User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hypertech vs Cobb

Default Hypertech vs Cobb

Ok so I've been asking a lot of questions about tunes and stuff and ave decided I'm going either Cobb or hyper tech, now question is which one should I get, my car is going to stay completely stock except for a SRI or a CAI, so is it worth me getting a Cobb ap with minimal mods??? Or just get a hyper tech?

Reason I don't want to get a hpf is because I don't see the point in wasting that much money for a car with no mods.

Also, is a hypertech any good?
    is there a noticeable gain?

sorry if this is a re post.

thanks

Default Re: Hypertech vs Cobb

If you're planning on going with simple mods i.e. sri/tip/ic then go hypertech, you'll definitely notice a huge gain in addition it removes the boost restrictions in first and second gear.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Hypertech vs Cobb

Anything more than a filter with a TIP I'd suggest going AP.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

4. Default Re: Hypertech vs Cobb

I have SRI and TIP and have the Hypertech unit. Great gain, power delivered quicker and with the 1st 2nd torque limiter removed it makes for some serious fun.
    I would recommend the hypertech plus you will probably find someone selling one on the forums cheaper than normal.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok great after reading your opinions about it I will most likely lean towards the hypertech, now it just depends which one out of Cobb or hypertech i can get cheaper.

thanks

Hey eddie, I dont have any mods except pod filter.

and premhk has the worlds fastest mazdedit mps in the world

true actually....

Hahahah are you trying to lead me towards a hpf?? Lol.. Honestly I most likely would go hpf just the $$$ factor... Haven't got enough of that... Hopefully we meet up before I get anything and talk about it properly...

Simply
    If all you have and all you will ever have, hyper tech is all you will need.
    If you plan on doing more mods like exhaust, turbo etc slowly over time, you may aswell get the Cobb now and be done with it and e-tune it or download the OTS maps to suit.
    If you want to throw a crap load of money at your car in one hit on modifications, then I would go for a pro custom tune

Default Hypertech vs Cobb

I went to WSID in winter with the car stock and did 14.585 @ 100.43mph with a poor 2.544 60' time,

Since then its been Hyperteched and i took it to wsid this week.

It was 29 degrees when I ran it this week (9 degrees when I ran it stock).

14.526 @ 97.76mph with 2.364 60'

Car is way better off the line than before and pulls harder up top.

The extra heat explains the slower mph and the extra power from the tune and better launch due to not having any restrictors in the lower gears.

Definitely not worried by the MPH drop as I had a mate with me in his FG XR6 Turbo who did 12.3 @ 115 when I was there in winter with my stock car but only managed 12.6 @ 111 this time due to the warmer weather.

Moral of the story? The Hypertech is cheap and good BFYB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

well said, hpf pro custom tune $795..... OTS maps are too weak. Driven OTS and mazedit pro tune, mazedit wins!

If you after performance get it custom tuned. Maps off the shelf are not the best. They only run 2 degrees more advance timing and boost setting is crazy in the mid range rpm so you get wheel spin, torque steer and sensitive accelerator. Custom tune is better, the car will be more economical and when it will be put on the dyno the operator will check the mixtures and other things. I have AP in my car custom tuned and it's good. If you want to talk to me about it you can call me on 0422162930.

Heya Paul thanks for that. Who tuned ur car and which model is it? Did you notice big gains from OTS maps to the custom dyno tune?

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    Heya Paul thanks for that. Who tuned ur car and which model is it? Did you notice big gains from OTS maps to the custom dyno tune?
    He was tuned by Tim at RX-8 Specialties, I believe he posted a quick review of it in another thread, same car/year as you alex
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...lbourne-3.html
    Last edited by dazza; 24-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Yes I have posted a review including dyno graph. However since than I have increased target boost settings by 1-1.5 psi between 3000-6000rpm, so the graph is out of date. The reason why I increased the boost was because I felt that the car was capable of putting more power to the ground. There is also a video on youtube of my car 0-130 km/h 175 kw atw, but that's before I put the boost up.

give us the link Paul...

I only got up this morning because I'm going to Philip Island to watch car racing. I will be home later tonight.

Thanks for all the info guys..
    much appreciated

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast