User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear RichTune Diary...

Default Dear RichTune Diary...

Dear RichTune Diary

This is the first time I've done this type of thing.........but I want to tell you about this girl...........

Enough of this diary lets get onto it

The beginning
    I was ready to sell up and look at another car, but didnt really want to start paying off another one so here we are.

Have put most of my mods I had left back on and bought a few more - lucky it was when the AP became available for the AU MPS so had to get one of those.

Read a bit on MSF and wanted to get back into the 200 club (when I had a standback2) so sent @richierichness @ RichTune an email to see if he had a waiting list and have a feel for him. Less than an hour I got a reply back and from there, it was quick replies and my decision was made - didn't even try the other e-tuners out there.

It was time to pull the trigger and go for an e-tune after installing a JBR Widepath, although the other e-tuners at MSF look impressive, it was the quick replies I got when dealing with RichTune that won me

Filled out the form on RichTune.org and had a reply back the next day with Rich saying @Dantes5823 would be my tuner and if I was happy with that........I was happy after I did a quick e-stalk on MSF to check he was legit

Logs:
    Being a noob I wasn't sure how to "log" although it seems pretty simple I like to understand as much before committing, so the first logs weren't the best but Jon gave me some pointers and hopefully I'm doing him proud - now I'm logging away and maybe providing too much but meh. The hardest thing now is finding a good enough stretch to get logs.
    I turn around logs quick so I don't waste both of our times - so I wake up to a new map and run it in on the way to work and home - then log that night.

Maps:
    I am up to my 3rd revision of ironing out AFR and doing a general check of the car. So now we move onto making power for the next maps. I have'nt had any pressure from Jon to hurry up or slow down and he's helped when I was mid way through HPFP internals install and wanting to confirm some bits - the MAN. I'm looking at doing a 98 and an e85 map as I have plenty of E85 stations around me.

Impressions:
    Very professional and always quick to reply. If I didnt get this, then I would have stopped as I want service and rather keep my car slow then waiting and not knowing whats happening. Answers all my questions honestly and doesn't make me feel stupid haha so I highly recommend RichTune and doing an e-tune. I did have my doubts with sending logs and waiting for something back but with the many email's before we even started I was more than comfortable to start.
    I recommend having all your mods in and car running well, I was a bit last minute with installing my internals after my 2nd map revision which could have put a stop to it all if I f'd it up - so its better for both you and tuner that your "finished" the mods.

To be continued.................................... I'll keep updating this thread....

And some pics to soften up all this text

And just to prove to me some more - here is Jon's ride tuned by the man himself
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIZIVfWVu5k&feature=plcp

[OVERVIEW]
    06 Gen 1 MPS Sport Pack
    Mods:
    Cobb AP - v230 Stage 1 Stock Map
    Autotech FP internals
    Corksport Dump pipe and Catback - Stock Midpipe and Cat still in
    JBR 3.5" Full intake
    HTP Battery Tray with Century NS60LS Battery
    Forge BPV v1 - Blue spring 1 Shim
    Denso ITV22 - were replaced near the end of 98 map with another set of Denso ITV22
    PG FMIC pipes, JDM Sport Core
    TWM Short Shifter and Bushes
    PG Shift Weight
    JBR Heavy Shift knob
    JBR 88 Trilogy engine mounts
    JBR Rear Sway Bar (stiffest setting)
    Yellowspeed Coilovers
    Centric Slotted and Drilled rotors
    Hawk HP+ pads all round
    RX8 Gen 1 wheels with 235/40/18 Federal SS
    JBR EGR Delete
    JBR Coolant Bypass
    Spin on oil filter conversion + Fumoto drain plug

[MAPS]
    First 3 revisions to get my MAF calibrated, especially with 3.5" MAF

BP 98 - complete

United E85 - complete 12L e85, remainder United 100

[TUNER]
    RichTune - Dantes5823

[THE END]

JDMST Dyno Day Hosted at RTR on 25 Nov 2012, 30+ temps - run1: 196kw run2: 198kw run3: 194kw e85 Map

Last edited by KRNAGE; 25-11-2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

Looking forward to further updates!

ive found my experience getting an e-tune to be very rewarding, hope you have the same (albeit with less issues than mine, but staying on stock turbo should help )

4. Default Re: Dear RichTune Diary...

Soo about that girl..... Haha

Thanks for the awesome words bud! Now that you got your internals installed we can get cracking. I'm off to class now but once i get home I'll send you a map. You should definitely feel a big difference from this next revision.

