User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MPS - why so few?

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    Had cops looking over my car and a work mates car VE SS lowered, 19's etc yesterday. When i got in my car and drove away the cop looked to me smiled and nodded his head, i proceed to smile and nod back lol. Did he know what it was maybe?
    I recon he did!

As an MPS owner and cop, I'll tell ya there are at least 3 or 4 MPS owners in my work car park alone. And plenty more wannabe owners!

Quote Originally Posted by GEN1MPS View Post
    Lol worst part when ppl ask you if it's a mazda 2 or mazda 3.
    ...i had a guy fit an exhaust hanger the other day and went he did the invoice he called it an MPV
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

Default MPS - why so few?

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    ...i had a guy fit an exhaust hanger the other day and went he did the invoice he called it an MPV
    Haahaa yea that too
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

Haahaa yea that too
    Well whether we like it or not, having only 1 transmission option, as pure as a sports/performance a manual is, does cut your market demographic

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    It's coz they don't offer the MPS in auto, right. Hehehe, just joshing Mat

Peter "SLIXX"

exactly! if they offered it an AWD with a decent sequential box i'd still own one! maybe one day i will be able to afford a golf R......

I reckon that they will become more popular once they drop further towards the 15k mark. That's 21yr old affordability right there. Then you might be start getting noticed for all the wrong reasons though....

Quote Originally Posted by Reisy86 View Post
    I recon he did!

As an MPS owner and cop, I'll tell ya there are at least 3 or 4 MPS owners in my work car park alone. And plenty more wannabe owners!
    please ignore the blue gen 1 with NSW plates
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    please ignore the blue gen 1 with NSW plates
    HaHa I'll keep an eye out, Sam. When are you heading down this way anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Reisy86 View Post
    HaHa I'll keep an eye out, Sam. When are you heading down this way anyway?
    that doesnt sound like you'll be doing a very good job of ignoring me
    might be down next weekend... will know for certain early next week, will put up a brunch thread if so
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    151 ... that's terrible! I can only assume the MPS is just not offered as an option at the dealership unless specifically asked for.
    There is only one dealer in Perth (Parkland) that has a MPS. And even if I did go with them I still had to wait 2 months because as EVERY daler told me "made to order"

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    There is only one dealer in Perth (Parkland) that has a MPS. And even if I did go with them I still had to wait 2 months because as EVERY daler told me "made to order"
    Yea I bought my first mps from them, Justin was very helpful.
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

That's crazy! When I was MPS-hunting back in 2010, every dealer I went to had one if not two models sitting around, albeit that being in the days of the Standard and Lux models. Once ordered, it was just the standard week or so for them to bring one into the dealership and prep it for sale.

Sounds like they are really winding back production and sale if they are now "made to order".

Yea I bought my first mps from them, Justin was very helpful.
    Well I am sorry to say that my experiences with them are pretty poor. The customer service is high... until you utter the words "I am not committed to buying today, just shoppin around".

Then they get all stroppy. Which I can understand it must happen all the time going for joy rides, etc, but you still have to be proffessional.
    I ended up going to Melville (which is 40-50 minutes out of my way) because of the friendly reception and service.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    That's crazy! When I was MPS-hunting back in 2010, every dealer I went to had one if not two models sitting around, albeit that being in the days of the Standard and Lux models. Once ordered, it was just the standard week or so for them to bring one into the dealership and prep it for sale.

Sounds like they are really winding back production and sale if they are now "made to order".
    If you sold 151 MPS 3's every year you would scale back to limit your loses too.

If you sold 151 MPS 3's every year you would scale back to limit your loses too.
    Well true. A general business model gives you two options in that instance: Scale back or rejuvenate interest. Certainly a year or two ago when the hot hatch segment wasn't in the limelight it is now, Mazda could have the marketing pitch as "Australia's best selling car - now Australia's most powerful hot hatch" or something along those lines. The ad would write itself!

The first and most logical alternative would be to advertize them. I've never seen an MPS3 advertized in the local papers, despite plenty of Mazda adverts. I only saw the MPS6 advertized once when they were in production and had to go to Melville to ask if there was one available that I could at least look at. The only routine commentary on them is in car mags. Why is that?

Stupid magazines, latest one has a test on the Focus ST vs Toyota 86 vs Golf GTi vs Hyundai velosta turbo.

Why aren't they testing all the competitors against the Focus?
    They never put the MPS up against anything in its class when a new rival comes out. It's always the Golf and now the 86.
    Do the magazines forget the MPS exists, do mazda not supply a car in fear of being made look silly?

Default Re: MPS - why so few?

I don't know if I was in the market for a hot hatch again whether I would buy the MPS. Don't get me wrong I love my car but yeah.

I will likely be in the market again in 2 years. I will getting a hot estate/wagon to cope with kids, bikes and carbon wheels.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Stupid magazines, latest one has a test on the Focus ST vs Toyota 86 vs Golf GTi vs Hyundai velosta turbo.

Why aren't they testing all the competitors against the Focus?
    They never put the MPS up against anything in its class when a new rival comes out. It's always the Golf and now the 86.
    Do the magazines forget the MPS exists, do mazda not supply a car in fear of being made look silly?
    I did see that, I was disapointed to see no MPS.

The MPS may be old by the standards of those cars, they have not changed to much recently, but it will still go toe-to-toe with any of those cars.

LOGAN, there is only one true hot estate - the Merc C63 AMG!! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    Amen to that Doug!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    I know. Haha.

Sent from my SGS3 4G

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast