User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil type/changes

1. Default

Have been looking into what is the BEST oil i can put in this car.
    About to order a heap of Redline Synthetic. Going to be expensive, but i think itll be worth it.
    These engines shear oil pretty hard. that combined with the direct injections carbon build up, and fuel dilution is calling for something better.
    Last edited by Cton; 09-04-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cton View Post
    Have been looking into what is the BEST oil i can put in this car.
    About to order a heap of Redline Synthetic. Going to be expensive, but i think itll be worth it.
    These engines shear oil pretty hard. that combined with the direct injections carbon build up, and fuel dilution is calling for something better.
    I used to run neo racing in my pulsar that might be worthwhile looking into but it's not cheap either

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

AMS oil is some of the best u can buy

I just picked up 6l of the nulon fully synthetic 10w40 so Ill do an oil change soon and see what I think... Seems to get some good reviews here and there. 5w40 feels a bit thin for my liking, especially with how hot our turbo gets
    Last edited by dazza; 11-04-2012 at 04:31 PM.

5. Default

Hey I am unsure about the redline stuff. Seems who ever puts it in their car endsup with smokey turbo syndrome.
    Havent heard too many people mention shear though, valid point to raise( and I am slack and have not gone through all the posts,) but so far after a couple of samples, I am in the oil annalysis bussiness, I have no evidence of excessive fuel dilution or oil degradation, and thats doin 10k services. in most petrol injected cars you can expect to see about 1% fuel standard.. any more than that and you start to look at leaky injectors or worn rings.
    As far as recommending oils, well I feel Castrol/Bp is good stuff, but also some of these newer brandsNulon, Penrite etc. they all roughly about the same for their synthetic capabilities, but every engine will react differently, depending on age, other previous oils used and also driver input. I am keen to hear what people use and also would love to test a few peoples cars, if any one is keen, i am interested to get some data to help out. also oil intervals will be critical. who is up for being a test pilot?

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Forgot to add, PM me if you are serious.

If only you were in Victoria Spud, I would be the first to put my hand up as mine is just about ready for her next service at 60000km.

7. Default

PS. Can do easternstates too if that helps.

You guy's seem to change your oil a lot sooner than guy's in the UK, we tend to use 5w30 and change @ 9000 miles (1448.5 Km )or on an annual basis. but this could be a climate thing, it's chilli here :-(

Default Re: Oil type/changes

Ok this may be a noob question but do pur cars take semi synthetic or fully synthetic oil? I was thinking of the changing it to full bit figured I'd ask first instead of wasting my money. Plus is this something worth doing?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by andbananas View Post
    You guy's seem to change your oil a lot sooner than guy's in the UK, we tend to use 5w30 and change @ 9000 miles (1448.5 Km )or on an annual basis. but this could be a climate thing, it's chilli here :-(
    Probably another case of Australian consumers being taken for a ride and being forced/tricked into paying more for stuff.

Our Log Book services are every 10 000km's or every 6 months. Just because I change mine every 5000 doesn't mean everyone else needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS86 View Post
    Ok this may be a noob question but do pur cars take semi synthetic or fully synthetic oil? I was thinking of the changing it to full bit figured I'd ask first instead of wasting my money. Plus is this something worth doing?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315b using Tapatalk 2
    Dealers use semi-synthetic, the car will 'take' whatever oil you give it but I would suggest using full synthetic on any turbo car. Just wait until your next oil change and put in a full synthetic.
    '05 6 MPS | BNR S3 | JBR 3.5" Intake | Corksport Airbox | CP-E 3.25" TMIC | M2 DP | CP-E CBE | CP-E/TT Diff Mounts | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR REM, PMM, TMM | SURE Shortcut | SURE Countershift | SURE Anchors | Denso ITV22s | JBR TIGs | EGR Delete | Coolant Bypass | PTP Inj Seals | MD OCC | H&R Springs | Bilstein B8 Shocks | Car-LED Tails | Badgeless Grille | 6000k HIDs | OZ Ultraleggera 18x8 +48

Default Oil type/changes

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Probably another case of Australian consumers being taken for a ride and being forced/tricked into paying more for stuff.

Our Log Book services are every 10 000km's or every 6 months. Just because I change mine every 5000 doesn't mean everyone else needs to.
    Service coordinator at local Mazda said full synthetic every 7,500kms strictly. He knows I change my own oil as I only go in there for filters, but he said its mandatory in the gen 1s to keep the turbo from turning into a disco smoke machine.

13. Default

Gday

Just bought fully synthetic Penrite 10 W 50 oil today. Will see how it goes. I normally use fully synthetic 10 w 30, but i want to change to a better oil. will let u know of any differences

Hello peeps,I read and re-read the thread until i went cross-eyed, and still haven’t got a clue as to what oil to use. I have a MPS6 with 115,00Ks; it’s parked outside and i don’t warm it up (but i do take it easy until it warms up). Still not sure whether to go thin oil for start-up/thick afterwards, as in: 5W-30, 10W-30, 5W-40 or 10W-40?As for intervals, i think i will do every 7,500 - seems to be the "golden middle” between 5K and 10K.Any advise, hopefully with explanation?

Look in the owners manual. Look at the temperature range that suits your home climate, then look at what oil you can use, then buy a decent quality of whatever brand your local spare parts place sells in the grade you think suits you the best.

Explanation - What suits one person might not suit another. Mazda do extensive testing to find the reccomendations they give. Go with that and you can't go wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
    Look in the owners manual. Look at the temperature range that suits your home climate, then look at what oil you can use, then buy a decent quality of whatever brand your local spare parts place sells in the grade you think suits you the best.

Explanation - What suits one person might not suit another. Mazda do extensive testing to find the reccomendations they give. Go with that and you can't go wrong
    Thanks bd581. To make my decision even more difficult, according to the owners manual i can use pretty much any oil that there is: 10-30, 10-40, 10-50, 15-40, 15-50, 20-40, 20-50 and 5-30. Go figure....

Been using royal purple and no complains here

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Allright, i re-read the posts by Yeldarb (the sum up of all other posts in this thread), and will be going with 5W-40 either Castrol, Valvoline or Penrite.
    Also checked a couple of old service receipts when the car was serviced by Mazda, and they were using 5W-40 oil (my only concerns were that they used this oil early in the car's mileage, and i thought that 100K+ kms would benefit from a different blend).

Quote Originally Posted by SydRuss View Post
    Allright, i re-read the posts by Yeldarb (the sum up of all other posts in this thread), and will be going with 5W-40 either Castrol, Valvoline or Penrite.
    Also checked a couple of old service receipts when the car was serviced by Mazda, and they were using 5W-40 oil (my only concerns were that they used this oil early in the car's mileage, and i thought that 100K+ kms would benefit from a different blend).
    Hehe. Thanks mate. But that was more a summary than good advice.

Sent from Samsung Note 2 LTE
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

20. Default

Just ordered 6L of 5W-40 HPR5 from Penrite + 2.5L of 75W-80 Trans Oil from Penrite.

Actually, it was from Motofluid, but they're the Penrite people of choice. Just down the road from me, and should be good for less "wong" (search wong in forum threads) and a decent motor oil. Plus they're all Aussie!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast