User Tag List

Thread: Odd Clutch ?? or is my Clutch on the way out??

Default Odd Clutch ?? or is my Clutch on the way out??

ok guys I have noticed for for some time now, just havent bothered to look into it further.

Just want to point out that my clutch does not slip at all and it takes full load when accelerating even when flat shifting it does not slip.

Ok so what I have noticed is that when I rev the engine the clutch does feel allot heavier. eg reving to 3k-4.5k. anyone else get this?

If I rev further than this the clutch actually gets stuck almost to the floor after I have depressed it with only a small amount of play maybe 30mm. Depressing it that 30 mm to the floor the clutch is not engaged. However that short release it is 100% engaged. Tbh engaging and disengauging the clutch when this happens is damn FAST.

again the clutch does not slip at all

Btw I have done nearly 160,000 km and never had to replace my clutch.

Your comments/thought and experience is much appreicated

Default Odd Clutch ?? or is my Clutch on the way out??

That sounds very much like a leaking clutch master cylinder.

Check your fluid levels first and foremost. Hopefully just low fluid. Check for leakage from any of the lines.

But if your fluids are topped up and everything is dry, these are exactly the symptoms of worn seals in the master cylinder - you get 'blow by' and the system loses pressure, hence the lower pickup point.

Quote Originally Posted by SMOKEY View Post
    That sounds very much like a leaking clutch master cylinder.

Check your fluid levels first and foremost. Hopefully just low fluid. Check for leakage from any of the lines.

But if your fluids are topped up and everything is dry, these are exactly the symptoms of worn seals in the master cylinder - you get 'blow by' and the system loses pressure, hence the lower pickup point.
    Thanks Smokey,

Will look into it and let you know. Much appreicated.

Could be air in the clutch line. Take it to the mechanic and get them to bleed your clutch. Very simple and if it's the problem you can get away with it without spending very much at all.