User Tag List

Thread: QLD/Bris: Standard Mazda 18" wheels (7.5/8") suit Mazda6 sedan

Default QLD/Bris: Standard Mazda 18" wheels (7.5/8") suit Mazda6 sedan

Just wondering for all those MPS owners who have updated to different wheels, just thinking of either RX8 or CX7 type wheels - it's only for a basic 04 Mazda6 (slightly lowered), but needing something I can fit wider tyres to - currently running SP23 wheels (only 6.5" wide) with 205/50x17 KU31s. They grip well, but they wear out too quick as a result, and I think they're too narrow for the larger car (even though it came with 205/55x16), compared with the sports version at least, which came with 215/45x17, and the new 6s running 225s I think.

Default Re: QLD/Bris: Standard Mazda 18" wheels (7.5/8") suit Mazda6 sedan

Some upgrades Rusty? Good one.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Yeah Brad. Looking at costs wise, was about $175 per tyre last time, yet you can get 235/40x18 for a lot less than that, as they're a more common size.... I'd probably go 225/40 though, but shouldn't be much different in price.
    When I got suspension done, they told me the front bushes were shagged, which is why tyre wear was crap, but don't want to spend too much. I should hit up Mazda (might have a look Sat morn), and see what I can get at trade price or less :-). They might have some deals on CX7 wheels, that customers have changed for 19/20" or something - I think I did see a sign somewhere once.

4. Default

I have a set of 2007 CX7 wheels (no tyres) sitting boxed in the garage I'd like to sell as I no longer have the car?

What price would you be thinking?
    Looking at another offer with tyres as well for only $650, though down Melbourne, so about $750 with shipping.

6. Default

All good condition, no kerb rash plus I am closer than Melbourne, Warner (back of Strathpine). From seeing what others sell I would say $280 is a fair price.

Will see what I can find tyre wise 2moro, as that could work out easier for me, even though I can arrange TNT delivery through work from Melbourne if needed.
    Actually at work at Lawnton now, so not too far out of the way at least.

I got standard MPs wheels, shadow chrome ones excel condition

What to do.... what to do???
    Well, I'll have a look in the morning to see what a set of 225/40x18 will cost me (know a guy, who knows a guy... lol... dad used to be able to get them at almost cost, but not anymore), then decide if the shipping option will be better or not.
    Yes, it will likely be cheaper, but then looking at my car, I'm not one for anything overly fancy on the outside, and not sure MPS wheels (either gen) will work/suit it (it's an 04 and auto - don't hold that against me).

Default QLD/Bris: Standard Mazda 18" wheels (7.5/8") suit Mazda6 sedan

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    I got standard MPs wheels, shadow chrome ones excel condition
    Pm sent

Well, after seeing that the best price I can get for the 225/40x18 is about $245 each, it seems my sister has some tyres in the right size, but with some random wheels she wants for her car. They still have enough tread for a few 1000k, so can get new tyres when they wear out.
    Hopefully @PPK88 can organise a pickup for me one afternoon after work or something? I'm thinking the CX7 wheels will be fine.

12. Default

This is one of the wheels, just making sure this is what you are after, I will pm you with my details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

As long as they're the standard 7.5" wide and whatever the stud pattern is, I think they're all the same for Mazdas? (well mine has SP23 wheels on, so I guess so?).
    If they all look that good, for sure!
    Now to get my sister to organise getting the tyres off her spare wheels!

Thanks to Phil, I now have a shiny set of wheels. Now to get some tyres and I'm all set :-)