User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

10 min driving before logs, different roads but knock does not come back after
    ill post the log tonight but it's ugly lol

here is the log =]
    just waiting for Richard to get back to me, million and 1 things going through my head.

log 54 was first log for the morning @ 5.00am
    log 55 was 2nd log for the morning about 5 min later

as you can see there is some huge knock in the first one but ran fine after that.
    the way the 2nd log was going i would say that would be about 215+ kw @ peak but i stopped it to be safe.

put a few questions through to Richard regarding tune tweaks and overall goals
    im hoping we might be able to scale back the amount of boost required and work towards a smooth safe lower number (280-290), after seeing some huge boost numbers in 3rd 21.5psi i have been a bit scared to go wot and its sort of changing the experience i hoped for with the car.

ill keep everyone posted on how it goes! @richierichness services have been amazing so far =]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Nothing out the ordinary when tuning, have to push the limits then dial it back. Just go back to your previous revision till you get your new one if your worried bout driving it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Received new revision with lower load targets in 1/2/3 and 11.6 target AFR did a few 3rd pulls and no knock will do 4th wots tomorrow morning and report back! Happy so far again and 3rd is only hitting 19psi now =]

5. Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

All done. Hope your happy with the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates new job has been keeping me super busy, had a few issues with knock "spark plug blowout" which has put a hold on the tuning process while at first we where going to stop tuning (and stick with a gain of 13kw and 67nm tq) but then after further investiation into issues i purchased new spark plugs and organised a service for next week and will be continuing tuning with @richierichness what happened to me with the ITV22s happend to another customer of Richtune also @KRNAGE, who had to replace his plugs too and resolved the issue.

i just want to make it clear that Richard has really gone above and beyond with his service, and i cannot beging to explain how much value there is in a Etune with a team like Richtune.

ill get the plugs installed and oil changed and should have new logs asap.

Last edited by MPSNoob; 22-12-2012 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSNoob View Post
    hey everyone sorry for the lack of updates new job has been keeping me super busy, had a few issues with knock "spark plug blowout" which has put a hold on the tuning process while at first we where going to stop tuning (and stick with a gain of 13kw and 67nm tq) but then after further investiation into issues i purchased new spark plugs and organised a service for next week and will be continuing tuning with @richierichness what happened to me with the ITV22s happend to another customer of Richtune also @KRNAGE, who had to replace his plugs too and resolved the issue.

i just want to make it clear that Richard has really gone above and beyond with his service, and i cannot beging to explain how much value there is in a Etune with a team like Richtune.

ill get the plugs installed and oil changed and should have new logs asap.

What Spark plugs did you end up going with for the new ones?
    GENII 2009 MPS LUX

Parting Out

ITV22's again, got a set from the UK for 49$

- - - Updated - - -

going to gap them at 0.026 this time

9. Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Did the plugs fail? The itv22s are having issues lately...not sure why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they where pretty dead, but new plugs did not fix the issue =[ i did how ever take some advice from @SarcasticOne and boost the car to 10-12 psi a couple of times before going wot on our "safe" 11.6AFR map this morning and experienced no knock, im not sure if my engine is getting old or just isnt warming up as well but i did my "first" wot for the day this morning after a longer warm up and no 6* knock! so stay tuned.

Basically what has been happening anyways is the first 3rd or 4th wot for the day since a couple of revisions ago has been giving me a 5-6* knock then its perfectly fine after that! i can go 2nd wot like yesterday 3-4x with no problem but 3rd and 4th after that for the first time was giving me a big knock then the following was perfect =\ still trying to get to the bottom of it but as far as progression goes today i tried what sam said and got no knock in 3rd.

could not for the life of me tell you why this works
    even when i go out to do logs (20 mins of driving to get there) i would occasionally get same symptom, but only happened when i babied it the entire way (ie sub 35000rpm, no boost)
    but, when i gave it a little after car had warmed up (after 10 mins or so) found that it performed flawlessly

dont know if it makes engine move around enough to stop it knocking, gets the last bit of heat into oil/turbo/engine/whatever... i have no idea... all i know is this "warm up" seems to work (even on e85)
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

So it sounds like she wants to be driven hard. Some women I mean cars are like that

Last edited by ledfootrob; 28-12-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    So it sounds like she wants to driven hard. Some women I mean cars are like that

OK i want an address i think im in love lol.. By the way is her name Garrett?
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Default Go Fast or Go Home! My Richtune Diary

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    OK i want an address i think im in love lol.. By the way is her name Garrett?
    Hmmmm his name is actually Cliff Garrett!

Apart from the fact that it sucks it also has balls (bearings)

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hmmmm his name is actually Cliff Garrett!

Apart from the fact that it sucks it also has balls (bearings)

Peter "SLIXX"
    Technically it blows... perfect
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Technically it blows... perfect
    Hahaha yes. Whatever helps you sleep at night. Awesome

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

so whats happening now? i gapped to .28 which i probabely should have gone to .26 but i had no knock on my maps once i put new ITV22's in. Would have gone NGK's if I had them local but will change to that once these plugs go bad

haven't watched knock for a while so might do so on my drive tomorrow

we are back in business coolant temp @ 180F and 2x 10-12 psi pulls before wot! and the car is running well! like sam said its just a odd issue but i know i just need to let the car warm up better!
    Richard did a great job helping me work through the issue! the support he gives is amazing!
    im now running 100RON as there is a servo 2 min from my work and 15 min from my house so why not =P
    Richard is now back to tuning! and i cannot begin to explain what a fantastic job he has done so far! the support is endless and he is a all-round top bloke! if anyone is considering using Richtune... DO IT!!!!!

anyways new map should be ready tomorrow morning and ill load it up and log again =]

on another note, i plasti dipped wheels on friday with @Justin and another friend!
    and my DBA 4000 T3 and Remsa Pads arrived yesterday!
    i also just bought 2m x 1.5m Carbon Fiber Vinyl and set of red interior lights =P

@richierichness

Looking nice Mr Noob.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by MPSNoob View Post
    we are back in business coolant temp @ 180F and 2x 10-12 psi pulls before wot! and the car is running well! like sam said its just a odd issue but i know i just need to let the car warm up better!
    Richard did a great job helping me work through the issue! the support he gives is amazing!
    im now running 100RON as there is a servo 2 min from my work and 15 min from my house so why not =P
    Richard is now back to tuning! and i cannot begin to explain what a fantastic job he has done so far! the support is endless and he is a all-round top bloke! if anyone is considering using Richtune... DO IT!!!!!

anyways new map should be ready tomorrow morning and ill load it up and log again =]

on another note, i plasti dipped wheels on friday with @Justin and another friend!
    and my DBA 4000 T3 and Remsa Pads arrived yesterday!
    i also just bought 2m x 1.5m Carbon Fiber Vinyl and set of red interior lights =P

@richierichness
    The Remsa pads are a nice pad, but a very dirty. Lots of brake dust!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast