User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will a fmic flutter on gen1 mps

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Look at forum sponsors first.
    Then wonder why the company you mention, who we should be the key market for them to advertise in, do not sponsor the forum.
    Sorry mate :/ fixed the post. New to all this

Default Re: Will a fmic flutter on gen1 mps

You are talking about flutter, get a bpv and wind it to the hardest setting.
    I won't be held responsible for any damage caused long term to the turbo shaft.
    Its air going the wrong way through the compressor

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

3. Default

You all misunderstand wat I'm asking, I actually don't want that flutter sound so was simply asking if I get a fmic if that will cause it to flutter cause then I wouldn't get it.

No it won't.

Incorrectly set blow off valve will cause that sound NOT THE INTERCOOLER

To avoid flutter & BPV loudness in general you want to keep the stock BPV or go for a full recirculating valve. It is only going to cause the noises you say you don’t want.

Then the next step is to get a TIP & SRI. I have the CorkSport and it is great, well priced and makes a great (but subtle) noise when you jump on the gas. Then get an Cobb AP to unlock some more go. This will give you the subtle sounds you are looking for. It is the setup that I currently run and it is stealthy but good fun. If you want to keep the wife happy and avoid attention from the old bill then I think it is the right set up.

before you look at any cooler FMIC or TMIC the HPFP will need upgrading if you want to keep it all legit and not drop in your fuel pressure. That is another story for another thread.

Everyone will have a different perception of what is loud and what sounds good. Scour the net for videos and you should get a rough idea of what your chosen mods will sound like.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol Pete View Post
    To avoid flutter & BPV loudness in general you want to keep the stock BPV or go for a full recirculating valve. It is only going to cause the noises you say you don’t want.

Then the next step is to get a TIP & SRI. I have the CorkSport and it is great, well priced and makes a great (but subtle) noise when you jump on the gas. Then get an Cobb AP to unlock some more go. This will give you the subtle sounds you are looking for. It is the setup that I currently run and it is stealthy but good fun. If you want to keep the wife happy and avoid attention from the old bill then I think it is the right set up.

before you look at any cooler FMIC or TMIC the HPFP will need upgrading if you want to keep it all legit and not drop in your fuel pressure. That is another story for another thread.

Everyone will have a different perception of what is loud and what sounds good. Scour the net for videos and you should get a rough idea of what your chosen mods will sound like.
    Thanks Pete that was all the info I was after, the basic mods u got is what I was thinking on doing so thanks for the advise bud.

No dramas mate…

To get VL levels of flutter you need to blank the BOV off, so remove it, cut a coke can, stick that in as a gasket under the BOV. This prevents the air leaving via the bov, causing it to push back through the turbo, creating the flutter noise. Which as mentioned is bad for the turbo and makes you look like a twit.
    You can also screw the bov down too hard so it won't vent properly. However a FMIC + SRI etc will not cause you to flutter, the SRI will cause you to hear the stock bov releasing though (this is normally muffled by the stock airbox).
    1993 KL-ZE 626 - Written off
    2005 MPS6 - Me Boosta, GTX2867 Freektuned

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12