User Tag List

Thread: Whiteline Front Swaybar.

Default Whiteline Front Swaybar.

I was fiddling around looking for a front end rattle yesterday and jacked the front up to look for something loose with the front suspension unloaded and noticed this:

When the car is on the ground there isn't any contact, its only when the suspension is unloaded or has 1 wheel off the ground.

Now I dont know about you, but I am not the biggest fan of having the corner of my swaybar act as a bump stop on my suspension arm. Is this something that I can eliminate with a set of adjustable endlinks? There is a finite amount of space in there so a shorter endlink might fix this problem but could well introduce another.
    Last edited by Reedy; 22-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Simple answer yes .....

@Justin i think i sold hime my old links. He may still have them

I've already ordered a set. Front and rear adjustable incoming.

Final part of full adjustment nice Reedy

that lower ball is twisted at angles that aren't really suited to long wearing life. hope you orders spherifcial ball type.

also, have you got both wheel in the air, or just one? if the other is on the ground, then it's nothing too worry about. as you are now working with suspension geometry angles that wouldn't be present driving on regular flat ground/roads.
    Last edited by projectrracing; 21-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.

It does it with one or both front wheels off the ground. I know the angles they sit at aren't ideal, I was always going to replace them with better suited ones but was happy to wait until they wore before doing that. In this case my hand has been forced, it's conceivable that the sharp edge of the swaybar will act as a bump stop on the suspension arm and that would start damaging things for sure.