Default Re: Dear RichTune Diary...

Good to hear. I've send through my form, I just need to log now and we're away.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    ive found my experience getting an e-tune to be very rewarding, hope you have the same (albeit with less issues than mine, but staying on stock turbo should help )
    Later on I plan BT but haven't needed to use the smoking Turbo excuse to her yet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

Thanks for this, Rich you might be tuning a 6 very soon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes5823 View Post
    Thanks for the awesome words bud! Now that you got your internals installed we can get cracking. I'm off to class now but once i get home I'll send you a map. You should definitely feel a big difference from this next revision.
    Am sure you've done more, but even a simple 1-2* of timing increase over OTS makes a noticeable amount of difference in the bum dyno feel
    Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    Later on I plan BT but haven't needed to use the smoking Turbo excuse to her yet

YET
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

I'm really interested, but will have get Fuel Pump upgrade first I'm guessing

Guess ill think about it for next year

Peter "SLIXX"

in on this starting my etune from rich as soon as i get my mps back from smash repairs

ive just got my 5th map revision - quick turn around, good conversation, good times

12. Default

Thats for starting this diary Cain. You da man!

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Thanks for this, Rich you might be tuning a 6 very soon :P
    Whenever your ready dude we can get started. Just visit www.RichTune.org and read up. Fill out and submit the RichTune request form when your ready to start.

We are working on getting vendor status now...just waiting for mods to email me an invoice.
    Cobb AP w/RichTune | NATOR D.C. FMIC | 3" ATP MAF | Autotech HPFP internals | HKS SSQV2 | Ebay DP | Mazdaspeed SRI | PG TIP | Denso ITV22 | PTP Intake Gasket | Prosport OCC | Prosport Gauges | TWM Bushings | NATOR D.C. SS | SU RMM | CP-e RDM | Whiteline RSB | Megan Springs w/Drag Bags | AutoExe Strut Tower Bar
    Worlds fastest stock tubro MPS
    12.263 @ 112 mph 1.669 60'
    243 kW 538 Nm

Rowan @armthehomeless is probably too busy cruising around on his new triple

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

So we are getting close to finalising my 98 map and I've only really now started to drive the car rather than "log" the car.
    Its feeling smooth, eager and fast! I wish i had a track day to unleash it but that looks like next year at this stage.

Nothing more to say as I send logs, I get a map back the next day (for me) if not within a few hours like our recent map revision. So I've had no issues, it just works

15. Default

how much difference are you noticing over OTS maps?

I only ran a stage 1 standard intake map as I didnt have my internals installed - so its hard to say as obviously its much better now. Another reason I ran just a stock map was I had the jbr 3.5" full intake and my math ain't good enough to figure different sizes to change my maf tables.

I did need a maf calibration really bad when we started and we got that sorted quickly.

17. Default

Well for those waiting for an update to his progress, it will be a few more days before I can get him a new revision. This hurricane has done a number to the east coast of the US. Im pretty much stock at the gf house with none of my tuner computers. Ill be sure to get him a map as soon as i get back and have power to email maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantes5823 View Post
    Well for those waiting for an update to his progress, it will be a few more days before I can get him a new revision. This hurricane has done a number to the east coast of the US. Im pretty much stock at the gf house with none of my tuner computers. Ill be sure to get him a map as soon as i get back and have power to email maps.
    Sorry to hear mate.
    Plenty of thoughts go out from us down here!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

As discussed with Dantes5823, im in no rush and we've chatted about this already, so even with his limited power and mobile coverage he's stil keeping in touch with me.

So this has been the only pause we've had and it was because of Hurricane Sandy..............woman, always find a way to stop our fun

20. Default Re: Dear RichTune Diary...

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    As discussed with Dantes5823, im in no rush and we've chatted about this already, so even with his limited power and mobile coverage he's stil keeping in touch with me.

So this has been the only pause we've had and it was because of Hurricane Sandy..............woman, always find a way to stop our fun
    Haha wet and wild at first and always screw you at the end.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast