Thread: Springs

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    The real question now is... how low can you go

Any reason for Coils > Springs?
    Purely adjustibility in ride height and damper settings, i'm assuming
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Purely adjustibility in ride height and damper settings, i'm assuming
    That's why I got them on the my old WRX... that and all the track work I did in it.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    The real question now is... how low can you go

Any reason for Coils > Springs?
    No real reason just liked the coilovers offered by 2XS, a couple of peeps in Brissy already running on the same ones and spoke to them at length first. Overall price actually worked out cheaper than going springs/shocks so thought it was better value. Guess ill find out tomoz

Quote Originally Posted by Wingsta View Post
    No real reason just liked the coilovers offered by 2XS, a couple of peeps in Brissy already running on the same ones and spoke to them at length first. Overall price actually worked out cheaper than going springs/shocks so thought it was better value. Guess ill find out tomoz
    I was just curious, but fair call on the value for money incentive

I am also keen to see the results, I would be keen on coils if I get the track bug... Again.

5. Default Re: Springs

Hi guys
    Thought this was the right thread to ask the question. My back left shocker is on the way out so will need to change the back 2. I was thinking if stock ones are costing me $250 each I should ask the question of after market options for all 4 that will give me a lower and better ride. Appreciate suggestions and if I need after market springs to make it lower. Also a price point would be handy of anyone knows.

Maybe Eibach springs - $?
    Shockers -?

Thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

Default Springs

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post
    Hi guys
    Thought this was the right thread to ask the question. My back left shocker is on the way out so will need to change the back 2. I was thinking if stock ones are costing me $250 each I should ask the question of after market options for all 4 that will give me a lower and better ride. Appreciate suggestions and if I need after market springs to make it lower. Also a price point would be handy of anyone knows.

Maybe Eibach springs - $?
    Shockers -?

Thanks!

@PremHK Eibach springs + koni shocks installed $900 from Motorsport essentials I think in mulgrave I'm getting the same setup in future

Mazedit coming soon
    Member Of a Wallbangers Club

7. Default Re: Springs

Quote Originally Posted by GEN1MPS View Post
    @PremHK Eibach springs + koni shocks installed $900 from Motorsport essentials I think in mulgrave I'm getting the same setup in future

Mazedit coming soon
    Thanks GEN1MPS so this is a known good setup for the Gen1 mps?
    Does anyone on here have the Eibach with konis?
    Also was that price $900 including the actual parts and installation?

Thanks again!

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |

Default Springs

Thanks again!

@PremHK has this setup
    If you want to get in touch with him, Let me know and I'll pass on your details

Motorsport Essentials installed them as they installed the same setup on my GenII

You can contact Dean @ Motorsport Essentials for details and quote below. He also can supply and for Whiteline sway bar products

29E Glenvale Crescent
    Mulgrave‎ Victoria‎ 3170
    Australia
    03 9562 1005
    enquiry@motorsportessentials.com.au

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Thanks again!

Yes and Yes. I have the Mazdaspeed spring kit (which are re-badged eibach pro kit), with Koni Yellows. That with stock swaybars, but uprated endlinks. Handling is brilliant, rides MUCH better than stock.

10. Default Re: Springs

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    @PremHK has this setup
    If you want to get in touch with him, Let me know and I'll pass on your details

Motorsport Essentials installed them as they installed the same setup on my GenII

You can contact Dean @ Motorsport Essentials for details and quote below. He also can supply and for Whiteline sway bar products

29E Glenvale Crescent
    Mulgrave‎ Victoria‎ 3170
    Australia
    03 9562 1005
    enquiry@motorsportessentials.com.au

Peter "SLIXX"
    Derrrrr I just realised this is Alex who I met at the car wash last month!
    Please pass him my details as I would like to talk to him about his suspension.
    You have my mob if not pm me and ill send again
    Thanks!

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2
    2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

11. Default

I have fitted Bilstein B12's (essentially Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs). Cost me around 760EUR Posted from Germany. Then cost me around $300 for fitting and alignment.

A slight drop in height but hardly noticeable, ride is 100% better than riding on stuffed stock shocks for months. Wasn't close enough to original for decent comparison.

12. Default Re: Springs

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    I have fitted Bilstein B12's (essentially Bilstein shocks with Eibach springs). Cost me around 760EUR Posted from Germany. Then cost me around $300 for fitting and alignment.

A slight drop in height but hardly noticeable, ride is 100% better than riding on stuffed stock shocks for months. Wasn't close enough to original for decent comparison.
    Have you got a link to the site or ebay seller your bought this kit off? Appreciate it Dr teeth!

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

If you decide on King Springs, you need "Low" fronts and "Super Low" rears for an even height and bump stop clearance.
    You can also trim 10mm off the front and rear bump stops for a little more clearance.

14. Default Re: Springs

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    If you decide on King Springs, you need "Low" fronts and "Super Low" rears for an even height and bump stop clearance.
    You can also trim 10mm off the front and rear bump stops for a little more clearance.
    Thanks Troy ill keep that in mind as kings may be an option. My local suspension guy also recommended a more affordable shocker set up as Monroe GTs. Anyone know anything about these?

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS

Thanks Troy ill keep that in mind as kings may be an option. My local suspension guy also recommended a more affordable shocker set up as Monroe GTs. Anyone know anything about these?

What Troy said, before going coilovers I had super lows at the back and lows on the front, perfectly level.
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

16. Default

Have you got a link to the site or ebay seller your bought this kit off? Appreciate it Dr teeth!

Eibach springs and coilover suspensions and B12 suspensions with Bilstein - Fahrwerke24.de

Email these guys, good in english, just make sure you state you will pay with PayPal. Genuine box of Bilsteins to Australia, not assembled though.

17. Default

thats a great price for B12's time for a upgrade

18. Default

I know right!

They're not much of a change in height to OEM, but there is a considerable feel different in the cabin. Not rock hard, but you know that when they bump, they return without any hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Teeth View Post
    Eibach springs and coilover suspensions and B12 suspensions with Bilstein - Fahrwerke24.de

Email these guys, good in english, just make sure you state you will pay with PayPal. Genuine box of Bilsteins to Australia, not assembled though.
    Hey did you get the pro kit? Looking to upgrade, was initially looking at B8's but this does look tempting.

And in terms of not assembled, what do you mean by that? Cheers!
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

20. Default

i believe the B12s are B8s + eibach springs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast