User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ecutek and COBB tune

HPF do Gen 2's.

Default Re: Ecutek and COBB tune

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    Daz, you can now get the mazedit software and run it on your lap top in ur car if you want, and I heard it covers over 60 or so parametres. Now you can see and do everything an AP can do, inc 0-100, qtr mile etc...
    You always could.. Do you know anything about the solution or are you just giving hpf a plug?

Fyi you might need to do some more reading but a tactrix cable is also required. Its $169
    http://www.tactrix.com/index.php?pag...&Itemid=53

Do your research first. The AP is much more flexible than mazda edit.
    The software is also $250 assuming hpf do not look their tunes
    http://www.epifansoft.com/mazdaEdit-...ns-prices.html
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Jmac; 19-11-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

i got no idea with all the IT jargon.. heard from someone else that they can see and set parametres with their mazedit, after you said a mazedit couldn't do all that, ie, 0-100, temps, etc... So its because of what you said that I beleived there was no software available to the owner of the vehicle.. there seems to be a trend with ppl who run AP thinking they are experienced tuners just because they know a little about IT lol.

i got no idea with all the IT jargon.. heard from someone else that they can see and set parametres with their mazedit, after you said a mazedit couldn't do all that, ie, 0-100, temps, etc... So its because of what you said that I beleived there was no software available to the owner of the vehicle.. there seems to be a trend with ppl who run AP thinking they are experienced tuners just because they know a little about IT lol.
    does any of that have to do with IT. You don't make any sense. If you don't know what you are talking about then stop posting rubbish.

Hpf tune with Mazdaedit software posted above. You get a single tune on your car that is it. If you want to log etc you need a tactrix cable and software license at $419 usd. Plus $795 for the base tune.

Without the cable, laptop and license you cannot have multiple tunes, data log, run live gauges etc. You do not get launch control or flat foot shifting. It is inferior in terms of what can be achieved in comparison to cobbs pure boost based maps.

Mazdaedit does not have the amount of development and market backing that cobb does.

A AccessPort costs 600 usd and then you can take it to your desired dyno OR etuner for a custom tune for high and low boost and e85 then change at will.

Average Joe does NOT need to data log or fiddle. You are on a forum. We are fiddlers. We are modders, I like to know what is going on.

Your ill informed posts will be removed in future.

Last edited by Jmac; 19-11-2012 at 10:11 PM.

-= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    does any of that have to do with IT. You don't make any sense. If you don't know what you are talking about then stop posting rubbish.

Hpf tune with Mazdaedit software posted above. You get a single tune on your car that is it. If you want to log etc you need a tactrix cable and software license at $419 usd. Plus $795 for the base tune.

Without the cable, laptop and license you cannot have multiple tunes, data log, run live gauges etc. You do not get launch control or flat foot shifting. It is inferior in terms of what can be achieved in comparison to cobbs pure boost based maps.

Mazdaedit does not have the amount of development and market backing that cobb does.

A AccessPort costs 600 usd and then you can take it to your desired dyno OR etuner for a custom tune for high and low boost and e85 then change at will.

Average Joe does NOT need to data log or fiddle. You are on a forum. We are fiddlers. We are modders, I like to know what is going on.

Your ill informed posts will be removed in future.

God damn @Fats getting in first cause I think I could marry you right now
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I think i need to copy and paste quotes from cobb ap tuners ie tim from rx8specialties and richierichness their comments on how mazedit is a superior way to tune over the etuning option again....
    ps- I dont need launch control or flat foot shifting lol
    pss- Now shut up and make babies already and stop letting me get up ur skin lol

Default Ecutek and COBB tune

Yeah Alex stop baiting those who still have an ap :P

I think i need to copy and paste quotes from cobb ap tuners ie tim from rx8specialties and richierichness their comments on how mazedit is a superior way to tune over the etuning option again....
    @richierichness @Dantes5823
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Read buddy. Who said you had to etune with AP? Tim prefers the AP anyway.. I've spoken to him about it...

You are confused between a tuning package and a method of tuning. You can take an AP and get a dyno tune here, on a dyno, on a dyno, on a dyno.. Dyno. Dyno.
    Clear enough?
    Oh and you don't pay extra for the software. Its included.

Fail.

Last edited by Jmac; 19-11-2012 at 11:02 PM.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

@RX8 Specialties

Last edited by Jmac; 19-11-2012 at 11:06 PM.

