User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Oil type/changes

I use racing 10, think it's pretty good, especially when supercheap auto has a sale

Sent from my HTC One X

Quote Originally Posted by skeetskeet View Post
    thread revival haha

@kpmps im going to go with your options :

Penrite HPR 5 (5W-40) Penrite Oil - A Better Class Of Oil

or

Penrite Racing 10 (10W-40) SHEAR FREE Penrite Oil - A Better Class Of Oil

what did you end up using?
    This is one of the best oils out there ,penrite racing is a group4/5 true synthetic .
    most other synthetic oils are only group 3 which is basically tarted up mineral
    //BNR3//HDI FMIC//HTP 3" intake//
    // Ecutek tune//CPE DP/ HPFP//
    // Tein performance street Coilovers //
    // Whiteline RSB// 240kwATW bum Dyno //

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    There are alot of guys running heavier diesel based oils for our car because they simply protect better for the DISI engine. I've read numerous oil analysis tests on bob is the oil guy where the thicker diesel oils protect far better than regular synthetics. "Because of gasoline blowby in these direct inject motors, the oil tends to get diluted to lower viscosity during the oil change cycle. So if you start with 5W30 it becomes more like 5W20 at about 3 to 4,000 miles. Also our engines mechanically shear the oil molecules especially the viscosity improvers VII because of tight tolerances. "

Yeh Mobil Delvac MX was what i used for my past Turbo Nissan SR and Subaru EJ20 cars. I fondly remember my Forester GT clocking 190,000kms and my WRX clocking 260,000kms on the standard motors (tuned bolted).
    MS Engineering specifically only uses Delvac for their rally and race cars.

Ive not yet used Delvac for my MS3, but i do have litres of it left over from subaru ownership.

4. Default

I have been using Royal Purple 10w-40w and its brillant. all my cars get the same care!

5. Default

Has anyone tried Nulon Full Synthetic Hi-Tech Fast Flowing Engine Oil - 10W-40, 6 Litre? Ive read most people like penrite racing 10 (10w 40) for these cars but used to use the Nulon on my astra turbo and it ran really good.

Just picked up my Mps last night and my service is due now so just trying to do some research so i can look after it as best as i can

6. Default

Nothing wrong with Nulon it will do the job.

7. Default

On my engine bay it has white writing Dxi 5w30. I know what the 5w30 means but what is dxi, a brand of oil ? And is there much of a difference if i use 5w30 - 5w40 or 10w40?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910