User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil type/changes

Cool thanks guys. I'll see if I can get a little bottle off Mazda for top ups.

Moved/merged this with the oil thread, all answers can be found here

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...changes-3.html

3. Default is this a good oil ?

well in 3.000 km il will change engine oil , differential oil

what ive found that looks to be good is this:

Motul 8100 ECO-NERGY 5w30 . 6 Lts - 55€ (78 AUD)
    Motul Gear 300 75w90 - 1 lt - 25€ (35 AUD)

has anyone ever used this or can give me any feedback is this brand is a good choice ? both have the needed specification thats on the manual

thanks

I've good things about both of those Motul oils

I use Nulon in my 6MPS though. Super Cheap Auto have the 6L full synthetic on sale for $58 at the moment and it is a VERY good oil.

5. Default

can you guys tell me what is the best oil to use on the differential and gearbox ?

doesnt matter price

I use Nulon as well..been using it every 5000kms for many years now...

150K kms on the clock and still running well.

They sell promotional 6L bottles for around $60....but some places have 5L...so look around.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

7. Default

nulon is semi-synthetic

wouldnt a 100% syntethic oil be better ? like millers 75w90

Moved the thread to the Oil type thread in the Tech Talk forum

Quote Originally Posted by thundercatpt View Post
    nulon is semi-synthetic

wouldnt a 100% syntethic oil be better ? like millers 75w90
    Nulon 100% Synthetic 10W-40 Hi-Tech Fast Flowing Engine/Motor Oil is a premium quality, full synthetic engine/motor lubricant designed to meet the latest manufacturer's specifications for petrol engines. It also provides superior cold start circulation and high temperature stability. Typical of high quality synthetic engine oils Nulon 10W-40 Hi-Tech Fast Flowing Synthetic Engine/Motor Oil provides superior resistance to sludge formation and viscosity change. This means that the oil stays "in spec" for longer. High shear stable polymers and 100% synthetic base oils form the basis of this technically advanced engine lubricant. Phosphorus levels are controlled to give excellent wear protection whilst meeting the Australian Motoring Industry agreements to ensure prolonged life of catalytic converters. Also provides good diesel engine performance.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

10. Default

thats 10w40

i use 5w30

bu for diferential ? nulon its semi noy full sytntethic

I just changed oil after 5,000k i dont know where Mazda get there figures of 5.3 litres without the filter and 5.7 with cause i just put in 5 litres of ELF Excellium Fully Syntheic 5W-40 and sits 1mm above the full line on the dip stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I just changed oil after 5,000k i dont know where Mazda get there figures of 5.3 litres without the filter and 5.7 with cause i just put in 5 litres of ELF Excellium Fully Syntheic 5W-40 and sits 1mm above the full line on the dip stick.
    i don't know but i just do as it's written

13. Default

Hi Guys

I only use my MPS3 on w/ends, doesn't get touched through the week and change oil every 10,000 castrol 10W-40. The thing i notice is there is a heap of smoke on startup for around a minute or 2 and then it clears.
    3 questions - a) should i be using a different oil? b) should i take the car for a quick spin a few afternoons during the week? c) should i sell the car because it only does about 150kms a week!

As far as oil brand/viscosity etc is concerned, there is a shiny silver sticker put at the front left end under the bonnet that says, "Recommended to use Mazda Full Synthetic Engine Oil". This would mean that the grade of oil is 5W-40. The genuine Mazda stuff is Castrol Magnatec Professional 5W-40.
    Using oil grades specified and/or recommended in the owners manual will be OK. Notice that the 5W grades in the manual cover the widest temperature bands.

Does anyone know what the go is with aftermarket engine oil and warranty?? Someone reckons it ruins ur warranty? Ive still got left overs from my 5000km change that is sufficient enough for the service at Mazda, that i would want to bring it in to use wonder if they would give me hassels about it?

I've been using Royal Purple 10w-40 and it seems to do the job.

I had my first service on Saturday.
    Asked the service manager his thoughts on which oil I should look at supplying for the 10,000klm service.

My MPS is only 800klms old.
    I estimate Ill only do 10,000klms a year. So the next service will be at the 6 month mark (approx 5,000klms), not the 10,000klms.

He suggested still running a 10W-40 semi synthetic as the engine is still bedding in up to 20,00klms.

I always thought a Fully Synthetic would be best. He thinks unless Im demanding the absolute most out of the engine, then a Fully Synthetic is probably a waste.

What are our thoughts on this??
    MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

I'm surprised he is "ok" telling u to supply ur own oil cause on the phone it came across as if i'm comitting a crime

Mine is going in for 30,000km service and i only recently started to use 10w-40 fully synthetic but i had the feeling that mazda uses 5w-30 fully synthetic, ones they use in rx8s and that?? But i also always thought full synthetic is the best?

Quite a grey area i think, dependent on how u drive i suppose

Quote Originally Posted by MUZZA View Post
    I had my first service on Saturday.
    Asked the service manager his thoughts on which oil I should look at supplying for the 10,000klm service.

My MPS is only 800klms old.
    I estimate Ill only do 10,000klms a year. So the next service will be at the 6 month mark (approx 5,000klms), not the 10,000klms.

He suggested still running a 10W-40 semi synthetic as the engine is still bedding in up to 20,00klms.

I always thought a Fully Synthetic would be best. He thinks unless Im demanding the absolute most out of the engine, then a Fully Synthetic is probably a waste.

What are our thoughts on this??

18. Default

Engine oil Dyno shootout

YouTube - Engine Oil Dyno Shootout on EVO

Nulon oil looks good?

Hey guys I was looking at getting the Nulon 10w-40 for my engine, I don't know exactly how thoughs figures work but its something to do with temperature? I'm in Perth.

Any recommendations on Differential Oil and Gearbox oil?

My opinion as a dealership mechanic...
    If you have warranty, take your car to a dealer to get it serviced. Let them use the factory approved oil. Supplying your own oil (another brand) shows arrogance to the workshop, and on some occasions, I've seen a tech crack the shits and use the workshop (factory approved) oil instead of the customers. Needless to say the supplied oil was never returned...

If you don't have warranty, either use the bottled stuff from a Mazda dealer spare parts, or do research on oils. It's true that 'oils aint oils'...
    I use Royal Purple when I can, but lately, due to price, have been using Penrite Premium, 10W-50. I also service my car EVERY 5,000kms. Let's just say I'd rather be safe than sorry.
    Any 'backyarders' I service at home get genuine Mazda fluids. There's a reason why Mazda put their name on it.
    Racing oils are usually the best to go for as race oils require higher standards in quality.
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;:

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast