User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MPS - why so few?

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    That was a big thing between the current WRX and the MPS. The WRX interior is crap. It's as basic as my mum's base model Impreza with terrible stereo and all. I feel like the MPS interior is streets ahead most of the equivalent cars in the second hand price range.
    The WRX doesn't feel like a sports car anymore, its so soft and boring. The MPS looks the business (inside and out), goes hard, has an attitude problem (which makes it fun to drive fast) and with a simple tune to unrestrict the first few gears it will easily walk all over new-gen WRX's.

2. Default

Not to bump the thread too much, but as someone who bought an XR5 6 months ago, anytime a MPS3 comes up in discussion someone always throws in the torque steer issue from the very early reviews on these vehicles to automatically override it as a good car to purchase. I've never driven one despite it being one of my options (I made a thread about 3v6 and it went off topic very quickly!). I'm very happy with my Ford, not to turn this into a comparo thread!
    And why am I back here?! Chassis bracing research as both cars share the same chassis.

what torque stear?
    probably find a MPS has less than a XR5 as it has a proper LSD

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    what torque stear?
    Not just that.. But our MPS's have cruise control, a foot rest and a decent stereo. Among other benefits!

Plus, the torque steer is half the fun of a hot hatch!

Torque steer is a bi product of an incompetant driver hahahaha Easy to blame the car

Default Re: MPS - why so few?

If you can't handle the torque steer, then hand over your man card, ASAP!

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

The mazda dealer I spoke to told me that they only import a limited number per year to keep them more exclusive, dunno if its true or not?

Quote Originally Posted by greenzook89 View Post
    The mazda dealer I spoke to told me that they only import a limited number per year to keep them more exclusive, dunno if its true or not?
    I'm sure the disclaimer for that statement is something like: ".... in line with consumer demand and sales forecasts."

I doubt that a humble marque such as Mazda would limit imports for exclusivity.

Pulled up at lights yesterday amongst a group of road workers..
    "Hey that looks pretty nice!"
    "Yeah, what is it, oh I forget, I think its a Mazda something"
    me: "lol "

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    what torque stear?
    No you will prob find is has more! Thats cuz it has better traction, if a wheel is spinning no theres no grip, so there is no torque steer LSD job is to transfer traction from one wheel to the next so cuz its gana pull on the wheel. Prefer torque steer to no traction

Manual LSD would be best as its more gradual
    Last edited by RedDjinn; 10-01-2013 at 06:50 PM.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456