User Tag List

Thread: Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

1. Red face Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

Hi guys
    Found this on MRT Flickr page.

Can someone please dissect this for me? It looks like Hypertech is good for a short surge and then backs off severely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6253545780_340a6306ba_b.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	285.6 KB 
ID:	12790

Abe

Default Re: Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

Hmmm, that's my old graph
    Explain more when I've got a computer in front of me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by SarcasticOne; 30-10-2012 at 05:54 PM.

3. Default Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

No worries dude thanks

Not 100% certain what happened in terms of car's behaviour (cant see boost/ignition/vvt etc) but it backs up the common theory/idea from MSF that the hypertech starts becoming a pile of shite once you do more than just an intake to your car.

Hypertech is developed to work with aftermarket intakes, but stock intercooler and down pipe, my car had both aftermarket intakes, intercooler and downpipe... So since I've done research/reading on tuning solutions and what needs to be done etc, I suspect the tune basically gave up and went "stuff this"

Other option is that the car knocked, which would cause those dips/surges

It's also the tune with standard intake, which my car didnt have... so it's not exactly a fair comparison (even if it's a true one).

There was another graph where it showed my curve just being about 5kw less than normal across the board... which is a more appropriately comparison, but sadly at the end of the day, a hypertech tune just isnt designed to work with a free flowing exhaust.
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I don't think thats fair at all.
    It says hypertech with standard intake. If that is sams graph. His car was far from standard. DP, TMIC, SRI etc
    I think it proves as sam said, it becomes a pile of shite when the car is more modified.

My car, the only mod is the hypertech, not even a SRI. As those with the HT, they know it pulls harder and longer than stock (which the graph says the opposite)
    As it appears now, the HT is a lot more aggressive than the AP and OEM ECU at low RPM. That the graph does show.

What the graph does not show is the real world.
    I'm positive, Sams car, with that tune, was not well.
    Following sam on a cruise, i had absolutely no problem keeping up with him. When overtaking, he did not pull any gap on me, definitely not what it should with all his mods at the time.
    Dads tuned Golf R played with it.

Basically i think that whole thing by MRT is a load of crap and he is only telling part of the story to help his own cause.

Default Re: Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

not a big surprise there brad

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

7. Default

Hmm fair enough. My car's the same as yours @bd581 , just the Hypertech, otherwise completely stock.

Thinking of going MRT xb power kit soon, but only if it produces a night and day difference in low/ midrange torque that I currently find is lacking with the Hypertech.

Default Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

Quote Originally Posted by akqrate View Post
    Hmm fair enough. My car's the same as yours @bd581 , just the Hypertech, otherwise completely stock.

Thinking of going MRT xb power kit soon, but only if it produces a night and day difference in low/ midrange torque that I currently find is lacking with the Hypertech.
    Hey I have the XB kit so feel free to meet for a feel.
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much is the XB kit? PM me if you don't want to throw it out here.
    Cheers

Grumpy

Tuned with
    By Alex...........

Default Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, how much is the XB kit? PM me if you don't want to throw it out here.
    Mrt advertise it for $3500 on there site but discount $500 if you package with them, best thing is to call and negotiate.

Alternatively call tunehouse and talk through the options with Jim, Tony and the boys. They are forum sponsors and their work and attention to detail are second to none.
    A good option is to source parts from overseas then get tunehouse to fit and tune.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

12. Default Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Hey rob you sold me the hypertech - haha I've been in your car. Just can't remember what other mods you had because that seemed to be way quicker than the hypertech.
    :: MAZDA3 MPS 2012 :: TUNEHOUSE SPEC C PERFORMANCE KIT ::

Lol should have read the user name sorry Abe, I've got the XB kit and corksport stage 2 intake with TIP, that's it, all other mods are handling related.

14. Default Would someone be able to dissect this dyno graph for me? Stock ECU vs Hypertech

@Robmps mate on the website they reckon if you have an aftermarket intake then they will charge you more for a tune because more time is needed. And apparently there is bugger all power benefit. I don't agree - do you think it's worth it? I'd rather the corksport than the uni filter thing they're including with the xb kit.
    Last edited by akqrate; 31-10-2012 at 04:25 PM.

@Robmps mate on the website they reckon if you have an aftermarket intake then they will charge you more for a tune because more time is needed. And apparently there is bugger all power benefit. I don't agree - do you think it's worth it? I'd rather the corksport than the uni filter thing they're including with the xb kit.
    Yeah it means they can't use their pre done tunes for their packages :-P

MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Yeah it means they can't use their pre done tunes for their packages :-P

Bing!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Mate to be honest I just told them I was keeping it for the sound, even if there was no power advantage, they had it on the dyno and tuned for it! As I said best thing to do is call and negotiate your package, talk to Brett and decide for yourself, him and I had a 2 hour conversation before I made up my mind.