User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notchy/Crunching Gearbox

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Just buy the new model apparently they have fixed that problem
    Nah, just change the gearbox oil to something not used by Mazda... Worked for me.

I hear Penrite SIN 75W90 does the job, or at least it totally fixed all my problems, including an LSD wongwongwong noise.

2. Default

Get your non Mazda mechanic to call them and tell them they have an issue to look at.

If he is willing to tell them exactly what he thinks the issue is they cant possibly say its nothing.

If they refuse to do anything get your mechanic to document what he believes the issue to be and call mazda head office to complain or even try a different dealer.

Don't leave it until the warranty runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Nah, just change the gearbox oil to something not used by Mazda... Worked for me.

I hear Penrite SIN 75W90 does the job, or at least it totally fixed all my problems, including an LSD wongwongwong noise.

lol that was my attempt at humour

has anyone used valvoline duragear 75w85 transmission oil in a mps?

i can get valvoline products for cost price through work and have used this particular oil in the gear box of my old R32 GTR...

from their website

"DURAGEAR 75W-85
    Formulated with a unique blend of premium synthetic and conventional base oils, DuraGear is a superior extreme pressure lubricant. This special transmission oil is suitable for most conventional manual gearboxes and front wheel drive transaxles. Overcomes difficult low temperature gear changes and high temperature rattles"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12