User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MPS - why so few?

Default MPS - why so few?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I should add that the C63 AMG sport shift is very slick, all but instantaneous, and I think that any edge the Mazda might ever be be to get would be greatly enhanced by having a much better shift. Hence the reason I added DSG to my wish-list above. It would make the Mazda MPS6 so much better, its big limitation being short legs in 1st and 2nd and a slow shift. That is why I don't indulge in street-light launches and drags. But launch (relatively) gently and then wipe the floor with the competition in 3rd gear? Now that is a different story. It's got to be one of the best urban freeway on-ramp gears around!!
    I totally agree with the launches hence it was only in 2nd and 3rd.
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

2. Default

I really like the fact that this car is so sleeper but so much potential and it provides so much comfort (6MPS luxury).
    Most of my friends never heard of the MPS and when I try explaining to them that it's not just a normal mazda 6 they just scratch their heads.

For me it was only ever out of two performance cars i was looking at buying around the start/middle of 2011... A evo 7/8 or a 3 MPS! Tesr drove a handful of clean evo 7/8's from dealerships and most of them with bolt on mods, but in all honesty they all fell short in being an all round comfortable/performance daily driven car i wanted to be in! And the other turn off was just the amount of evo's at the time and still to this day i see on the road it simply aint funny and i guess you can throw the golf GTI in that category aswell. On the other hand ive had a soft sport especially for the 3 MPS since 2006! Id never forget the time where they would have just been released here in Australia a red gen 1 absolutley blitzed my mates 300hp at all four wheels RS Liberty turbo rolling start on cumberland highway! Always had a thing for them since then and knew the true potential these cars had! So around August last year i found a 2008 BK MG luxury model with only one since new, so i was looking intrested so the salesman took me for a spin got back to the dealership 20 minutes later i signed the paper work a week later the car was mine, and until this day i dont regret my descision one little bit! I love the sleeper status on these things and 99% of the owners who own these cars dont give the MPS community a bad rap sheet!

Cheers Lee
    Metro Grey 2008 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury Pack
    Mods done - CPe TIP - Corksport SRI - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Stealth Boost Tubes - CPe Stage 2 REM - JBR Shift Kit Stage 2 - Cobb AP Stage 1 OTS Tune - F+R Whiteline Sway Bars - Lowered On King Springs
    Mods to come - FP Internals - CPe DP - Stage 2 Cobb AP Map

Agree with others, love the sleeper appeal. I reckon to most people, it's just another Mazda 3 which I'm perfectly fine with. Keeps me off the radar on all levels

Same can't be said about the genpu's though!

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Agree with others, love the sleeper appeal. I reckon to most people, it's just another Mazda 3 which I'm perfectly fine with. Keeps me off the radar on all levels

The Gen II are obviously a little less subtle but it is still the least recognised mainstream car I know about! and this is the key to its under-the-radar appeal. Everyone who has asked about my car thinks I have a Mazda 3 Sport... and they almost fall over when I tell them its turbo... and they really notice when you take them for a spin

The Gen II may be more radical with the style, but it still looks like a 3 from most angles and that is what matters. Plus Bogans can't spell M-P-S... so we are all safe.

You'd be surprised, even with the bonnet scoop on the Gen2 people aren't convinced it has power...i've had (a couple of times now) guys pull up beside me at traffic lights in commodores etc point and laugh thinking they were looking at a standard Mazda 3 with an aftermarket bonnet with a scoop, assuming it was just for show. As tempting as it was, i've never revealed to any of them the animal that lay beneth, even after the lights go green, doesn't faze me
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    You'd be surprised, even with the bonnet scoop on the Gen2 people aren't convinced it has power...i've had (a couple of times now) guys pull up beside me at traffic lights in commodores etc point and laugh thinking they were looking at a standard Mazda 3 with an aftermarket bonnet with a scoop, assuming it was just for show. As tempting as it was, i've never revealed to any of them the animal that lay beneth, even after the lights go green, doesn't faze me
    At the end of the day, it's all down to personal satisfaction. Knowing the potential is enough I say without having to fang it every chance you get.

When you get a nice stretch of road though...
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

agreed.......and as Doug said earlier coming off an on-ramp onto a motorway - Gotta love giving it a bit more then usual there hehe!

When you get a nice stretch of road though...
    Then you are obligated to test the car and make sure the power and torque is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Aaaaand that's why they are driving bombodores.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Why so few? Coz they not as good as some think they are, simple. The old megane drove so much better. Dont ban me now....lol

^
    Stone him!!!

Isn't it funny how the OP hasn't said a word since?? lol

When @LittleredMPS destroyed his BPV and calling Mazda spare parts departments to see if there was one available, one particularly daft guy asked what the part was for. Jace and Sam explained that it bolts on just off the intercooler and this bloke said "We make a car with a turbo?"

If a staff member in spare parts doesn't know, what chance do the public have!

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Isn't it funny how the OP hasn't said a word since?? lol
    whats up - I've posted a few times in the thread? I've enjoyed reading the responses, enjoying the car too.

Default Re: MPS - why so few?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    When @LittleredMPS destroyed his BPV and calling Mazda spare parts departments to see if there was one available, one particularly daft guy asked what the part was for. Jace and Sam explained that it bolts on just off the intercooler and this bloke said "We make a car with a turbo?"

If a staff member in spare parts doesn't know, what chance do the public have!
    Dam that was funny...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Dam that was funny...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The other pearler:

"$425!?! It's just a bit of plastic!"
    "....It's good plastic"

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    whats up - I've posted a few times in the thread? I've enjoyed reading the responses, enjoying the car too.
    Haha good to see. Sorry man

I think the answer is no simpler then fwd and torque steer, both of which I happen to not find a problem. Let's face it with the internet people would quiet easily find out about the mps when searching for a new car and quickly cross it off there short list because of the torque-steer(journos that can't drive) lol. And there seems to be this thing were awd is superior to fwd. I'd rather save the weight, fuel and insurance cost (wrx). When looking for my new car I drove xr5s, wrx and the mps and I was that surprised with the initial understeer on turn in on the wrx I had to drive the mps again. I was instantly sold on the mps, nicer interior also.

Quote Originally Posted by mymps11 View Post
    I think the answer is no simpler then fwd and torque steer, both of which I happen to not find a problem. Let's face it with the internet people would quiet easily find out about the mps when searching for a new car and quickly cross it off there short list because of the torque-steer(journos that can't drive) lol. And there seems to be this thing were awd is superior to fwd. I'd rather save the weight, fuel and insurance cost (wrx). When looking for my new car I drove xr5s, wrx and the mps and I was that surprised with the initial understeer on turn in on the wrx I had to drive the mps again. I was instantly sold on the mps, nicer interior also.
    That was a big thing between the current WRX and the MPS. The WRX interior is crap. It's as basic as my mum's base model Impreza with terrible stereo and all. I feel like the MPS interior is streets ahead most of the equivalent cars in the second hand price range.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast