User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car feels slow after Cobb AP flash

Started playing with ATR and really starting to like how powerful and customisable it is.

Modified idle RPM and will try flash it later today, but have also started looking at how to increase response/boost levels at lower throttle positions (http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/ecu-m...tml#post229489). There's a lot to learn so maybe I'll hold off on those changes until I get more familiar.

Also found some interesting reading, however I'm not sure if the info is applicable or outdated given there has been a tonne of maps revisions since these posts Fixing Jerky Throttle Response with ATR - Mazdaspeed Forums
    BLACK3MPS
    CORKSPORT|TMIC // SURE|AEROS // SURE|SIDEWINDER // SURE|RETURN // SURE|SHORTCUT // SURE|ANCHORS // SURE|COUNTERSHIFT // SURE|TORQ R3 // WHITELINE|RSB // MOOG|ENDLINKS // COBB|ACCESSPORT // CP-E|DOWNPIPE // AUTOTECH|INTERNALS

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Did all the above today, and took it for another drive tonight. Not sure if any of that made a difference but after also adjusting my driving according to COBB tunes I am pretty sure that my car is working the way it should be now. I think that coming from Hypertech I was unaware of the difference in terms of smoother (and later) power delivery but after doing some logs, it appears that I am hitting the boost target and fuel pressure seems to be holding up well at the moment, but unsure if all other log parameters are what they should be, so just a quick thanks for all the help and recommendations all though!

I have 2 questions though;

1. What are the AFR's supposed to be normally and when on boost? Mine seem to hover around 11~ when on boost.
    2. Has anyone tried to modify their idle rpm? I had mine on +200 on the Hypertech and was hoping to replicate that on the AP. I've found a guide and will give it a go soon.

Edit ----------------------
    Found answer to question 1 in the COBB AP FAQ! lol
    I think from memory ...11.5 is about middle of the road on boost. 12 is running towards lean and 10 towards rich.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    You have to baby it for the first 50km or so... and by baby it i mean dont lead foot so the ECU remains in closed loop operation (fueling targets based on O2 sensor and MAF sensor). That will give the ECU to learn long term fuel trims. Once they settle (day or 2) the tune will feel much better, especially when you transition to Open loop operation (fuelling targets based on ECU tables and MAF sensor, no O2 sensor input).

IT all hinges on Long Term Fuel Trims.

If it doesnt settle in a few days I'd do a log on the AP and post them up.

I recently installed mine and had to do the same. Now i get lots of wheelspin in 2nd gear!!
    Old post but - I used the search button!

@allo80 Ha, this is good to know!

Ive been Mr Lead foot since putting mine in! i will confirm if this makes it better for me as well.
    Last edited by dropped; 22-08-2014 at 07:00 AM.

4. Default

Ok after 50-70 Kms the car is so much faster. More responsive too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12