User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will a fmic flutter on gen1 mps

1. Default Will a fmic flutter on gen1 mps

Hi guys, I'm new here and have reasantly purchased a 06 3mps. I am planning on keeping it for quiet a few years I'm looking for the more suttle mods and to keep the wife happy as I went a bit nuts with last car.
    I am defiantly getting a turbosmart bpv, Cobb ap, I already got k&n panel in. I was considering also getting the corksport tmic cause it seems good stealthy for the price. I would luv a fmic but am worried it'll make to loud flutter noise as I wouldn't mind a little but not a lot. On a scale of 1-10 and 10 being a vl turbo or skyline. I'd like about a 3 or 4. This reason is y I've avoided getting an sri or cai cause am affraid it'll b to loud. Any info will b much appreciated and sorry if I've done this all wrong

Default Re: Will a fmic flutter on gen1 mps

Most fmic kits won't fit with standard air box

3. Default

I wasn't too sure about that, so what would I need a sri or cai for it to work? And with that said will it be a loud flutter?

You can run an aftermarket SRI and airbox with an FMIC, the airbox subdues the induction and bov noises quite a bit

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    You can run an aftermarket SRI and airbox with an FMIC, the airbox subdues the induction and bov noises quite a bit
    Really ok cause I seen the Cobb and corksport sri come with a box. Any info would b helpful as I'm real cortius as to what I do. Again is a reason y I'm going bpv instead or dual port pov. Would the corksport tmic make any noise

I run the cpe FMIC, with the Cobb SF sri and the Corksport box, and it all fits perfectly, I have also noticed that Cobb are now selling their own box for their SRI as well.

You can always buy a dual port (50/50) bov and run it in full recirc when you are being quiet, or run the 50/50 for a bit of noise if you like, they usually only take a few minutes to change modes.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    I run the cpe FMIC, with the Cobb SF sri and the Corksport box, and it all fits perfectly, I have also noticed that Cobb are now selling their own box for their SRI as well.

You can always buy a dual port (50/50) bov and run it in full recirc when you are being quiet, or run the 50/50 for a bit of noise if you like, they usually only take a few minutes to change modes.
    True I never thought of it that way, but the full recirc bpv give a bit of swoosh don't they? I have a mate who has a Mitsubishi cordia with Eco motor in it and aftermarket fmic and his is so loud even at low revs it flutters heaps I don't want that, how's yours as far as intercooler flutter?

OK, question, do you know what flutter is?

Do you want that psscht noise turbo cars make, or the noise VL's have become famous for?

Cause if it's the latter, you're basically asking us to help you ruin your turbo for the sake of noise

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post

Do you want that psscht noise turbo cars make, or the noise VL's have become famous for?

Cause if it's the latter, you're basically asking us to help you ruin your turbo for the sake of noise

No not at all!! Like I said I'm after the more stealthy look so I don't want no vl turbo noise, as far as turbo induction yes would like a bit more than I have ATM wich is pretty much stock as I only fitted a k&n panel to standar air box. I'm looking at also getting turbosmart bpv. Would appreciate ur help

Intercooler has NOTHING to do with what i think you are talking about.
    I think you are referring to the noise an after market blow off valve (BOV) makes

aftermarket air intake (pod filter) will make it loud when accelerating
    BOV will make that psssshhhhtttt noise when you get off the throttle

11. Default

As far as I understand turbo flutter isn't good for turbo as is excess compressed air going back through ur turbo?! That's wat I've read so far

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    I think you are referring to the noise an after market blow off valve (BOV) makes
    No nit the pssshhh the bov makes I'm wondering if I fit a fmic if ill get that pigeon sound but I don't want that sound so b4 I look that way I'm looking for info from people that have this done to explain how loud it is or if its there at all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMK...e_gdata_player

My Turbo, get suction noise, anti surge porting, and then bpv...

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMPS3 View Post
    No nit the pssshhh the bov makes I'm wondering if I fit a fmic if ill get that pigeon sound but I don't want that sound so b4 I look that way I'm looking for info from people that have this done to explain how loud it is or if its there at all
    Easy answer then

NO

A FMIC will not make that sound

15. Default

aftermarket air intake (pod filter) will make it loud when accelerating
    BOV will make that psssshhhhtttt noise when you get off the throttle

Ok cool cause I thought that an sri or cai make a bit of a psshhtt nois wen backing of the throttle as well

16. Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GMK...e_gdata_player

My Turbo, get suction noise, anti surge porting, and then bpv...
    Wow!! Sounds awesome!! That's what I'm after, is that the bpv sound at the end of vid?

Ok cool cause I thought that an sri or cai make a bit of a psshhtt nois wen backing of the throttle as well
    They don't "make" that sound. The sound is there, its just normally muffled by the standard air box

18. Default

They don't "make" that sound. The sound is there, its just normally muffled by the standard air box
    so if I get a sri with a box it should give me the suttle induction tone I'm after and not the loud dosing sound I don't want.
    Also looking at Cobb ap and corksport tmic, any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by ChrisMPS3; 31-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Wow!! Sounds awesome!! That's what I'm after, is that the bpv sound at the end of vid?
    That's the sound of Sam's wallet being empty

so if I get a sri with a box it should give me the suttle induction tone I'm after and not the loud dosing sound I don't want.
    Also looking at Cobb ap and corksport tmic, any thoughts on this? Mps garage seem to be the place to buy from for me as I'm in vic melbourne
    Look at forum sponsors first.
    Then wonder why the company you mention, who we should be the key market for them to advertise in, do not sponsor the forum.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast