User Tag List

Thread: Hi all Im Adam

Default Hi all Im Adam

Hi Im Adam.

24yo Electrician/Drafty from Harrisdale Perth WA.

Currently Own a VZ SSZ Commodore with a nice SQ system.
    need to get rid of this as too expensive to drive to Malaga everyday.

So plan is MPS6 or Series 2 MPS3.

And then Subtle mods performance wise (So the fiance doesnt notice and so she doesnt feel left out)

She has a 2009 3 Maxx Sport sedan in black. If possible im going to fit a SURE shortcut and maybe adjust the current weight with a grinder.

Anyways hope to see some of you out on a cruise or on the streets.

Default Re: Hi all Im Adam

Check out kmh001's mps6 that I'd for sale. Nothing more to do.
    Welcome!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Adam and welcome.

As mentioned above Mal (kmh001) has his MPS6 on the market I believe. A few nice mods done to it also.

I can imagine the SS would be heavy on fuel especially sitting in traffic on tonkin hwy (I assume) or similar.

i have already been in contact with Mal via PM about it im still not sure if i want a 6 or the BL 3 its really a hard decision.

Mals car does have alot of pros!

And would be needing only minor changes to suit me. Being my plates and removing the spotlights behind the grill and then HID's.

Now has anyone tried fitting a SURE shortcut to a MAXX sport 6 speed manual?

The SSZ is scary thirsty can pretty much watch the fuel gauge dropping in stop start traffic and give it a decent WOT squirt to around 5500rpm and you can watch the gauge drop too =(

Best bet would be to drive each or experience the MPS sitting in it at least. I preferred the 6 in terms of looks and also promised myself I needed a break from FWD and so it was so.

Each car has it's pro's and cons though. Just so you know the MPS3 comes limited (in terms of performance) from factory (more so than the 6). You'll need a tune to unlock it.

The MPS6 can be thirsty too, depends how you drive it I guess but in any case better than the SS and just as quick too. I'm currently at just over 12.0L/100km and saw a peak burst of 124.0L/peak on WOT last night

The MPS is the kind of car you can have fun with day in day out and still get at least 400kms per tank easy. Also 6th is fairly tall for hwy cruising. You'd be surprised what they can do on WOT too for a 4 cylinder.

No idea about the shortcut on a Maxx sport sorry.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Welcome Adam and good hunting for your MPS, I echo the comments that Mal's MPS 6 is a very good buy.

Cheers
    Chris

I'd second everything Rogwick said. Test drive them both, but for me, the 6 was the only choice. I've always preferred RW/AW drive cars over FW, the sedan has a really nice look to it without being aggressive/attention grabbing, and is a pleasure to drive.

Default Hi all Im Adam

Welcome mate!