User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: brake help

1. Default

yep, if you ever get air before the ABS module, you'll need to use the mazda MMDS system to modulate the pump & get the air out. Getting air after the ABS module like replacing the flex lines or disconnecting the calipers, you can do a normal bleed.

for the folka who dont want to visit the dealer or fork out for it,the yanks often suggest finding a gravel area and jamming the brakes on to trip the ABS. then bleed and repeat until satisfied.
    pressure bleeding can ruin seals if done incorrectly. id say because the master cyl was replaced, theres the bulk of the reason. may i ask why it was replaced? leaking? check all unions are done up tight too and ensure the baffled reservoir is actually full.

bleeding the clutch is a lot easier with a vacuum bleeder

2. Default

Reedy, how are you progressing with your caliper flex problem? did you end up getting the bushings?

Nah I want to see more people who track their cars using them before I decide to be the guinea pig. At this rate i'll just stick to my stock calipers and just rebuild them more often than most.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by juld0zer View Post
    Reedy, how are you progressing with your caliper flex problem? did you end up getting the bushings?
    what do you mean calpier flex/??

The single piston calipers our cars have slide on 2 guide pins. These pins are set in rubber bushings which flex quite a lot under load, even more so when they get very hot. That causes the caliper to deviate off centre under braking loads and leads to uneven brake pad wear. I have a whole thread on it somewhere around here with pics and videos etc.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    The single piston calipers our cars have slide on 2 guide pins. These pins are set in rubber bushings which flex quite a lot under load, even more so when they get very hot. That causes the caliper to deviate off centre under braking loads and leads to uneven brake pad wear. I have a whole thread on it somewhere around here with pics and videos etc.
    ahh.. ok @Reedy if you have a link to that thread i would love to enhance my knowledge thansk.

7. Default

well the car was at Mazda yeterday.
    things they did:
    bleed master cylinder (notorisious for having air pockets on our cars)
    abs system
    all 4 wheels
    clutch - becasue i asked them to bleed it
    now teh car is back to normal

Quote Originally Posted by dar_vedar View Post
    ahh.. ok @Reedy if you have a link to that thread i would love to enhance my knowledge thansk.
    http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/handl...rake-wear.html

Good to hear bleeding it properly fixed the issue!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12