User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Replacement Discs and Pads

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    So far I find my Hawks, at least on the DBA rotors, far LESS dusty than stock, as might be expected given they are a more resistant pad that requires slightly higher pedal pressures. And I have never had a squeal from them. I find them fine for street use, even from cold.

I think a lot of people tend to confuse brake "performance" with the way they feel on the pedal. OEM pads are pretty soft and have an early bite that feels good, but this may not translate into a true "high performance" pad when the chips are down, and you might only discover the real difference on a winding downhill run on an alpine road (as if we have lots of those here in WA).
    I found the remsa more dusty at the start, but now they are less dusty than stock
    @MPSed has Hawks and he says they're not dusty at all, but need a little to warm them up when cold

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

For my style of driving its sounding more and more like remsa and rda are the way to go.

I like predictable brakes especially early in the morning when I'm pre-coffee :-)

3. Default

ok update.
    I have just changed my pads again - from Remsa to TRW.
    I have noticed the TRW to be better when cold. When hot, i think they are very close to the remsa. Havent tried it on a track yet though.
    TRW is oem for bmw, merc etc. its european made.

I use TRW. Dustys and eat rotors. But the best pad I have used for street car on the track.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234