11. Default

Cobb AP is what the fastest MPS and Mazdaspeed cars in the World are using and have been using for years. This is because the price/support is great. In fact I just broke the stock tubro MPS/Mazdaspeed world record this weekend. I ran a 12.263 @ 111.75 mph. The absolute fastest MPS/Mazdaspeed car is owned by Superskaterxes from MSF....he is also running the AP. His GTX35R runs 11.30 @ 126 mph.

IMO your best bet is to get an AP and get e-tuned. However, my opinion is a little bias considering I am one of those e-tuners. I invite you to do your research and see how much better of an investment the Cobb AP is.

The AP as it has stood the test of time with multiple platforms. BTW the AP has over 180 parameters.
    Last edited by richierichness; 20-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

What goes on in the States doesnt have any relevance to the mps models here in Aus. Too many variables. Our fuel is terrible and wont respond to your etunes as well as your own cars on US fuel. Thats a fact and non debateable. I am yet to see a quick cobb ap car in Aus. Do you think its possible for an mps(in Oz) to run in the 12's with stock turbo, zorst and cooler and only 170kw? Just a question..

Driver mod?

lol if its driver mod, then why did the most experienced race car drivers that tested the 2 mps's with over 200kw run low 14's lol otherwise ur saying im Ayrton Senna.

Quote Originally Posted by richierichness View Post
    Cobb AP is what the fastest MPS and Mazdaspeed cars in the World are using and have been using for years. This is because the price/support is great. In fact I just broke the stock tubro MPS/Mazdaspeed world record this weekend. I ran a 12.263 @ 111.75 mph. The absolute fastest MPS/Mazdaspeed car is owned by Superskaterxes from MSF....he is also running the AP. His GTX35R runs 11.30 @ 126 mph.

IMO your best bet is to get an AP and get e-tuned. However, my opinion is a little bias considering I am one of those e-tuners. I invite you to do your research and see how much better of an investment the Cobb AP is.

The AP as it has stood the test of time with multiple platforms. BTW the AP has over 180 parameters.
    I thought Pat from Ukraine did a 10.9? Personal software.

What goes on in the States doesnt have any relevance to the mps models here in Aus. Too many variables. Our fuel is terrible and wont respond to your etunes as well as your own cars on US fuel. Thats a fact and non debateable. I am yet to see a quick cobb ap car in Aus. Do you think its possible for an mps(in Oz) to run in the 12's with stock turbo, zorst and cooler and only 170kw? Just a question..
    It sort of does.. Not directly for times but they have had more options available for longer.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Options dont mean u will go quicker or have a faster mps..... thats the aim of modding isnt it?

Options dont mean u will go quicker or have a faster mps..... thats the aim of modding isnt it?
    OMG. Seriously. All you do us contradict yourself. You just hit through saying the other day power is not everything.

I will chose the option that has the most features, most industry backing, great vendor support, the product the most people have used and have had the most experience with, the one that yields the best results.

You have been comparing Mazdaedit as a custom tune to ap ots maps until now.

Most ap owners have not gone balls out yet as they are using the generic maps. Have a look at Sams output and tell me it doesn't work.

You can have custom dyno tunes done at any workshop you choose with an AP.
    Then you compare dyno tunes to etuning. You can do either with the AP.

One is a method, one is a software package. As a package AccessPort shits all over the older, outclassed Mazdaedit in terms of features, support, value and the inclusion of the hand held unit.

Do some reading and stop leading people astray. Its not a joke when people take some of the things you write in jest as gospel.

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD

Not many workshops will dyno tune with the AP at this stage as far as I was aware, there are 2 I know of in Melbourne but neither are dedicated to tuning the MPS platform, e-tuning would still be preferable at this stage.
    I still agree with the others the AP is far better value, e-tuning is great if you've got the time to do it.
    Nothing wrong with a mazedit tune, obviously you don't get a handheld after it but what you lose in regard to that you gain in convenience of the tune I guess. All depends what people want.
    Last edited by dazza; 20-11-2012 at 10:33 AM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

justin, i have only ever spoken about 'etuning' being inferior to a proper dyno tune ie mazedit. And I have said many time, when ap have experienced dyno tuners in this country, i will make the switch, have i not?? Now stop plugging the vendors you get money from for your site lmao. Might ask hpf to become vendors......lol
    ps- best way to test, once we have a mps 3 with stock turbo cobb ap tune with similar mods to mine, one person to drive both and say which feels better. Debate closed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast