User Tag List

Thread: Noise around belt area

Default Noise around belt area

Hi guys,

I have a weird noise around the belt area, I have just put a new belt on and tensioner pulley to see if it was that and no difference, I have an idler pulley as well but can't get it on at the moment, the bolt is tight as all hell and its mostly stripped :/
    It is coming from towards the front of the belt area, near the water pump pulley by the sounds of it, I don't know if this is normal or not?
    Any ideas?

6 belt noise - YouTube

Daz
    Last edited by dazza; 16-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

mine has this noise im changing the power steering pump and water pump next as the tensioners didnt fix it

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    mine has this noise im changing the power steering pump and water pump next as the tensioners didnt fix it
    Excellent, please let me know if it fixes that stupid noise! Its definately coming from around water/power steering pump area..
    Last edited by dazza; 18-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

i found a part of my noise haha, was an injector seal that had blown out causing combustion gas to escape and hiss, there was also a lot of crap built up on the drive belt pulleys that added to the hiss.

Anyway i got my new head on, injector seals etc, but i still think the power steering pump or the water pump could be playing a part too
    Last edited by Axspeed6; 31-10-2012 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axspeed6 View Post
    i found a part of my noise haha, was an injector seal that had blown out causing combustion gas to escape and hiss, there was also a lot of crap built up on the drive belt pulleys that added to the hiss.

Anyway i got my new head on, injector seals etc, but i still think the power steering pump or the water pump could be playing a part too
    Interesting, you doing the power steering and water pumps? Let us know if you finally fix it