User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ecutek and COBB tune

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Exactly lmao. Nice one prem :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    lol dumb ass, 795 and ur done and dusted, after ap purchase you still need to spend the hundreds on dyno time to correct what an etune couldnt do for you lol. ie- tim rx8 specialties.
    So ap is already around the $1000 mark+

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Pat's car us fast but it was not on a legit track when he ran 10's. it was an airport runway with mobile equipment. You can't trust that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why not? airport track is less sticky than a proper drag strip and has bumps on the road. More impressive if u ask me.

2. Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    lol dumb ass, 795 and ur done and dusted, after ap purchase you still need to spend the hundreds on dyno time to correct what an etune couldnt do for you lol. ie- tim rx8 specialties.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not? airport track is less sticky than a proper drag strip and has bumps on the road. More impressive if u ask me.
    Or it's not exactly 1/4 mile, or maybe its down hill. Point is that you can only claim records on a legit track... Kind of like you can't claim power on VD...you need actual dyno plot.

Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

He already runs low 11's consistently and has a load of money to outlay for more mods if he wants to clearly. Just add NOS and get world record....

Default Re: Ecutek and COBB tune

- - - Updated - - -

You said 500 for 5 hours was steep for someone's lack of knowledge tuning an mps. Hpf have no cost for the software and charge 795.

You are confusing yourself. That was for a full custom dyno tune not an etune.

Stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself, stop hitting yourself lmao.

I didn't realize we were debating what the cheapest option was. Getting kicked in the balls is cheap too.
    It's still cheaper than ecutek.

Last edited by Jmac; 20-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

You will never get the full potential from an etune, 90% of the way maybe.
    Its impossible. Why do they think everoyne goes to the dyno to suck the remaning bit of power out? People get it cause they think they will tune themselves eventually. It would be good if vendors sold it together with an etune for 600,that would be worthwhile. Hpfp were doing that but they are shithouse at sending logs back, was taking them over a week to send one map! Takes about a month to get fully e-tuned, with all consideration, people working etc

Farked if im going to travel 100kms every night to do a log,who has time to do that?! New map for you, oh yay lets drive another 100kms to test it lol

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Why don't we try an experiment. Your best "pro tuner" in Australia against one of my e-tunes. Same car same day on a dyno. What's at stake? Are you willing to make this happen?

I think this is the only way to shut this dude up and get him to see the light. I will guarantee anyone that gets tuned by me will blow the doors off any "pro tuned" non-Cobb AP car with similar mods.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.

Where would you recommend people to take logs with their cars for your etune btw.....

Dude a log takes about 5 seconds. You are proving your ignorance again. You are talking about a maf batch if you have an obscure intake to make sure it's calibrated properly. That's a once off.

If anyone takes notice of half the unsubstantiated rubbish you have wasted my bandwidth with by posting I'd be seriously concerned about their mental health.

There have been years worth of debates about road tuning vs dyno tuning and I'm of the view road tuning provides real world results rather than simulation on a dyno.

I'd urge anyone to do their own unbiased research on what solution will work best for them before making a decision.

Last edited by Jmac; 20-11-2012 at 01:01 PM.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Can anyone explain why I might need a HPFP with Cobb but not with MazdaEdit?

Is it a safety clause or a tune thing?
    Or is it must either way?

Not a big fan of the cost and/or tick tick tick!

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Can anyone explain why I might need a HPFP with Cobb but not with MazdaEdit?

Is it a safety clause or a tune thing?
    Or is it must either way?

Not a big fan of the cost and/or tick tick tick!

Peter "SLIXX"
    It's because hpf don't know to recommend one to avoid zzb. Its not due to the software.

Its due to the ecu logic of what to do when a lean condition is reached.

Before Einstein says it's so cobb make more money, they don't even sell fuel pumps lmao

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

You can tune around stock hpfp, just get less power...

Hmmm does the tick tick tick get any quieter or do I have to get a louder exhaust? Hehe

Peter "SLIXX"

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Hmmm does the tick tick tick get any quieter or do I have to get a louder exhaust? Hehe

Peter "SLIXX"
    I don't notice mine, they seem a bit hit and miss.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Before Einstein says....
    Be careful, @PremHK will take that as a compliment, regardless if said ingest!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Definitely a compliment pete lol. Dont go HPF, they dont know how to tune fast cars/or because they arent a vendor..lol
    When someone has a cobb prepped mps 3 with stock turbo, let me know.. Seems to be taking so damn long to find one finished without headaches or more logging to do or whatever it is....Hows ur goin Justin? Ready for Heathcote Drags?

Stirring the pot stirring the pot lol

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Stirring the pot stirring the pot lol
    I'm getting dizzy :S

Peter "SLIXX"

Mines sold in January mate. And it's not tuned. Though you would know that because it's about the 20th time I've told you.

Definitely a compliment pete lol. Dont go HPF, they dont know how to tune fast cars/or because they arent a vendor..lol
    When someone has a cobb prepped mps 3 with stock turbo, let me know.. Seems to be taking so damn long to find one finished without headaches or more logging to do or whatever it is....Hows ur goin Justin? Ready for Heathcote Drags?
    Kind of ironic as i said GO TO HPF earlier. And since I've not plugged a single sponsor this whole time. Keep dreaming pumpkin.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

There was a point to this thread

Enough of the pointless bickering children

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234