to push the car to it's
    max potential.

In regards to your tune, your limiting factor will be fuel. Best thing you can do is go to
    dyno days and compare your numbers to other cars. This is why dyno days are so
    popular here in the States. There are too many variables that determine power
    production. I know its not the answer you want to hear but it's the
    truth.

Another consideration is understanding power "under the curve" Peak power isn't
    everything. Consider how clean the power curves are and how much power you have
    gained at each RPM.

In conclusion, what you need to do is dyno your car on the same day as others. When
    you dyno, load up your OTS map and do a base pull...then load up your final
    RichTune map and measure gains and compare power curves.
    243 kW 538 Nm

Quote Originally Posted by shaneski View Post
    I think it just goes to show how shit our fuel is here in Aus, Rich, Lex and even the freek ( 3 of the elite tuners on this planet for this platform) cant get the same power as they can with the USA cars using pump fuel.
    we do have better fuel than california tho
    that's regarded by lex as the worst he's ever tuned... with british columbia in canada a close second...
    there is a massive variety over there...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Always interested in reading tuners posts. I agree with rich with regards to tunes dynos and numbers. If your after high numbers only this does not translate into a fast car all the time.

Eg. If someone's tune is getting 240kw at 4800rpm peak but then dies in the ass after that and is also not a linear torque curve I would prefer to get a tune that maybe 20kw less but peaks near 6000rpm and is also smooth and linear on torque.

Our cars have bad traction issues launching as it is and if you then add extra grunt to early all you are left with is wheel spin which is useless.FWD characteristics unfortunately.

early power peak is also useless when you then need to change gears to many times.

I have been tuning my car the last year or so and been getting help from my "yoda" friend tuning master. Together we have been able to squeeze more power out of the car on some tunes but when looking at the 3500-6200 times and the 80-120kph times in 3rd it hasn't been my fastest times unless the power has peaked close up 6000. Same goes in 4th. I like to try and ensure the tune is as best in 3rd as it is in 4th so I test those 2 gears and compare results.

Completely understand. The goal for my car was user able power. Top end improvement is a by product of this effort I guess. But this conversation was about ensuring we had the same goals in mind.
    E85 is on the to do list. But at the rate I get around to stuff, will likely be after Christmas lol. Also might be more E85 fuel stations by then also... Thanks @richierichness

Wonder who is worse... Brad or Rokusek

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Wonder who is worse... Brad or Rokusek
    Hmmm... Not sure what that means...

Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Hmmm... Not sure what that means...

rich will understand... rokusek is a long term project
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast