User Tag List

Thread: Plasti Dip - Getdipped

Default Plasti Dip - Getdipped

So as you all know I've had my 2012 MPS since June and in the last 4 months have completed most performance mods that I wanted. So when your like me and want the next adventure what do you do? You GET DIPPED!!!

Plasti Dip is huge in the states, and on the Jap car scene...now it's available in Australia and about to go viral!!!

There are so many advantages to using Plasti Dip, it's paint that is Pealable, Flexible, Durable, Fashionable and versatile! It protects your surfaces and changes your image! Best of all even a noob like me can use it .... Sometimes or do what I did and leave it to the professionals!

Ok so enough about how much I love this product and back to my adventure! So I don't have thousands of dollars for new wheels at the moment, but really wanted to experiment and stand out from the crowd.

After lots of research and YouTube vids I found the answer.... www.getdipped.com.au
    These guys are full of class, I joined there Facebook page and was great to see they have done all there research and experimenting on their own cars... 3 sexy looking AUDI's at that. I called the number 0466 653 958 and spoke to TIM, he answered all my questions no matter how stupid they may have been and gave me some great advise on how to get the most from the Plasti Dip!

I arranged a meeting and headed on down to Castle Hill to meet Tim, Tommy and Frankie. They showed my samples, their cars and gave honest opinions from the boys that have the experience. I bought some cans $30 bargain considering 1 can per wheel was all that's needed!

Got home and decided to experiment, Bonnet Scoop!!! Masked it up and sprayed away, wow so easy and no fear of overspray, I removed the tape and it was done! Awesome!

After some thought I decided get the boys at Get Dipped to do the wheels for me, I booked in and away they went,

Removed each tyre with care, washed and prepped each wheel and got to spraying, ensuring nice even coats and a good laugh too. Their attention to detail was amazing and I was ecstatic about the result!

I can't thank Tim, Tommy and Frankie enough and will be definitely doing more hmm what next? Mirrors, rear defuser, spoiler, roof the options are endless!

I want to point out I am in no way affiliated with the boys at Get Dipped and did not know them last week, but I am a firm believer that you should let others know when things are great! I strongly recommend you give it a try for yourself.

Cheers Robmps
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351473987.121483.jpg 
Views:	332 
Size:	117.5 KB 
ID:	12774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351474023.724824.jpg 
Views:	345 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	12775Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351474043.458876.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	12776

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351474071.967194.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	156.8 KB 
ID:	12777
    Last edited by Robmps; 29-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.
    It's like a tornado, inside it's own metal house

Default Re: Plasti Dip - Getdipped

Good to see you're having fun with this stuff. I did my wheels a few months back, plus some members have done wheels and badges last year.

You've got white on the wheels. Tough colour to maintain and keep clean. Did you do a clear coat over the top?

P.s. thought you said they took your wheels off?

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Good to see you're having fun with this stuff. I did my wheels a few months back, plus some members have done wheels and badges last year.

You've got white on the wheels. Tough colour to maintain and keep clean. Did you do a clear coat over the top?

P.s. thought you said they took your wheels off?

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    So far so good, added another photo, they took my wheels off to spray them, and yes added a top coat of clear.

Does the clear coat make them easy to clean? I have done all my badges but with not clear and they arnt the easiest things to clean. But if adding a clear coat fixes that issue then I may change my mind on doing it.

cool !!! easy to remove?

Default Re: Plasti Dip - Getdipped

I have dipped 2 sets of wheels, all of my interior plastics , twice and badges more times that I care to count, never heard of the getdipped boys but wish I had as I was looking to do the whole car but it was near on impossible to get it as a kit from the US version of getdipped and couldnt be bothered to source all the different bits from here.

I am a big advocate of this stuff! I've even used it as a base coat and then used normal spray paint just to get a feel for colors ect, and if it didn't work it comes straight off even with paint on top

I did find the white tarnished after time when I had it on my wheels, but for $120 to do 4 wheels, seems like money well spent to me

Just my 2c

Raffa

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "la fortuna favorisce il coraggioso"
    CP-E TMIC, K&N typhoon SRI , COBB 2way adjustable shifter, TWM bushings, Sure AGS 212g knob, JBR 70a trilogy mounts, JBR boost tubes, Medieval 2.5" TIP, 2XS racepipe, 2XS interior light upgrade, Hypertech , RDA slotted front rotors, DGR coilovers, hotchkis RSB, Ultragauge EM, Work CE28N'S in blaze blue, D1 blue lugs

Quote Originally Posted by raffa View Post
    I have dipped 2 sets of wheels, all of my interior plastics , twice and badges more times that I care to count, never heard of the getdipped boys but wish I had as I was looking to do the whole car but it was near on impossible to get it as a kit from the US version of getdipped and couldnt be bothered to source all the different bits from here.

I am a big advocate of this stuff! I've even used it as a base coat and then used normal spray paint just to get a feel for colors ect, and if it didn't work it comes straight off even with paint on top

I did find the white tarnished after time when I had it on my wheels, but for $120 to do 4 wheels, seems like money well spent to me

Just my 2c

Raffa

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    ^^ exactly my point, easy to use, peels off if no longer needed and its cheep

Hey..how durable is this stuff ? Like on wheels ?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Hey..how durable is this stuff ? Like on wheels ?
    Heaps of videos on you tube of guys 6-12months later still looks good even after pressure washes etc.

This looks very nice...cheaper alternative at the moment to very expensive new rims

This looks very nice...cheaper alternative at the moment to very expensive new rims
    Are you coming on the cruise? Ill show you then.

Missed the post? Work is hectic at the moment till end of nov. when is the cruise?

Missed the post? Work is hectic at the moment till end of nov. when is the cruise?
    Next Sunday 4th nov, it's SAMs post I don't know how to attach the link but if you look under NSW club meets etc it will be there.

Here's an oldie but a goodie. Thanks to @rogwick.

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/off-t...tml#post209446

15. Default

If you clean it correctly you will have no issues. I've personally used Armorall Wheel cleaner, spray it on wait about 1-2mins and then hose it off before i get a sponge and soapy water and clean all the excess off. White is a bit harder to keep clean but once it actually starts to change colour, just peal it off and spray on a new colour.

Thanks for this. I was looking around at getting my wheels done so now I have somewhere to take them. Will be calling them and seeing what they say.

Plasti dip is good to see what colour suits ur car and the paint the wheels urself... thats what im doin tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

I saw cans of this stuff In a autobarn catalogue today wasn't too sure how it would go, But after hearing good things about it ill give it ago, Sure beats spending $100-$150 per wheel

Ive seen it on a friends mazda 3 he sprayed his black with white dots, Looks amazing