User Tag List

Thread: After market Shifter Bushes

1. Default After market Shifter Bushes

Anyone got any after market Shifter bushes? Maybe Sure or 2xs, Jbr etc
    I have a gen 1, 3 mps
    Preferably good condition/new.
    Wanted to buy Sure bushes but they charge $40 delivery which is steep for something as small as a 10c peace

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: After market Shifter Bushes

@2XS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

MPSG Garage had some JBR bushed on sale cheap - I don't know if they are still available. Cost me $30 shipped. I think raw price was about $25-28. Work well and fitted in 15 minutes. I wouldn't go for used ones anyway, given the small cost differentials. At least if new and they aren't right you can return or swap them over.

Default After market Shifter Bushes

If you are price conscious I reckon you could just take your shifter cage down to bunnings and find some metal washers that would fit the space.

That's all they are at the end of the day.

Probably cost you 3 bucks.

SMOKEY, the key is the machined collet thar restricts lateral movement. You will get some effect using the right sized washers but not nearly as positive as the near-interference fit collets. Washers would require heavier torquing down too to prevent lateral drift, while the collets only require light pressure to secure the locknuts to restrict vertical drift. For the odd $30, why not do it right first time? And you don't have to pull your shifter cage out which requires letting go the cables, doubling the length of time to do the job. You can install the collets without disturbing the cables.
    Last edited by Doug_MPS6; 03-10-2012 at 02:47 PM.
    CP_e Standback & PNP; CP_e 3" SS Downpipe; Corksport FMIC with Top-mount K&N filter & OEM Ram CAI; Turbosmart BOV; Dashhawk; Prosport Boost Guage; JBR solid shift bushes; DBA 4000 Wiper-Slot front rotors; Hawk Ferro-Carbon HPS Street front brake pads (@ 69,000km); Sumitomo HTRZIII's in 225/45 x 18

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_MPS6 View Post
    SMOKEY, the key is the machined collet thar restricts lateral movement. You will get some effect using the right sized washers but not nearly as positive as the near-interference fit collets. Washers would require heavier torquing down too to prevent lateral drift, while the collets only require light pressure to secure the locknuts to restrict vertical drift. For the odd $30, why not do it right first time? And you don't have to pull your shifter cage out which requires letting go the cables, doubling the length of time to do the job. You can install the collets without disturbing the cables.

I've got the Sure Anchors, and they don't use the collets. Far as i can tell they're just conveniently sized adonized washers/spacers made from alloy. You just remove the old stuff and then whack them in - yes they are a tight fit, but that's why I suggested 'the right size' washers. They used to be numbered and perhaps different sizes, but the ones I got had no numbers and were all the same size.

Pretty sure the minimal movement is as a result of eliminating the rubber components. The mounting bolts are fixed to the floor pan, and ID and OD of the bushing/anchor/spacer/washer is spot on - nothing is moving anywhere.

Maybe the JBR's are different? And maybe you can get the JBRs in without removing the cage, but with the Sure units, you definitely have to remove the cage to get the underside anchors/washers in. It's not a fun job but disconnecting the shifter cables was an easy part.

SURE Motorsports' Shift Anchor Installation | Mazdaspeed3 Extreme Performance

Agree that it's a nominal amount to pay - but for someone who doesn't want to spend that small amount of money, the might think it worth making a trip to a hardware store. Never know your luck.

To be honest, I reckon they make a very small amount of difference. The money is better spent elsewhere.....

But i doubt you'll find a set of second hand ones for sale. They're not worth enough to warrant the hassle of removing them once they're in.

7. Default Re: After market Shifter Bushes

Thanks all I'm not worried about spending $30 or so it's just the ones I were looking at were going to be another $45 delivered. Not sure I checked mps garage so will do now. Thanks for all your comments.

I may have some Gen 2 ones.

9. Default Re: After market Shifter Bushes

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I may have some Gen 2 ones.
    Well they be compatible with gen 1? I would imagine nothing too much has changed in there

2006 AB Mazda 3 MPS
    | 2XS SRI | PG TIP | SURE T3 Street REM | Bilstein B8 & King Spring Suspension |
    ********Car is now for sale PM for details********

I got the SURE ones, love them!

Maybe find someone who is ordering SURE stuff and organize to included your small item.

I did that for @MUZZA with his short shifter and sway bar bushes.

Quote Originally Posted by toine888 View Post
    Well they be compatible with gen 1? I would imagine nothing too much has changed in there

They are shorter in height.
    I believe the Gen 2 fit the Gen 1, but not vice-versa.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Default After market Shifter Bushes

Hey
    I have a pending order with Sure at the moment.

I'm waiting for something's to come into stock. If you like I can order the mounts for you and add them to my order

PM me if your interested

Peter "SLIXX"

13. Default Re: After market Shifter Bushes

HEY Slixx cheers mate have PMd you