User Tag List

Thread: Dan's Garage - 2009 BMW Z4 Roadster - Silver

Default Dan's Garage - 2009 BMW Z4 Roadster - Silver

2009 BMW Z4 Roadster in for a correction and Opti-Coat

Aftermarket quad-pipe exhaust gave the straight six a magnificent burble on idle and an even better howl on full throttle.

Scratch on fuel filler door

Gloss black A pillars that had seen better days

Polish staining on rubbers

Grime caught in crevices

Lots of dirt under the wheel arches

Wheels lost their lustre

Tar on lower sills

Chemical decontamination

Brushwork in the intricate areas

and also behind the license plates

Post-clay inspection. Light but consistent swirling across the car

A better look at that scratch on the fuel filler door

and those gloss black A pillars

The pillars allowed me to try the rotary extension bit I had recently purchased

It worked quite well, allowing me to work without risk of fouling against the rear view mirror.

50/50 of pillar after two passes

Completed pillar

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Paint post-correction

Fuel filler door corrected. The scratch couldn't be completely removed but it minimised so as to be barely seen

Tail lights - Before

After

Opti-Coat applied

License plates separated from housings, cleaned and re-installed

- - - Updated - - -

Some final outdoor shots

Time Taken - 17hrs

Thanks for looking

Dan
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

As usual Dan
    Great work

Peter "SLIXX"

Thanks Pete

seriously love these threads, i wish my car could get this treatment.. its like swirl city on every panel

Default Re: Dan's Garage - 2009 BMW Z4 Roadster - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    As usual Dan
    Great work

Peter "SLIXX"
    ^^ This.

That 50/50 shot of the A pillar is my favourite. The difference is incredible!

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Thanks Guys

Quote Originally Posted by raymondato View Post
    seriously love these threads, i wish my car could get this treatment.. its like swirl city on every panel
    Thanks Ray. I'm glad to hear some people are still enjoying these. I know many of them aren't MPS related but I've been putting the more interesting ones up because I thought people might enjoy seeing some cool cars being restored back to shiny-new (or as close as I can get them).

Lately though I've been pondering whether I stop posting non-MPS details as I wasn't sure whether people were just posting replies out of courtesy, or whether there was actual genuine interest in these threads. So it's good to hear there's active interest

They're definitely good keep it up mate. I always think to myself man I wish u were in Sydney

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Definitely keep them going mate! It's interesting to see what you have to do on different surfaces/paint types.

Keep up the good work!

+1 to keep posting them
    Those of us who appreciate clean cars and the effort you've gone to will look at these threads, every one else can just bugger off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yeah awsome work as always Dan, such attention to detail. Anyone's whose had the pleasure of your time must count them self very lucky! NOW COME TO BRISBANE

Quote Originally Posted by turkminator View Post
    They're definitely good keep it up mate. I always think to myself man I wish u were in Sydney

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
    Ya same !!!

Def's keep it up! And come to Brisi for sure!!! Group buy/lease Dan by the hour? lol...

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks everyone. I'll keep them coming then

I have some pretty cool ones coming up over the next month or two, so hopefully they're entertaining for you all

Damn, you got talent! I also love looking at these threads and only dream of being as good a detailer as you one day. Any plans to come to sydney? How do I go about doing some training with you or come up for a weekend lol?

Thanks Mate

If you're serious about wanting to learn more, you can sign up to Detail Paradise (Detail Paradise - Australian Detailing Forum & Community). We have a small but helpful community. Also we have sponsors that run detailing courses from time to time, one of whom is based in Sydney

Doing a day course with Car Care products in December which im looking forward to and hoping to learn abit there. I am a member on that forum, haven't looked around to much on it yet though

Yep they were who I was thinking of.

Great work Dan. My favorite is thr improvement in the plastics. Night and Day difference. Same tool?

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Great work Dan. My favorite is thr improvement in the plastics. Night and Day difference. Same tool?

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    Thanks Mate

The A pillar you mean?

It was painted and clear-coated, so I was able to correct it like the rest of the car. Needed a finer jewelling-quality polish though (super secret one I get from the UK )