User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: car got keyed at work on the street :'(((

Well - can't be everywhere - but i'll have a 50% better chance than anyone else of having the excess waived on a malicious damage claim with it than without it. Trust me - it's a small amount of money to spend compared to the time and frustration I spent on the phone with AAMI who wouldn't waive my excess because they couldn't identify the person who damaged my car last time - even though it happened in broad daylight on a busy street in front of a bar, and I saw it happen with my own eyes, and I had a written statement from a witness. Insurance companies will do anything to dodge a claim - I'm self insuring against the insurance company lol.

That being said - these cameras were all developed for the singaporean market where cars are SUPER expensive and vandalism is high. It is common to have up to four cameras installed on their cars!

I might get a lower spec 380G for the rear eventually......

ohh k understood.

if you ever find them, make them eat their own hands ! works everytime !

4. Default

Oh man, this sucks balls!!! What ever happened to drilling kids with "Treat thy neighbour as you yourself would be treated"??? I know it's boring religious stuff, but it's true. I don't want damage on my car, so I don't do it to others...

Quote Originally Posted by 37371118 View Post
    Any products I can use to cover a bit before I reprint it?
    After you have a true assessment as for fixing the thing, head into Autobarn, Supercheap or Repco to the paint department. They have small touch-up paints in what looks like a fat permanent marker type container. They do a black metallic-ish touch up colour. You don't get the full gloss look, but it covers the small chips I've gained in the past. It will fill the gap (paint on like nail-polish) but you will notice it. Just make sure the car is super clean, super dry and mildly warm. Dab the paint on in semi-thick amounts and let it run into the grooves. Too thin and it will have a deficit. Too thick and it will sit raised. It does shrink as it dries, but a good gentle buffing over the top afterwards will help conceal it. It's no respray, but it's a temporary fix and will stop the rust forming in the deeper metal body parts. Just make sure you have it assessed for insurance purposes first and get proper insurance photos taken before doing it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12