User Tag List

Thread: Windows

Default Windows

Hey all I would like to know what products you guys use for your windows to get them streak free. I have been using Auto Glym's Fast glass with a micro fibre cloth but no matter how much I clean it always seems to leave some streaks. Just wanted to know if there was a better product or a better method. Thanks

Default Re: Windows

Meguiars no smear glass cleaner / prima clarity

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Meguiars no smear glass cleaner / prima clarity
    Thanks dazza do you use a microfiber towel with it? How well does it work?

I use a glass cloth, microfiber you may get some lint sticking to the windows, I have never had issues with streaking with either products, basically spray a LITTLE on the window and buff off, it dries clear and leaves no marks.

Pretty much as Dazza says above. The important thing is to ensure that you use a tint-friendly glass cleaner. Ie one that is ammonia free. Windex etc contains ammonia and will destroy window tints.

Specific automotive grade glass cleaners are the way to go, and Megs No Smear and Prima Clarity are excellent products.

Both can be bought from ZAS. OZMPS Club Members qualify for a discount from ZAS as they are site sponsors. See here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/zen-a...ducts-zas.html

Cheap microfibre cloths can also cause linting (eg the kind you buy from SuperCheap Auto for $15 for 25 towels)

For glass the Megs No Smear Glass Cloths are good: Meguiar's No Smear Glass Cloth 3 Pack AG3033

Lately though I've been using the Optimum Edgeless Microfibre as they're slightly cheaper and are an excellent all-round cloth (whereas the Megs can only be used for glass): Optimum Edgeless Microfibre Cloth 40x40cm

I use these for almost everything, from polish residue removal while machine polishing, to Opticoat buffing, to window cleaning (all different cloths of course. I have specific cloths for each task. Not all the same one)

About the only thing I don't use them for is wax buffing. I could do, but I use a deeper pile ZAS Blue Microfibre for that task.

Can't praise the Optimum Edgeless cloths highly enough.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Pretty much as Dazza says above. The important thing is to ensure that you use a tint-friendly glass cleaner. Ie one that is ammonia free. Windex etc contains ammonia and will destroy window tints.

Specific automotive grade glass cleaners are the way to go, and Megs No Smear and Prima Clarity are excellent products.

Both can be bought from ZAS. OZMPS Club Members qualify for a discount from ZAS as they are site sponsors. See here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/zen-a...ducts-zas.html

Cheap microfibre cloths can also cause linting (eg the kind you buy from SuperCheap Auto for $15 for 25 towels)

For glass the Megs No Smear Glass Cloths are good: Meguiar's No Smear Glass Cloth 3 Pack AG3033

Lately though I've been using the Optimum Edgeless Microfibre as they're slightly cheaper and are an excellent all-round cloth (whereas the Megs can only be used for glass): Optimum Edgeless Microfibre Cloth 40x40cm

I use these for almost everything, from polish residue removal while machine polishing, to Opticoat buffing, to window cleaning (all different cloths of course. I have specific cloths for each task. Not all the same one)

About the only thing I don't use them for is wax buffing. I could do, but I use a deeper pile ZAS Blue Microfibre for that task.

Can't praise the Optimum Edgeless cloths highly enough.
    Thanks mate I'll def buy them

Thanks Dan and Dazza bought the Megs no smear and the Megs cloth worked fantastic

Default Windows

Good to hear!