User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset with MAXXIS MAZ1 Tires 50% tread on all 4

Default Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset with MAXXIS MAZ1 Tires 50% tread on all 4

Item: Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset with MAXXIS MAZ1 Tires 50% tread on all 4
    Location: Gorokan, NSW willing to travel 45min north or south though
    Item Condition: Used - see photo's for detail
    Reason for selling: Cops pulled me up last night because my 'aftermarket HIDs' were blinding the Patrol in front of me and gave me 2 weeks to change the rims and told they are keeping an eye out for me ...
    Price and price conditions: $1300ono or will swap for Gen1 RX8 wheels + cash my way
    Pictures:

one had slight gutter rash... but I fixed it yesterday, Lip will need to be painted as it's raw alloy now though, if I get time, I may paint it myself today

this is where the rash was

Last edited by Justin; 14-10-2012 at 03:52 PM.
    2010 MPS Gen II Lux Pack 15% tint, CP-e 75 Duro xFlex Side Mounts, CPe S2 REM, CP-e TIP, CP-e CAI, CP-e Dump Pipe, COBB Access Port S2, Hyperflow TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Eibach Pro Kit, Corksport Rear Strut Tower Brace, Corksport Swaybars Front and Rear, SPC Camber Arms, 2XS Toe Arms

ouch... that hurts a bit
    good luck with sale

gave you 2 weeks to change your wheels or your HID's?

I'm confused... Why are you selling?

Gave me 2 weeks to change the wheels, once I made the HID washers spray proving they were factory, the only thing he could defect me for were the wheels... I'm not that worried about it, I will just go to a different Gym till I sell them, apparently he's seen me every other night driving on that road but I was going the other way... this time he was behind me for a few km before pulling me over... he asked about all the mods, I just said it was factory 'Nurburgring Lux pack edition' options... but he wouldn't believe the wheels were a factory option...
    2010 MPS Gen II Lux Pack 15% tint, CP-e 75 Duro xFlex Side Mounts, CPe S2 REM, CP-e TIP, CP-e CAI, CP-e Dump Pipe, COBB Access Port S2, Hyperflow TMIC, Autotech HPFP, Eibach Pro Kit, Corksport Rear Strut Tower Brace, Corksport Swaybars Front and Rear, SPC Camber Arms, 2XS Toe Arms

Just washed the car, and cleaned the wheels, here are close up of all 4 rims I have the centre caps as well but they are in a bag in one of my box's (currently packing to move houses)

Passenger front

Passenger rear

Drivers rear - the one with the sanded back/repaired lip

Drivers front

Sounds like you were a marked man.

What did he do you for? Protruding too far? Stretched tires?

I've always been a marked man, been pulled over so many times for taking the "racing line" into my street at 40kmh I need both hands to count, my car just attracts that kind of attention... his main problem was the poke, even though I argued that the top of the tires are inside the guard, he argued that the rims stuck out over a cm and could hurt a pedestrian... he had no other problems with the rest of the car once it was a "special edition"

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I've always been a marked man, been pulled over so many times for taking the "racing line" into my street at 40kmh I need both hands to count, my car just attracts that kind of attention... his main problem was the poke, even though I argued that the top of the tires are inside the guard, he argued that the rims stuck out over a cm and could hurt a pedestrian... he had no other problems with the rest of the car once it was a "special edition"
    So he didnt mind the cable ties? or the meccano.....
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Haha special edition!!! Love it bro!

Default Re: Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset with MAXXIS MAZ1 Tires 50% tread on all 4

That is amazing. I was such a fan.

Sent from my Huge Samsung Note 2

I'm still a fan, and I love my wheels... they look tough as in person when you can actually see how they sit on the car...

I'm currently bidding on some GenI MPS wheels If I get them for the current price, I will swap the tires from the rotas onto the GenI rims and then put the rota's up on ebay...

next set of rims will be completely flush no poke, so probably something along the lines of 8-8.5" wide and 42-38 offset :P

Default Re: Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset with MAXXIS MAZ1 Tires 50% tread on all 4

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Gave me 2 weeks to change the wheels, once I made the HID washers spray proving they were factory, the only thing he could defect me for were the wheels... I'm not that worried about it, I will just go to a different Gym till I sell them, apparently he's seen me every other night driving on that road but I was going the other way... this time he was behind me for a few km before pulling me over... he asked about all the mods, I just said it was factory 'Nurburgring Lux pack edition' options... but he wouldn't believe the wheels were a factory option...
    Huh? They are 18s how can you be defected for them? Was it the offset?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

Jmac,

Re: Rota T2R 18 x 9.5 +38 offset

So yeah, the offset, they poke out about a cm and a half
    Last edited by Justin; 14-10-2012 at 08:23 PM.

What a pita.
    He obviously had nothing better to do :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Gosh, sounded like you had a bounty on your head But can't you just get some stock OEM ones, clear the defect and put it back on and just avoid seeing this tool rather than trying to sell them?

"limited edition" noice, that sounds like a good excuse for myself next time

BTW did you roll your guards or do you scrub?? Cause that's quite an aggressive offset for the MPS..
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Yeah, the car isn't currently defected, but is now marked to be pulled over all the time... with an $800 fine up for grabs each time, I'd rather just get rid of them... not that this is helping me sell them though haha

Yeah, "Limited Nurburgring edition", you will have to have the Nurburgring decals on the side of your car though

Wheels only ever scrubbed when I had more than 3 people in the car over big bumps... when I was just by myself there was no scrubbing... but I had the rears rolled a week or two after i got them

Phone around to some wheel shops and see who can machine the hub, take off 5mm and you've got the offset you want. That's if your really not that keen on selling

get brembo BBK.. the the rotors mounting onto hub are 2.5mm thinner

In saying that you will hit your shocks with those rims

How's swap my rota g force 18 x 8.5 38 offset for your Rotas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast