User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Replacement Discs and Pads

Default Replacement Discs and Pads

Cool after I decide on pads

Then I need to decide on Brake Fluid (GSL recommending Penrite RBF600 Dot 4 Racing Brake Fluid)

And whether to go ahead and get Braided brake lines

Peter "SLIXX"

No real need in Braided Lines if you use your car off a track, but maybe someone with more experience can weigh in.

Finally have the performance I want....

Had my front discs, DBA 4000 slotted machined & I installed some new pads, Ferrodo 2500's...........

After wearing them in for approx 500km's I find these pads to be very responsive. No issue with cold or hot pads.

I previously had Hawk H10's that were only half worn. I was reasonably happy with their perfortmance but I wanted something better. I was contemplating going the Brembo BBK if these babies didn't do the job.

Now I can honestly say I am very satisfied with the result in more ways than 1, as I don't have to but a BBK......SAVES $$$$$$$$$

Only gripe is sporadic squeaking ........ Otherwise Awesome Result!!!

I didn't even know Ferodo 2500's were available for our cars! Where did you buy them? I've been looking for them for yonks. I eventually gave in and bought a set of Carbotech XP10's.

I live in Canberra & I purchased them from Neil Bates Automotive in Hume.

Need to speak with Mark, he'll hook you up........

6. Default

I'm still rolling the stock discs and QFM HPX pads, and honestly they're pretty "meh"... I think that's why GSL stopped stocking them for the MPS.

I never did a real burnishing when I got them installed and so got a very annoying squeal when pulling up at lights etc. I don't really care about brake squeal, least of my worries, but I did do a proper burning run on my brakes a few weeks ago. Smoked them to seriously get the right level of grip, but even at stock, these cars should've had better front brakes. Bigger discs or at least stronger calipers. Pulling up is fast regardless, but really stamping the foot down in emergencies can leave a few heartbeats behind.

I will probably have to do the discs next time I get brakes done. I'm nearing the 100k mark on my vehicle and without going a BBK I like the combination of the DBA T3's and T2's, although T3's all-round would be nice. Opinions of pads have changed over the time, Remsa seem good for street, as do Hawk, but not sure what pads I'll be purchasing next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    I'm still rolling the stock discs and QFM HPX pads, and honestly they're pretty "meh"... I think that's why GSL stopped stocking them for the MPS.

I never did a real burnishing when I got them installed and so got a very annoying squeal when pulling up at lights etc. I don't really care about brake squeal, least of my worries, but I did do a proper burning run on my brakes a few weeks ago. Smoked them to seriously get the right level of grip, but even at stock, these cars should've had better front brakes. Bigger discs or at least stronger calipers. Pulling up is fast regardless, but really stamping the foot down in emergencies can leave a few heartbeats behind.

I will probably have to do the discs next time I get brakes done. I'm nearing the 100k mark on my vehicle and without going a BBK I like the combination of the DBA T3's and T2's, although T3's all-round would be nice. Opinions of pads have changed over the time, Remsa seem good for street, as do Hawk, but not sure what pads I'll be purchasing next time.
    I got the Remsa's and @MPSed has the Hawks. I would say the Remsa's are great, but are very dusty compared to stock although I was told otherwise by @gslrallysport
    @MPSed tells me that he very happy with the Hawks and they are low dust

We both have T3 fronts and T2 rears

Looking at how much rear brake pad I had left, the rears don't do much work. So I would say T2s are fine

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 21-12-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Rears do shit all. I recommend going up a pad compound in the rear to get better brake biasing. But that's only really for racing. On the street it wont make a difference and if you go bias the rear too heavily then heavy braking is terrifying when your rears start locking up before the fronts and you arrive at the corner backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Rears do shit all. I recommend going up a pad compound in the rear to get better brake biasing. But that's only really for racing. On the street it wont make a difference and if you go bias the rear too heavily then heavy braking is terrifying when your rears start locking up before the fronts and you arrive at the corner backwards.
    All in good fun!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

Hi pete this message is probably a little too late Just ordered stoptech front rotors plus cs front and rear pads for $332 got them shipped seamail for $170 from CS ps not sure if these slotted rotors or pads are any good will wait and see once they are fitted regards michael

Great price
    Awesome. Only thing with the Remsa pads is that they are really dusty

They stop great, but make a mess after a few day. Lucky I have darker coloured rims

Peter "SLIXX"

Hi All,
    I'm at the stage where i'll be replacing my front discs/pads next week.
    I've found the DBA 4000 Series T3 & that's what i'm getting (part #DBA42962S )
    I'm struggling to find/decide on suitable pads to replace also, the only actual part number i can find on the Bendix website is DB1679 but i'm not 100% sure that they suit the MPS.

I looked at EBC (red stuff, green stuff etc but i'm not convinced they are any good)

Hawk Performance part # i found after reading this is HB549x.702, are these the way to go? They are for sale through advance speed shop i just found out which would make ordering them easy.

Are there any other worth wild options? Any manufacturers &/or part number would be great as i'm buying next week.

thanks.
    '07 CB 3MPS

|| Brake Dust || CPE CAI || Cobb TIP || HID Conversion ||

Quote Originally Posted by boags View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm at the stage where i'll be replacing my front discs/pads next week.
    I've found the DBA 4000 Series T3 & that's what i'm getting (part #DBA42962S )
    I'm struggling to find/decide on suitable pads to replace also, the only actual part number i can find on the Bendix website is DB1679 but i'm not 100% sure that they suit the MPS.

I looked at EBC (red stuff, green stuff etc but i'm not convinced they are any good)

Hawk Performance part # i found after reading this is HB549x.702, are these the way to go? They are for sale through advance speed shop i just found out which would make ordering them easy.

Are there any other worth wild options? Any manufacturers &/or part number would be great as i'm buying next week.

thanks.
    I have Remsa pads which I ordered from @gslrallysport. They are really nice and smooth, albeit very dusty
    @MPSed bought Hawk Pads and he is very happy and they are a lot less dusty

Currently RaydTuned

14. Default

i have remsa too.. dusty yes. but for the price can anyone suggest better stopping poweR??

Quote Originally Posted by dar_vedar View Post
    i have remsa too.. dusty yes. but for the price can anyone suggest better stopping poweR??
    The Hawk HPS are at a very good price in the CorkSport Website
    $59each for Rears
    $72each for Fronts

Currently RaydTuned

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    The Hawk HPS are at a very good price in the CorkSport Website
    $59each for Rears
    $72each for Fronts
    Then theirs Shipping. haha

I've got same Rotors and HP-X pads from QFM, so far so good same response as OEM, and atm i've noticed little dust.

Apparently though you have to grind away a locating pin on the HPX pads as it causes them to sit out of place slightly... I've noticed no noises as of yet.

Default Re: Replacement Discs and Pads

I'm on Hawk HPS pads. At a track day they performed well. As a daily, you need to get used to their COLD "less than OEM" stopping power as they like a bit of heat.
    I don't notice now.

Edit: Bought them from MPS Garage...
    Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE

Currently looking for pads and rotors, 64k on my gen 1 and need replacing.
    After something with a bit more bite and feel, anyone had experinces with RDA discs? Also looking at the DBA's but just slotted. Don't wanna go to crazy, I don't track it, daily driven but a turbo upgrade might be happening soon

DBA are good they are an upgrade, RDA are cheaper but not as good so see them as stock with slots.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast