User Tag List

Thread: front suspension noise!!

1. Default front suspension noise!!

hi all

had my gen 1 mps for a few weeks now and a couple things that bbug me tht i cant figure out what they are, are; front suspension ckreeking sound everytime i hit a bump, speedhump it really feels and sounds like there is something that should be fixed. secondly after the 'creeky' noise theres is a clunky, bobbly sound which almost sounds like the exhaust pipe bumping around underneath, although that is just a guess..

i made a quick video of the sound in a carpark.. check it out if you have time

Mazda 3 front suspension noise - YouTube

ps the second hump (26 sec) is alot more obvious to what the sound is.. mind im goin about 5kph!!

any help or suggestions as to what it might be would be REALLY appreciated! thanks!!!

Its sounds like a rubber of some sort, id say sway bar

Were are you from?

Default front suspension noise!!

Sway bar d bushes.

4. Default

Thanks guys ..also, could it be anything to do with the struts? vehicle inspection report said they 'might' need replacing..

Were are you from?
    Sydney Inner west

thanks again!

5. Default

when you say sway bar bushes does you mean that they may be loose? or need replacing .. thanks again

They need to be replaced, How many km's?

7. Default

105 .. doubt theyve ever been changed

Default Re: front suspension noise!!

They cost about 35 from Mazda

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

I'm going to buy some greaseable front swarbar bushes hopefully fix the clunking noise Im getting from the front.

Im also getting creaking noises which I know is from my rear engine mount. Trying to find the sweet spot for the torque on the bolts

I've also had an annoying rattle on engine start up which seems to have been fixed when I replaced the gearbox mount.

god I hate clunks and rattles and trying to diagnose them..

Just to add or for info, both ball joints were rooted in my car. Had them replaced see here

My Gen 1 had more of a clunky noise which turned out to be the struts; my limited experience says that your problem ain't struts.

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Just to add or for info, both ball joints were rooted in my car. Had them replaced see here
    dont think we have those joints on the MPS3. Unless they are similar to tie rod ends?

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    dont think we have those joints on the MPS3. Unless they are similar to tie rod ends?
    Fair enough. I've never studied the MPS3 so you may be right.

14. Default

Hi Guys,

So... I took it to the mechanic (supplied under the dealership warranty) and he replaced the bushes, then a few days later the sound was back.. so i took it back AGAIN and the mechanic re-greased them .. and now, 2-3 days later, there is still a "creak" sound when going over uneven surfaces (although it is better than before).. the problem seems very minimal but it is so frustrating to have it there! should I take it back for a third time or demand to get a second opinion? .. i dont have that much experience with car dealers and their warranties..
    thanks guys!

Mate i had the same problem it was the strut top bearings. Start off being not much and only a nock or creak he and there bout after 6 months it was residuals. Only happens on uneven surfaces where you unload one side of the suspension and you can feel it through the steering wheel. I got so bad it felt like the front suspension was all loose. I literally just had it fixed today but I also need the front sway bar d bushes replaced. On another note I had an aftermarket rear sway bar that broke one side of the bracket and was clunking allot.
    Hope this helps