User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installed Moogs end links front and rear MPS 3

Default Installed Moogs end links front and rear MPS 3

Installed some Moogs front and rear end links on the Gen1 MPS 3. Pretty straight forward install. Even though the nuts were all AF, I used metric spanners which worked fine.

The only thing I would watch out for is that the top grease nipple on the front fouls against the body. So I didnt install them and now wonder whether grease would work its way out the the hole. Without the nipples, the end link JUST clears the body and actually scraped off some of the sound deadening material. So putting in a plug of some sort wouldn't be feasible. I'm not sure if this would be a problem on other setups but I have Bilsteins, Eibach springs, caster bushes.

On a performance note, the suspension feels somewhat more solid. Don't know why that's the case. The stock end links were very easy (maybe too easy?) to maneuver, particularly the fronts. I actually changed the endlinks to see if it would resolve some unusual chassis behaviour where the rear would feel unsettled after bumps (not during). Yet to confirm if it has improved yet.

These were taken with the suspension loaded and full lock. not sure how often it would get into that situation in real life, but rather not had the link battering against the chassis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moog_1.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	138.7 KB 
ID:	12786 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moog_2.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	137.4 KB 
ID:	12787
    Last edited by lup15; 29-10-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Default Installed Moogs end links front and rear MPS 3

Sounds good I hope it resolves it keen on end links too

hey just woundering where to get the moogs endlinks from and how much arer they?

I've had mine on the rear for over a year now. Haven't had a knock since.
    Got mine from here:

RockAuto Parts Catalog

Hmmm gotta reinstall my ones

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Sounds good I hope it resolves it keen on end links too
    Same here, I keep getting a slight knock when driving over rough roads at slower speeds.
    Have been advised it ismost likely end links, so will give it a go, but I am not real sure on self install....
    All Things 2XS

i'd buy adjustable length endlinks so you can turn the ball joint housing away from the chassis. or bend the bolt tab towards the wheel more. or a + b.

update: one of the rear links is dead, knocking quite badly. diagnosed it by unlinking the end links, sound gone. swapped the links around, same link makes terrible noises...

the dead endlink was very easy to move by hand, the other one was still tight. I havne't done many Km's either, probably less than 10000

will be getting whiteline adjustable ones

Be careful with getting white line ones. Up until very recently they were selling the same rear links for Mazda 3 and MPS. Unfortunately the standard 3s have a bolt diameter of 10mm and our MPS has 12mm. This leads to much clunking. The correct white line rear sway bar link part number for the MPS is KLC185.

Thankfully they've updated their website now so the listing is correct. Don't buy any off eBay, because the listings aren't correct.

And thankfully they've been awesome in providing me with the correct parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Same here, I keep getting a slight knock when driving over rough roads at slower speeds.
    Have been advised it ismost likely end links, so will give it a go, but I am not real sure on self install....
    done them yet. i just saw your post now. if not. can do all 4 in my garage in about 30 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    done them yet. i just saw your post now. if not. can do all 4 in my garage in about 30 minutes.

Have not done yet but wanting to do this in the very near future..
    Maybe the white line are the way to go, but definitely not something I will do myself as have no place to do it and not sure I want to try myself haha

- - - Updated - - -

What are the white line end links worth does anyone know?
    All Things 2XS

$175 ish

- - - Updated - - -

find prices on there site

I'll have a search when I get home tonight, thought somebody might have known off hand.

More like $130 I think. Probably grab some too. Let me know if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski82 View Post
    Have not done yet but wanting to do this in the very near future..
    Maybe the white line are the way to go, but definitely not something I will do myself as have no place to do it and not sure I want to try myself haha

- - - Updated - - -

What are the white line end links worth does anyone know?
    Whiteline aren't the way to go, from my recent experience. No matter what setting I have them on, I have knocking going over bumps and turning corners. @Reedy has the same issue with his. I'll be swapping back to my stock links this weekend.

Might be worth trying Corksport if you don't want to go down the Moog route.

Quote Originally Posted by zacman View Post
    Whiteline aren't the way to go, from my recent experience. No matter what setting I have them on, I have knocking going over bumps and turning corners. @Reedy has the same issue with his. I'll be swapping back to my stock links this weekend.

Might be worth trying Corksport if you don't want to go down the Moog route.
    I have knock from Moog.
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Was good for a while, once it started I got under it and when u hit the sway bar with you hand you can hear them knock

anyone tried corksport ones? I put my stock ones in for now, but they have a slight knock to them. no where near as bad as the moogs though

Nolathane make universal end links. Just cut them to size, and being a threaded rod, has adjustment too.
    Had a set on mine for about 2 years and 30,000km. No problems at all.

Corksport will be my next port of call when I wear out my stock ones.

I'm still in discussions with whiteline about their links and the issues that have come with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast