User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dear RichTune Diary...

back in the game.........well depends if the second wave storm has damaged @Dantes5823

Another map has been sent through yesterday and ive just sent logs through.....

Who's upgraded there clutch and what have you used?........

Ok back in the game Part II

After logging on my recent map, i was getting some high knock readings.....oh no
    Altered map that afternoon and went out to log again...........oh no its still there so its now time to check over the car

Pulled the spark plugs and they didn't look healthy at all so I had to get hunting for some plugs.
    Checking gaps they were all around .31 and 2 and 3 looked really bad with white tips

Shout out to @MPSed for hooking a brother up the next day with a set of Denso ITV22's, which is what I was running.
    So in they go and its log time again.
    No where near the knock im getting now, so will see if that's acceptable or not. Also stiffened up my front coils so its a bit of a harsh ride now, so maybe one click softer should be right. Or maybe I got a slightly lower batch of BP 98 :shrugs:
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

What sort of Knock ratings were you getting?

Yeah BP has gone down hill recently, more so then any other 98

Was getting upwards of 5-6 knock but it had knock pretty much all the way through the rpm band (not that I feel it, so only by reviewing the logs after)

My recent set of logs ive got a bit of knock appearing every so often, so not consistent but only at 1 maybe 2 max. AP wasn't showing this as I had it set to this view so I could back off or not - not once did it register on there. Again after reading my logs thats where I saw it. So i may need to adjust my gaps from .28 to .26 but will see how John reads my logs
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 14-11-2012 at 01:44 PM.
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

5. Default Dear RichTune Diary...

John may need to pull a lil timing if your plugs don't help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

243kw and 538Nm is amazing for stock turbo! Guys here doing BT builds and getting same power! Cobb Ap too!

? huh ?

....ok so 98 map is done and today i should be tasting some e85, then we can see what i can get

but my clutch is calling for help once I've done a few logs

How's the drive like with the finish map vs OTS?

ive only had an OTS Stage 1 Stock map previously, when I tried Stage 1 v231 map my car didnt run so well and almost stalled when shifting from 3rd to 4th. So I flashed back to a v230 Stage1 (no mods) map as I have the JBR intake.
    So I can't really compare as its totally different now but it almost, ALMOST scares me now - but I'm trying to decide BT or replace car later - essentially BT is cheaper than me wanting a new toy......which then I'll mod and the cycle continues.
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 20-11-2012 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    ive only had an OTS Stage 1 Stock map previously, when I tried Stage 1 v231 map my car didnt run so well and almost stalled when shifting from 3rd to 4th. So I flashed back to a v230 Stage1 (no mods) map as I have the JBR intake.
    So I can't really compare as its totally different now but it almost, ALMOST scares me now - but I'm trying to decide BT or replace car later - essentially BT is cheaper than me wanting a new toy......which then I'll mod and the cycle continues.
    Hmmm
    I upgraded to v231 and it didn't seem to make much of a difference to me
    Might go back to v230 and see if changes

Stage 1 Sure Intake + TIP

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Pete did you ever get the air fuel ratios checked?

Default Dear RichTune Diary...

Quote Originally Posted by PremHK View Post
    Pete did you ever get the air fuel ratios checked?
    Air fuel ratios?? Huh??
    Checked? By whom?

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 20-11-2012 at 03:11 PM.

what are final figures dude ? kw/tq

Default Re: Dear RichTune Diary...

Working on e85 map now so told Jon to send results through later.

12litres e85 in, no 98 on my pump so 100 went in we shall see. I had just under quarter of BP98 also

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 20-11-2012 at 07:34 PM.

RichTune completed - what has been a fun filled adventure, has come to an end

After a few set backs that couldn't be avoided, we got my 98 map and e85 map done. I'll hit the dyno and post figures but it will be for my e85 map and in the end its just numbers but its nice if they were high haha

Car feels great and pulls hard and safer now that ive got a MAF Cal.
    I've gone through a set of spark plugs (Denso ITV22's) and my clutch isn't happy once its had a few WOT runs

E-Tune wont be for everyone, more so trying to get logs but if you can its worth doing.

Thanks again @Dantes5823 for the etune. We have been in constant contact and has always answered my questions.

Thanks @richierichness for running a quality e-tune service

Ill update here with my dyno sheet from RTR
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

keen to see results of first e85'ed k04 locally
    im loving my car on the stuff...

Default Re: Dear RichTune Diary...

So.....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

haven't got a print out yet but will get that in a few days when I touch base with RTR.

but best run from 3 was 198kw on a mainline dyno with 30+ temps

First Run: 196kw heaps of wheel spin on the dyno, tyres were deflated to try and get some traction
    Second Run: 198kw still LOTS of wheel spin, left tyres as is as only one more run
    Third Run: 194kw

e85 Map run, 12litres e85, remainder 100 (as 98 pump isn't on the same pumps but 100 is)
    Last edited by KRNAGE; 24-11-2012 at 03:36 PM.
    Former 06 Black MPS3

EXE-Crew

Quote Originally Posted by KRNAGE View Post
    haven't got a print out yet but will get that in a few days when I touch base with RTR.

but best run from 3 was 198kw on a mainline dyno with 30+ temps

First Run: 196kw heaps of wheel spin on the dyno, tyres were deflated to try and get some traction
    Second Run: 198kw still LOTS of wheel spin, left tyres as is as only one more run
    Third Run: 194kw

e85 Map run, 12litres e85, remainder 100 (as 98 pump isn't on the same pumps but 100 is)
    Considering it was a low reading dyno, you would be probably be on about 210-215kW on any other dyno, which is awesome
    Hub Dyno (MRT & Tunehouse) looking at higher again, maybe 225-235kW IMO

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

yeah im happy with the figure as i needed to see what i was running straight after my etune. Sad I missed 200 by so close but its ok - must mean I need to mod more lol

car will stay as is for some time

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast