User Tag List

Thread: Clutch Slipped

Default Clutch Slipped

Hey Guys & Gals
    Hoping i can get a diagnosis, was just driving along the motorway at around 110kph and have changeed down from 5th to 4th and accelorated at a usual speed but felt like the clutch was still engaged, so slowed a little more the dropped into 3rd and it carried on as normal but right afterwards there's the horrible burnt clutch smell . Smell went away resonably quick and drove around a little long in all gears with seemingly no problem.

Any help shedding some light on this would be greatly received....

clutch slipping = foot off pedal, revs go up, speed doesnt increase

yes Sam that's basically it

So does this mean my clutch is on the way out? How much $$ pain will that equate to

I thought my did the same thing but i couldnt smell the clutch, has not done it since.. whats the chance of oil from rear seal?? I got a slipping clutch tryn a 3rd gear burnout

Haha, i could attempt 3rd gear burn-out, equipment is capable i think but the operator ain't...as boring as it sounds i was driving pretty much like a granny...

7. Default

If you can smell the clutch burning its on its way out.
    If it is on its way out you will find that it starts to slip more often and more easily.

Depending on how you drive it may last a few more weeks or a few more months so if it is slipping then time to start looking at pricing for replacement

Quote Originally Posted by discodave View Post
    If you can smell the clutch burning its on its way out.
    If it is on its way out you will find that it starts to slip more often and more easily.

Depending on how you drive it may last a few more weeks or a few more months so if it is slipping then time to start looking at pricing for replacement
    Thanks mate but weirdly it never happened again and clutch feels normal 6 months on...I might get it checked at my next service though just to be sure
    2XS RACING $ CORKSPORT $ MAGNAFLOW $ ​UNSURE MOTORSPORTS $ COBB $ INJEN $ FULCRUM $ FEDERAL TYRES $ VISUAL GARAGE $ ADVANCED PERFORMANCE CENTRE $ B C M $ NGK $ STRATIFIED $ AUTOTECH $ DBA $ REMSA $ DGR $ MORIMOTO $ JBR $ FUSION

After my 3rd gear burnout slippy clutch, ITS WORKING BETTER THAN EVER

If it makes you feel better, i smoked my clutch badly at the drags 3 years ago,
    stunk for a couple of days. It's still working fine.
    Cheers Todd

That does make me feel better Todd we talking your 6 or the FD?

The 6, put on another 60,000kms since the slip, stinks every now and then but all good

A very expensive fix, clutch can be around $1000 and the MPS duel mass flywheel can't be machined so around $600 for new one plus labour