User Tag List

Thread: Turbo Subaru BRZ

Default Turbo Subaru BRZ

Turbo BRZ? Wow that'd be a helluva car to drive

Subaru BRZ turbo by 2014?

Hell yeah

Default Re: Turbo Subaru BRZ

Check out the castle hill one, they used a eflex sensor from a commodore to automatically alter the tune for e85!
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...eJxTpp21VZAt3w

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

very much interested...

With the turbo charged motor option, I have a feeling that would be a great selling RWD sports car. I'd figure out how to buy one. lol.

Default Turbo Subaru BRZ

Yea Toyota really need to do this, I've driven a few both auto and manual and they r just boring. There is just no "fun" in it. Don't get me wrong they a quick for what they are and they would be good at the track but unless u live at the track day to day driving is not exhilarating. It's kinda like driving a vtec Honda but with no vtec kicking in would be the best way to explain the power delivery.

Still take my MPS 6 any day of the week over this. that 200kw is probs at the engine anyway so will loose some by the time it gets to the wheels. Think this car is way overated the turbo makes it a little better. Having said that they look pretty sweet on the road. I think an RX8 looks better than these things though. Its too bad they were never turboed.

8. Default

Toyota deliberately didn't sell a "performance" model of the 86. They designed the car to be cheap and accessible to the masses so they could go and bolt on any number of mods that are available for the Subaru boxer engines. Either buy a 45-50k car from the beginning, or purchase a 30k car, drive it, then bolt on mods to your liking. Great marketing!

I read somewhere that there us a supercharged 86 in the works from Toyota to combat the turbo sti brz... Apparently both due out around the same time

So I guess its choose you badge and choose your charger ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

TRD have been threatening for a while to release a SC kit for the 86......... threatening........

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    TRD have been threatening for a while to release a SC kit for the 86......... threatening........
    Perrin is working on one, 5psi got them from 170whp to 240whp with no tuning

Torque just kept going up!

SC kit is the way to go for driveability IMO...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

These cars just keep getting more tempting, I do think the Toyota 86 is better priced, but the STI parts to me are alot more appealing. Solution: Buy the 86 and buy STI parts for it haha. And for sure would go supercharger for the added usable torque range.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Still take my MPS 6 any day of the week over this. that 200kw is probs at the engine anyway so will loose some by the time it gets to the wheels. Think this car is way overated the turbo makes it a little better. Having said that they look pretty sweet on the road. I think an RX8 looks better than these things though. Its too bad they were never turboed.
    although I havent driven either the MPS 6 or the 86/BRZ, the fact the the 86/BRZ was made from factory to be a sports car will already give it a huge advantage over the MPS 6 (and 3) in terms of chassis development. Its not just about power, these cars are light and responsive. being RWD will also give it the fun factor which the RX8 lacks. driver immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by camerongb View Post
    These cars just keep getting more tempting, I do think the Toyota 86 is better priced, but the STI parts to me are alot more appealing. Solution: Buy the 86 and buy STI parts for it haha. And for sure would go supercharger for the added usable torque range.
    The 86 is better priced for a reason. It doesn't look as tidy (due to terrible wheel and front bumper choices) plus you get the Toyota Corolla interior. The BRZ is streets ahead in interior comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    although I havent driven either the MPS 6 or the 86/BRZ, the fact the the 86/BRZ was made from factory to be a sports car will already give it a huge advantage over the MPS 6 (and 3) in terms of chassis development. Its not just about power, these cars are light and responsive. being RWD will also give it the fun factor which the RX8 lacks. driver immersion.
    Huh? The RX-8 is also RWD?
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Default Turbo Subaru BRZ

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    Yeah I alway felt that 190kw and nearly 400nm of torque was never fun enough in the 3 MPS lol jks

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Speed3 View Post
    which the RX8 lacks