User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

There's not a lot to them mate. They come with full instructions

The stock antenna screws off. The shark fin comes with it's own screw and washer

Use some prepsol or similar wax and grease remover to wipe around the base of the antenna roughly where the shark fin will stick to the roof. Make sure the area is free of dirt and waxes etc that can hamper the shark fin adhering to the roof

Use a screwdriver to attach the shark fin antenna. Don't remove the paper from the double sided tape yet. Place the shark fin on the roof and work on positioning it so it's centered. It's easier if you have two people here but it can be done with one person.

Make small adjustments on the aharkfin position until you're happy it's centered on the roof. Use masking tapeto mark the position of the shark fin without disturbing it

Once marked you can lift up the shark fin, remove the paper from the double sided tape and carefully replace the shark fin using your tape markers as a guide.

I've found holding it on an angle and placing the rear of the shark fin on the roof first lightly allows you to make small adjustments without the fin being too stuck to the paint.

Once you're happy, lower the front so it's just lightly resting on the paint and double check your placement.

If you're happy, then push down and hold it for about a min to let it bond

Done. Stand back and admire your handiwork

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Default Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

Can I nick name you "THE MASTER" that was a very detailed, quick response! Thanks!

Lol no probs

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Cx5 sharkfin possibly fitting on gen 2? Or the new gen 2 one available through mazda?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    No worries Jody.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    Hi Brad I have got my new fin when can you fit it

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Hey Jody. Next weekend I guess? Meet somewhere for a coffee?
    @MPSBNE and @MUZZA wanna come along?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Hey Jody. Next weekend I guess? Meet somewhere for a coffee?
    @MPSBNE and @MUZZA wanna come along?

Next weekend is our cruise isn't it??

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....
    Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234