User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ecutek and COBB tune

AFAIK, in Brisbane, there is nobody that will tune with anything other than Ecutek. That is a very costly exercise!!

Default Re: Ecutek and COBB tune

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    justin, i have only ever spoken about 'etuning' being inferior to a proper dyno tune ie mazedit. And I have said many time, when ap have experienced dyno tuners in this country, i will make the switch, have i not?? Now stop plugging the vendors you get money from for your site lmao. Might ask hpf to become vendors......lol
    ps- best way to test, once we have a mps 3 with stock turbo cobb ap tune with similar mods to mine, one person to drive both and say which feels better. Debate closed!
    Seriously. You are making yourself look stupid.
    Buy ap. Take to hpf. Get dyno tune. Profit.

I've not plugged a sponsor. And i don't get anything from them.

MAZDAEDIT IS A PIECE OF SOFTWARE. YOU CAN ETUNE WITH IT OR DYNO TUNE WITH IT.

AP IS A PIECE OF SOFTWARE WITH A HANDHELD UNIT. YOU CAN ETUNE WITH IT OR DYNO TUNE WITH IT.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

hpf wont dyno tune with AP nor will alot of other places.
    Dont they have to have a protune license to commercially tune AP or they can download ATR but I thought you need a serial number to have access to this, I guess they could just run logs on dyno and tune off your laptop.. The only problem with that is price, youre paying 600 for AP and probably another 500 for a dyno tune, especially if they dont have experience tuning MPS. Still cheaper than those only optioned with ecutek I guess.
    Last edited by dazza; 20-11-2012 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Seriously. You are making yourself look stupid.
    Buy ap. Take to hpf. Get dyno tune. Profit.

I've not plugged a sponsor. And i don't get anything from them.

MAZDAEDIT IS A PIECE OF SOFTWARE. YOU CAN ETUNE WITH IT OR DYNO TUNE WITH IT.

AP IS A PIECE OF SOFTWARE WITH A HANDHELD UNIT. YOU CAN ETUNE WITH IT OR DYNO TUNE WITH IT.

I already know all this....mazedit has a more superior/experienced tuner than any ap tuner here in Oz havent they? lol fail, hance my argument....its not debateable, its fact. Fark! HPF wont tune Cobb so its not likely I could buy an AP and take it there for tuning, and I would go anywhere else but HPF. Been going there for 18 years, they know their shit. (and I looove workshops that are cleaner than hospitals!)

I already know all this....mazedit has a more superior/experienced tuner than any ap tuner here in Oz havent they? lol fail, hance my argument....its not debateable, its fact. Fark! HPF wont tune Cobb so its not likely I could buy an AP and take it there for tuning, and I would go anywhere else but HPF. Been going there for 18 years, they know their shit. (and I looove workshops that are cleaner than hospitals!)
    No. They are not the most experienced tuner in Aus.
    Why wouldn't they tune an AP?
    I'm sure they deal with any number of piggyback systems, i don't see it as being any different than that.

If you knew that why are you directly associating a 'dyno tune' with Mazdaedit? They are not mutually exclusive For either product or either method.

The reason hfp would be using Mazdaedit is because it was the first real solution available to audm vehicles after the nightmare that was piasini. Cobb is a late comer to the game here... But is the champion overseas which speaks volumes as they have had both solutions for years now.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    hpf wont dyno tune with AP nor will alot of other places.
    Dont they have to have a protune license to commercially tune AP or they can download ATR but I thought you need a serial number to have access to this, I guess they could just run logs on dyno and tune off your laptop.. The only problem with that is price, youre paying 600 for AP and probably another 500 for a dyno tune, especially if they dont have experience tuning MPS. Still cheaper than those only optioned with ecutek I guess.
    The Pro tuner software allows the tune to be locked if you chose. Can still use all features with ATR.

Usual rate is about 150 an hour for tuning.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

The Pro tuner software allows the tune to be locked if you chose. Can still use all features with ATR.

Usual rate is about 150 an hour for tuning.
    Fair enough that makes sense for the pricetag then.
    Yeah $150/hr, I believe Tim was $100hr and his last MPS AP tune was 5hrs dyno time
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Fair enough that makes sense for the pricetag then.
    Yeah $150/hr, I believe Tim was $100hr and his last MPS AP tune was 5hrs dyno time
    Wow. $500 per tune
    Holy crap. Think I might stay with OTS

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Thats expensive for lack of mps tuning experience dont u think? How many has he tuned?
    Last edited by PremHK; 20-11-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thats expensive for lack of mps tuning experience dont u think? How many has he tuned?
    So explain the hpf price tag considering the software is 'free' lmao

Maybe it's a $200 sticker

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Put it this way, most shops are going to be 100-150hr, I would expect minimum 3hrs dyno time so thats at least 300-400. If you have that sort of cash for a dyno tune on top of AP go for it. I was very close to going to Tim but couldnt justify the price on top when the AP sat in my glovebox most of the time

So explain the hpf price tag considering the software is 'free' lmao

Maybe it's a $200 sticker
    HPF is $795, at $150/hr you get roughly 5hrs dyno time (setting up and tuning) and a bit of road tune I believe, $750. I would hope they dont charge you for license fees lol
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

At least it's an entertaining conversation!!

Peter "SLIXX"

HPF is $795, at $150/hr you get roughly 5hrs dyno time (setting up and tuning) and a bit of road tune I believe, $750. I would hope they dont charge you for license fees lol
    Exactly lmao. Nice one prem :-P

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Wow. $500 per tune
    Holy crap. Think I might stay with OTS

Peter "SLIXX"
    This is why people are etuning ;-)

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

16. Default Ecutek and COBB tune

I thought Pat from Ukraine did a 10.9? Personal software.
    Pat's car us fast but it was not on a legit track when he ran 10's. it was an airport runway with mobile equipment. You can't trust that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Its really a never ending debate isnt it lol

18. Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Why don't we try an experiment. Your best "pro tuner" in Australia against one of my e-tunes. Same car same day on a dyno. What's at stake? Are you willing to make this happen?

I think this is the only way to shut this dude up and get him to see the light. I will guarantee anyone that gets tuned by me will blow the doors off any "pro tuned" non-Cobb AP car with similar mods.

Time to put your money where your mouth is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Im happy to pay a reputable tuner $200 for his experience..

Soon they'll be debating whether you "need" a HPFP and the cost outlay of that

Peter "SLIXX"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast