User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with tyres please :)

Default Help with tyres please :)

Well looks like I'm going to try the Achillies 123 S 235/40/18. Would have loved to try the Federals RS-R's but rang everywhere Option 1 Garage, Jax, Tyre Power, F1 wheel and tyre, and bout 3 other independents. All said no stock for what I'm after! And no ETA either could be a few months. Looks like they all go through the same wholesaler. Get em Thursday see how they go

My MPS6 had Achilles on it when I bought it.
    The dealer put them on- I'd be a bit cautious about purchasing tyres named after someone with a notoriously dodgy foot.
    They lasted about 30k of pretty sedate driving.
    Replaced them with KU31’s, which lasted 26k, but felt much, much better.
    Damn, I wish we could get KU36 for $200 per tyre fitted here in WA. My last quote was +300 per corner.
    I've just received another 4 KU 31’s from St Geo Tyres, and will have them fitted this week.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    My MPS6 had Achilles on it when I bought it.
    The dealer put them on- I'd be a bit cautious about purchasing tyres named after someone with a notoriously dodgy foot.
    They lasted about 30k of pretty sedate driving.
    Replaced them with KU31’s, which lasted 26k, but felt much, much better.
    Damn, I wish we could get KU36 for $200 per tyre fitted here in WA. My last quote was +300 per corner.
    I've just received another 4 KU 31’s from St Geo Tyres, and will have them fitted this week.
    Which Achillies? I am running ku36 now great tyres had them for about 29k rears wore out on the inner before the fronts and I don't drive lightly. Have got plenty of grip but got extremely noisy. Keen to try something along the lines of kuhmos and price. RS-Rs are out so either Nitto which were harder to find and then there were Achillies. I couldn't wait to get some shipped need them now. They are meant to be semi slicks. But get what you pay for so wait and see hope they are good. Anyone running them or know someone running them?
    2XS+ChipTorque=DeathStar

i'd put them slightly under the KU36s. but for the cheap price they are, you cannot complain.

Default Re: Help with tyres please :)

RS3s can be had for about 1k fitted...
    Jaxquickfit

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: Help with tyres please :)

Quote Originally Posted by allo80 View Post
    i've read the reports on tyre rack etc... but was keen on ozmpsclub members first hand thoughts/impressions on them.

Once the fronts are worn on my car (currently has Carbon series on the fronts...never heard of em, place where i bought the car must have put them on) then Michelins PSSs shall be employed on all corners. Im expecting a day/night contrast to grip levels.
    I have owned many makes/models of tyres over the years and the Michelin PSS's are the best all round.
    My RT615s rocked for lateral grip but semis are no good for straight line grip.
    The PSS's grip harder in a straight line, nearly as good in the bends, have more forgiving sidewalls (not as harsh) and are quieter.. plus they actually get grip in the wet AND have longer wearing tread. Cant go wrong!
    Will def buy again.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

10/10 would bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Michelin PSS's are the best all round.
    This!

Sent from my iPhone

Angry Tyres

I am just curious as to how many KM's you guys have gotten out of your Dunlop SP Sport 225/40/18 Tyres, I went through my 1st set at 33,000 KMS?

Quote Originally Posted by MRMPS85 View Post
    I am just curious as to how many KM's you guys have gotten out of your Dunlop SP Sport 225/40/18 Tyres, I went through my 1st set at 33,000 KMS?
    I'm at 32300km and the stock SP Sport 2050's are at 50% worn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 Mazda 3 MPS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12