User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ecutek and COBB tune

Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Hey all,

I was just watching some videos on youtube that were posted by 'MRT' going on about there ECUtek tune, i was wondering is there much of a difference between their ECU tune compared to a COBB AP? are they the same things? just different brands?

Thanks,

Default Re: Ecutek and COBB tune

Same thing different brands...

yeah thought so, just wanted to make sure.

Thanks

Default Re: Ecutek and COBB tune

Check the stickies in the ecu tuning section.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

mpsexn, get Mazdabated at HPF..

lol how much would that cost ?

and what do they do at HPF?

Quote Originally Posted by mpsexn View Post
    lol how much would that cost ?
    $795.

- - - Updated - - -

and what do they do at HPF?
    Mazedit which is open source software, same sort of deal as ecutek but I don't believe you pay for license costs so its a bit cheaper
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

woww bit pricey... compared to the COBB AP from the website its like $570, and if it does the same thing? is it worth paying an extra $120 for it?

woww bit pricey... compared to the COBB AP from the website its like $570, and if it does the same thing? is it worth paying an extra $120 for it?
    Yes in theory they can both give the same end result, remember for $795 you are getting a pro dyno tune, drive in drive out and it will be tuned to the car.
    AP for $570 you get access to OTS (off the shelf) maps which are generic tunes and in no way comparable to a pro dyno tune. If you are happy with the performance off these you can leave it as is, but most eventually e-tune to squeeze that extra performance you would get from a dyno tune.
    ^ To get the same performance you need to e-tune with the AP which is another ~ $200 (or find another local tuner using AP, there aren't many currently). You need to do your own logs and send them back and forth to the tuner (u.s. tuners mostly). Just make sure if you choose to do this you have the time and location to do 4th gear logs (170+km/h). Obviously with the AP you get the benefit of reading CEL, clearing codes, logging data, launch control, flat foot shift etc...
    Ecutek, mazedit and all those are ecu flash tunes. You don't physically get anything for the money you pay, other than a tune.
    Last edited by dazza; 19-11-2012 at 09:02 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Ahhhhh ok. fair enough, makes more sense now lol.. yeah in the long run then it is worth getting the HPF tune done. and they aren't too far away from my house anyway.
    Is there a noticable diffrence in power? from just a tune (and getting an SRI)?

Daz, you can now get the mazedit software and run it on your lap top in ur car if you want, and I heard it covers over 60 or so parametres. Now you can see and do everything an AP can do, inc 0-100, qtr mile etc...

Ahhhhh ok. fair enough, makes more sense now lol.. yeah in the long run then it is worth getting the HPF tune done. and they aren't too far away from my house anyway.
    Is there a noticable diffrence in power? from just a tune (and getting an SRI)?
    Yes, if you have a 3 you will also remove boost restriction in the first few gears. It should be more than noticeable even with an SRI.

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Yes, if you have a 3 you will also remove boost restriction in the first few gears. It should be more than noticeable even with an SRI.
    "remove boost restrictions" - that can be done by getting the tune?

"remove boost restrictions" - that can be done by getting the tune?
    All tunes inc. AP will remove restrictions.

Great!! thanks for the extra info.
    the 'Mod bug' has hit me after i saw PremHK and Slixx car the other night hahah so im going to start doing a couple of things to it, but problem is i have no idea about any mods or anything engine wise lol....
    So thanks again.

ohh i just went on the HPF website apperantly "Gen-II vehicles are currently not supported"...... geusse it is the COBB AP then...

ohh i just went on the HPF website apperantly "Gen-II vehicles are currently not supported"...... geusse it is the COBB AP then...
    I believe they can do gen2, website is outdated but Im not sure if they use a harness or something. Give them a ring.

Ok, I will enquire about it.
    Cheers,

mpssexn I have a local tuner that can do a good price for you using MazdaEdit. he just completed my vehicle last week and it did a PB at Calder Park.

14.1 sec @ 104.35.

PM Me and I will get a price for you. Outfit is not flashy but gets the results you wish.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast