User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What sorcery is this ZAS Surface Prep Towel!?

Default What sorcery is this ZAS Surface Prep Towel!?

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I prefer OCW over Mystique. It foams in the bucket better.
    Dan tells me this after I bought 2 litres of Mystique!!

Oh well. Does the job and will have to for sometime yet!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by slixx View Post
    Dan tells me this after I bought 2 litres of Mystique!!

Oh well. Does the job and will have to for sometime yet!

Peter "SLIXX"

It's not like Mystique is bad dude

It's still a great product
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

I know. I'm just ing

Peter "SLIXX"

Mystique is purposely like that. It's not everyone's taste, so if you want a Prima wash that foams then go for Prima Hydro Wash instead. It doesn't add to the paint like Mystique does though.

Alright, I'll grab some OCW when my current batch of Mystique is finished, should be soon considering I made the mistake of putting a full bottle in to my new Karcher Foam Nozzle on the weekend to try it out, little did I know that a foam of the whole car would use the ENTIRE bottle, did a great job, just used about 20 times more than I would usually use with a hand wash. I'll have to keep the foam nozzle for when I do a pre-clay morning fresh cleans, not regular washing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    Alright, I'll grab some OCW when my current batch of Mystique is finished, should be soon considering I made the mistake of putting a full bottle in to my new Karcher Foam Nozzle on the weekend to try it out, little did I know that a foam of the whole car would use the ENTIRE bottle, did a great job, just used about 20 times more than I would usually use with a hand wash. I'll have to keep the foam nozzle for when I do a pre-clay morning fresh cleans, not regular washing.
    Hehehe. I did the same thing with Mystique!!!

I was foaming the car and looked down and realised that it had used half the bottle very quickly. I tried to adjust the flow, but it seemed not to make too much of a difference, but less foam, which isn't enough as it is

@Caffiene Fiend with OCW does it use that much?

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

In a standard bucket only about a capful of OCW is required. So not much at all.

15ml per 4-5 litres of water is what's recommended

For foam lance, I pre-mix a small amount of OCW with water in the lance container. It's the action of the lance itself that mainly produces the foam. That's how you can get foam out of a product like Mystique with a decent lance, even when it's not designed to foam with a normal bucket wash.

I use a purpose foam lance, which IMO works better than the one you get with the Karcher

ZAS Foam Lance - High Pressure
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

As much as I love to spend money on detailing my car, the ZAS foam lance is $100, the Karcher one I have cost $16, I think I'll stick with it for a while.

EDIT: I'll try diluting the Mystique next time and see how that goes but based on your recommendation I'm switching to OCW when my current bottle of Mystique is done anyway.
    Last edited by Scratch2k; 23-10-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Yeah I use it all the time. For what I do and some of the cars I work on, the Karcher lance isn't really sufficient.

If you're only using it on your car, unless you want the absolute best, it's hard to justify I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    In a standard bucket only about a capful of OCW is required. So not much at all.

15ml per 4-5 litres of water is what's recommended

For foam lance, I pre-mix a small amount of OCW with water in the lance container. It's the action of the lance itself that mainly produces the foam. That's how you can get foam out of a product like Mystique with a decent lance, even when it's not designed to foam with a normal bucket wash.

I use a purpose foam lance, which IMO works better than the one you get with the Karcher

ZAS Foam Lance - High Pressure
    Yup yup. Already got it
    Less Mystique, More Water!

I only really foam the car when it's really dirty.... And that's not really ever!

Peter "SLIXX"

Currently RaydTuned

I have used the zas foam lance and the autobrite lance they are identical.
    You will never get the same foam out of a karcher/gerni lance it just doesnt work the same. To get that real thick foam you need a good quality lance, you will also find you dont need to mix much as the lance will foam up better than a cheap one. I use super snow foam with mine and its like shaving cream, but it really needs some strong car wash (like OCW for example) mixed in to break down grime.

Got the surface prep towel delivered yesterday. Nice clear day. Looking forward to putting it to use.

Default Re: What sorcery is this ZAS Surface Prep Towel!?

This thing is awesome!!! Done about 1/3 of the car in the time it takes to do my bonnet with a clay bar

Got Prep towel
    Got Zas High Pressure Lance
    Got extra drying cloth.

Looking forward to trying this magic.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Got Prep towel
    Got Zas High Pressure Lance
    Got extra drying cloth.

Looking forward to trying this magic.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2
    Got lube too?

Clay lube that it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I just used water

Better to use a proper claybar lube. Water alone increases the chances of marring by ten fold, especially on softer Japanese paints.

It's not expensive and worth it for the once a year or so you clay.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I've just finished using the surface prep towel for the first time. I must say, very impressed!

Now that I've finished with it, do you just pack it away as is or wash it? If it's the latter, is there a specific washing process to follow?

Sent from Samsung Mobile

I just gave mine a good rinse with water and let it dry then put it back in the packet it came in.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch2k View Post
    I just gave mine a good rinse with water and let it dry then put it back in the packet it came in.
    Thanks mate!

It seemed logical enough but I just wanted to make sure.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast