User Tag List

Thread: Gen1 MPS 3 - Blue box behind glove box and why is mine unplugged!

Default Gen1 MPS 3 - Blue box behind glove box and why is mine unplugged!

so I had to remove my glove box to fiddle with some wiring and noticed that the plug that goes into this mysterious blue box was unplugged!

everything works fine on the car (that I know of...) but was wondering if anyone knew what it does? I'm assuming it should be plugged in but hesitant in case my car blows up or something. why fix when it aint broke right? lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0231.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	299.0 KB 
ID:	12690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0232.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	12691

Airbag g sensor. Worrying that it was unplugged.

wow, its surprising that the car diagnostics didnt through any error codes... guess I'll plug it back in!

Hmm.. someone out to kill you?

Check your Brake Lines!

ok so I plugged it in and a new dash light starts to blink. the head light auto leveler malfunction.

now I am becoming very cynical here, but I think mazda may have unplugged this as they didnt want to fix anything while the car was under warranty...

I always wondered why I never saw the head light auto level, guess I know why. gonna ask mazda to check it out next service and no doubt, they will ask ludacris amounts of money to fix any problem

edit: after reading the manual it adds further to my suspicion as since day one, this light never illuminated. it should stay on for a few seconds during ignition while the headlights auto level. hmmm
    Last edited by lup15; 18-10-2012 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: Gen1 MPS 3 - Blue box behind glove box and why is mine unplugged!

This is what you call a dodgy mechanics. I know for a fact some of them even just takes the globes off the engine check lights to fix the so called problems

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2

indeed and the more I think about it, the more it frustrates me. wish I hadn't discovered it

9. Default

Globes out of the dash is impossible unless you have a soldering iron, LED's i am afraid

Default Re: Gen1 MPS 3 - Blue box behind glove box and why is mine unplugged!

Not every car out there uses leds in the dashboards

Sent From A Galaxy2. IPhone Sucks. Using Tapatalk2