User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda3 update - including MPS!

Default Mazda3 update - including MPS!

I am not sure how many of you noticed that the recent M Day sale excluded "Mazda3 300H models", or a teaser MPS3 image recently uploaded on the Mazda Australia Facebook, but I have suspected an update to the Mazda3 and finally it has been unveilved - Mazda Australia Zoom-Zoom - Bluetooth and USB Connectivity Standard Across Mazda3 Range

USB connectivity is added across the range while Neo also picks up standard Bluetooth. MPS models have been updated at no extra cost with exterior mirrors, part of the rear spoiler and rear lower bumper painted in Black Mica. The alloys are now painted dark charcoal and a shark fin antenna has been added. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to include any mechanical changes to keep up with new competition, but the visuals are not too bad. At least some may save some money on antennas or grey paint

Last edited by shakespeare; 25-09-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: added image link

I saw this today on the Mazda Facebook page. Love the wheels !

Nice update ! Keeps it fresh.

Another 10 Kay dubbya's would be nice... Just round off the output to a nice , neat 200kw.... Oh, and brembos would rock the sh*t !!!

Damn hot wheels!!

Wow....very very nice.........................

........ blue sky
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

Would be nice if Mazda made a 'Tuners' or a hotter version of the MPS & sold them in limited numbers, i believe they are using the SP name for this new edition MPS?

All the cosmetic upgrades should just be a 'facelift' for basic MPS, and the SP should include stuff like:

RX-8 Lightweight wheels
    Upgraded springs (lower ride 10 - 15mm) upgraded shocks.
    Upgraded sway bars
    Marginally bigger brakes maybe like 340mm front and 310mm rear (from 6MPS)
    More Sportier seats similar to that of the Recaro's found in the Focus and Megane and Golfs.

Power could stay the same maybe include a sports button to remove limiters in all gears & increase shock stiffness, power is high enough the new Focus is still behind and the new Opel OPC is only marginally ahead...

Come to think of it Megane and Golfs are still behind aswell.
    MPSX-treme

2006 MPS Sports True Red - HP-F Mazedit tune + Other go fast bits - DGR Coilovers + Semi Slicks - Numerous Sure Motorsport Additions - Dashhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Would be nice if Mazda made a 'Tuners' or a hotter version of the MPS & sold them in limited numbers, i believe they are using the SP name for this new edition MPS?

All the cosmetic upgrades should just be a 'facelift' for basic MPS, and the SP should include stuff like:

RX-8 Lightweight wheels
    Upgraded springs (lower ride 10 - 15mm) upgraded shocks.
    Upgraded sway bars
    Marginally bigger brakes maybe like 340mm front and 310mm rear (from 6MPS)
    More Sportier seats similar to that of the Recaro's found in the Focus and Megane and Golfs.

Power could stay the same maybe include a sports button to remove limiters in all gears & increase shock stiffness, power is high enough the new Focus is still behind and the new Opel OPC is only marginally ahead...

The thought of that is all well and good. But, the biggest problem is that the MPS isn't exactly a high volume car anyway and the modders market in Australia isn't huge. So the demand for it would be well below what would be needed to get the sales. With the recent release of the 86/BRZ, people looking for a new car base for a track car aren't generally going to be looking towards a FWD Mazda. So that cuts out that market too.

Time to hit the for sale section to see if anyone is selling their stock (black) wheels, they would look great on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post

Megane RS265 should now be out and has been upgraded to 195kW

Quote Originally Posted by scratch2k View Post
    time to hit the for sale section to see if anyone is selling their stock (black) wheels, they would look great on mine.
    ^^^^^this.

went and checked one out today at AMR in Petersham, they had a red one parked in the back shed.. looks very nice. will post up a pic soon

Here's the pic

Anyone know if the shark fin antenna shown here is borrowed from the CX-5?
    And if this part can then be fitted to earlier BL MPSs?

Hmmm the new look in Red doesn't do it for me as much as I thought it would.

White and Aluminium are the colours to have in this update IMO.

Guess having a Gen II in black, everything will be colour coded

Can someone tell me if the black parts are Black Mica or gloss Black

I'm about to respray my bumper and bonnet and didn't know which way to go

Peter "SLIXX"

Those brake callipers need a touch up!

I like the wing mirrors in black, might be my next mod, prefer my wheels in mat black on red though.

White was always going to be the stand out colour with these updates.

Aluminium personally would look better with @Caffeine Fiend 's shadow chrome finish on his RX8's or as dark as @MPSBNE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348797033.575952.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	12522
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

The fog lamp surrounds are matte black, front grill is gloss, and I'm pretty sure the rear is gloss also.

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    The fog lamp surrounds are matte black, front grill is gloss, and I'm pretty sure the rear is gloss also.
    Mmm. I have plasti dip over my fog light surrounds which give it a matte look. I wanna keep that look

Will ask them to use a matte paint on them

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Those brake callipers need a touch up!

Aluminium personally would look better with @Caffeine Fiend 's shadow chrome finish on his RX8's or as dark as @MPSBNE.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348797033.575952.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	12522

The RX8s only really work if the brakes are painted. They're a very open rim

Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast