User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

Default Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

Hey guys ive been looking into the visual garage ones and almost bought one but then thought mayby I could buy one threw mazda instead!

Cheers mitch

I actually enquired about this when I dropped my car off once. Checked with spare parts and it's apparently a different antenna base on the CX-5.

Not sure about the new series MPS ones and whether they use a compatible base.

Ah damn, mmmm I might call them and find out about the mps one

Let us know the results!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    I actually enquired about this when I dropped my car off once. Checked with spare parts and it's apparently a different antenna base on the CX-5.

Not sure about the new series MPS ones and whether they use a compatible base.
    I was actually told that they are the same. Been quoted just under $300 supply and fitted by parts department of a certain dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by nUmBa10 View Post
    I was actually told that they are the same. Been quoted just under $300 supply and fitted by parts department of a certain dealership.
    Is that the CX-5 one or the new Gen 2 one?

Which dealer as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    Is that the CX-5 one or the new Gen 2 one?

Which dealer as well?
    Well I was told CX5 and new gen 2 both use the same shark fin. Not completely sure about naming dealerships? is that against forum policy at all?

Quote Originally Posted by nUmBa10 View Post
    Well I was told CX5 and new gen 2 both use the same shark fin. Not completely sure about naming dealerships? is that against forum policy at all?
    Ah interesting...

Shoot me a PM?

I was told CX-5 will not fit due to different mounting on the Gen 2, although the new fin on the Gen 2 can go on. Haven't got a price as yet but will when i go for next service

Default Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

I would assume there would be some aftermarket option?

Peter "SLIXX"

I got mine from Vary Garage ages ago

VG Shark Fin Antenna - Order Now! , only $US87 shipped which includes painting

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrelli View Post
    I got mine from Vary Garage ages ago

VG Shark Fin Antenna - Order Now! , only $US87 shipped which includes painting
    I had a look. I'm guessing the Gen I fits the GenII. It only goes up to 2009

Easy to fit??

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Score!!

Peter "SLIXX"
    Beats paying $300 to mazda!

Fitting is easy as. Shouldn’t take more than 10min. Hardest part is making sure its aligned properly.
    My FM reception works fine too.

I'm interested in getting one of these from VG too. Mazda parts are just so expensive in comparison, and I've seen the VG ones on a couple of Gen2's, they look nice!

FYI, if you're unsure of your paint code, look here: http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/gener...s-3-6-mps.html

As already stated, very easy to fit. My FM reception is good also.

Its a fiberglass shell with antenna PCB. The small cable is already attachrd to the PCB, all you need to do is screw it to the Antenna base plate where the stubb antenna used to go.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

I've ordered one for shits and giggles

Hehe me too!
    Damn they do discounts on 5 purchases or more. Should have tried to do a bulk deal

Peter "SLIXX"
    Last edited by slixx; 22-10-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I've ordered one for shits and giggles
    Dan did you did you find ur colour?
    I've enquirer and sent photos as they don't list GenIIs

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Yours is 16W mate (Black Mica).

They do list them, but some are listed in Mazda3 (2009), and some are in Mazdaspeed3 (2009)

Yours is in both from memory.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast