User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone from WA familar with AP, and willing to babysit me through mine ? :-D

1. Default Anyone from WA familar with AP, and willing to babysit me through mine ? :-D

Hey Everyone,

Seeing if there is anyone from WA that is quite familiar with the AP

I shall be receiving my AP within the next week, and will be wishing to setup just a stage 1 (intake only) map, but it would be great to have someone, around who has gone through the process before.

Else I guess it does not seem to difficult, I can maybe just post up some logs for some expert advise?

Cheers

i can help ya!

3. Default

Cheers mate, I have not yet received the AP, should have sometime next week, once arrived though, I might message you and if still able to head round at some stage that would be great. Be good to meet some fellow members too, only been on the one cruise in which I had to leave early.

thats cool, i aint going anywhere hahaha, and yeah i havent met any ozmpsers in perth yet...so a cruise soon would be good

5. Default

Hey Mate, After looking a few vids and reading the guide, I may attempt to install myself, though very paranoid about making a mistake ... :-)
    I did have just a couple of quick questions though if you dont mind :-)
    1. how long does it take to flash the ECU for the first time?
    2. Did you use a battery charger when flashing the ECU?
    3. Can you save the stock/current tune on a computer as a backup, as another copy that just the one on the AP?

Would still be great to organize a cruise sometime though.
    Glenn

Hey i'll admit i was a little paranoid at first too!

1. When you first plug it in you will be asked to backup your current tune (stock). This may take up to 30mins! That was around the time it took on the top of my head! Once thats done you are able to upload a new tune (OTS) which takes about 1-1.5mins.

2. There shouldnt be any problems with battery unless yours is almost dead. just close the doors and have everything switched off i.e. lights, stereo etc.

3. I'm aware that you cannot save the stock tune to the computer but correct me if im wrong. It's just saved on the AP.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I'm keen for a cruise anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by cargle View Post
    Hey Mate, After looking a few vids and reading the guide, I may attempt to install myself, though very paranoid about making a mistake ... :-)
    I did have just a couple of quick questions though if you dont mind :-)
    1. how long does it take to flash the ECU for the first time?
    2. Did you use a battery charger when flashing the ECU?
    3. Can you save the stock/current tune on a computer as a backup, as another copy that just the one on the AP?

Would still be great to organize a cruise sometime though.
    Glenn
    Current Mods

Cobb Accessport 2XS SRI Protege TIP COBB Tuning Downpipe COBB Catback Exhaust HDI GT2 Pro FMIC HKS SSQ CPE ByPass Valve Autotech Fuel Pump DGR Coilovers Remsa Brake Pads TRW Brake Disks 2XS Short Shift Plate CPE Rear Engine Mount (75 Duro) Defi Boost Gauge JBarone Heavy Gear Knob JBarone Solid Shifter Bushings Rally Armor Urethane Mud Flaps Mugen Weather Shields Kumho KU31 225/40R18 6000K HID Kit for Low Beam + Fogs COBB Adjustable Short Throw Shifter Denso ITV22

I belive the stage 0 tune saved to the AP is basically the stock tune (not sure if its the one saved as a backup though)

The stock tune (from your MPS) is saved on the AP then backed up then next time you plug your AP into your pc. Which I think it prompts you to do after install.? Was a while ago now…
    I have sifted through loads of posts and it is defiantly there you can see it on your pc and not on the AP just can’t do anything with it unless you tell it to return to stock. If you are super stressed then I will have a look on the laptop over the weekend when I get some time and let you know where it is in the AP manager……

Good luck and it will be fine… I was a little nervous the first few times but if you read up, and watch the u-tube vids on Cobbs website (AccessPORT-Support) you will be fine. Loads of great info on there. It is super user friendly…

10. Default

Thanks for the help guys

I just always like to make sure I keep backups etc, to only have 1 copy of my stock tune, sitting on a device that could brick or be stolen etc.. was a fairly scaring thought :-)

One more query, I have updated the AP to the latest firmware and have loaded the latest map which I wish to use "Stage1+SF 98", however it appears the AP may have already come loaded with this map from factory, would this get overwritten when I imported the latest one? or are they saved in a different spot when imported?

Besides that, any other tips you can suggest when installing AP for the first time?

Will try and give it a go this weekend, hopefully all goes well.

Thanks again
    Glenn

Installed my AP today buddy, and i was paranoid a little just like you are but once your into it its a very easy installation! Read and follow the instructions carefully from the booklet that comes with the AP and you'll be fine! The only berry i had with it was the near 30 min wait for the AP to save the stock tune when i was hungry and had to go to the toilet and i wasnt allowed to open the doors during install! lol

Havent driven the car yet, not until later tonight anyway so im pretty keen to see how it goes with the Stage 1 OTS tune!

Good luck and have fun
    Last edited by MPSJET; 18-10-2012 at 04:10 PM.
    Metro Grey 2008 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury Pack
    Mods done - CPe TIP - Corksport SRI - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Stealth Boost Tubes - CPe Stage 2 REM - JBR Shift Kit Stage 2 - Cobb AP Stage 1 OTS Tune - F+R Whiteline Sway Bars - Lowered On King Springs
    Mods to come - FP Internals - CPe DP - Stage 2 Cobb AP Map

Quote Originally Posted by MPSJET View Post
    Installed my AP today buddy, and i was paranoid a little just like you are but once your into it its a very easy installation! Read and follow the instructions carefully from the booklet that comes with the AP and you'll be fine! The only berry i had with it was the near 30 min wait for the AP to save the stock tune when i was hungry and had to go to the toilet and i wasnt allowed to open the doors during install! lol

Havent driven the car yet, not until later tonight anyway so im pretty keen to see how it goes with the Stage 1 OTS tune!

Good luck and have fun
    sounds like you needed one of these
    and should have ordered a pizza to be delivered
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Hey guys, where do we get a Cobb AP in perth? Or is it easier to source it from east.

Quote Originally Posted by DAN MPS 3 View Post
    Hey guys, where do we get a Cobb AP in perth? Or is it easier to source it from east.
    Not too sure about perth, but you would be looking at MPS Garage here on the eastcoast! Best bet though is from the states, i got mine from the states on ebay @ $590 inc shipping and about a week or so wait! Check out edgeautosports aswell.

Cheers Lee
    Metro Grey 2008 Mazda 3 MPS Luxury Pack
    Mods done - CPe TIP - Corksport SRI - Corksport TMIC - Corksport Stealth Boost Tubes - CPe Stage 2 REM - JBR Shift Kit Stage 2 - Cobb AP Stage 1 OTS Tune - F+R Whiteline Sway Bars - Lowered On King Springs
    Mods to come - FP Internals - CPe DP - Stage 2 Cobb AP Map

Not too sure about perth, but you would be looking at MPS Garage here on the eastcoast! Best bet though is from the states, i got mine from the states on ebay @ $590 inc shipping and about a week or so wait! Check out edgeautosports aswell.

Cheers Lee
    yeah, I have been checking MPS garage out.

I guess the hardware is the same in the US and Australia, only the software changes. Thanks for your help.

Default Anyone from WA familar with AP, and willing to babysit me through mine ? :-D

Cheers Lee
    www.edgeautosport.com.
    Enter "CobbAP" for the forum discount

6days delivery to Melb. Maybe a few more for Perth

Awesome customer service and a forum member and sponsor

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Default Re: Anyone from WA familar with AP, and willing to babysit me through mine ? :-D

MPS Garage are not forum sponsors, id encourage all to use the people who support our community and help pay the bills to run this place..
    Edge Auto Sport (as mentioned above) support us here.
    Alternatively HPFP are also selling AP's and are also sponsors.

I purchased mine from Edge and am very happy. Check their subforum on here for further info.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

Mate,

I would recommend sending HPFP an email as they were far and away the cheapest (I asked for the best price shipped) and I think they were great to deal with. I had mine shopped to Perth and it got here about 4 months quicker than anything I ever got from MPS garage…

Here is a link- http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/hpfp-...hese-guys.html
    Also
    Cobb Access Port MazdaSpeed | HPFPUpgrade.com

I was in the same boat and it was nothing but a positive experience. And on a side note… the AP is great… easy to use and will cater from set and forget tuning up to the big mod heads that love to fiddle with everything…you won’t regret it.!

19. Default

All installed :-)
    Feels great so far, although havnt had a good chance to do take it for a great spin yet.

Are there any readings I should look out for?

I guess its best to do a LOG for someone to take a look at?

Thanks in advance
    Glenn

hey guys i need a spreadsheet program to view these log yea??? i just ran my first log and the pc wont open the file

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast