User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How hard do u drive your mazda mps 3?

Anyone who knows me understands that I drive my car like grandma most of the time!

Default Re: How hard do u drive your mazda mps 3?

Semi often, I like to throttle it but most of the time it is 2nd or 3rd gear runs and nothing to hard.

I have never red lined my car and I can count of my hand the numbers of times I have done hard 1st gear launches.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I usually drive fairly grandma-ish to save a bit of petrol here and there .... then before I fill up give it a good pinging or two. On ramps are always WOT and sometimes a cheeky TCS off from the lights gets a bit of spin going in 1st and a 2nd chirp which is addictive.

Default How hard do u drive your mazda mps 3?

This is my daily averaging less than 50km/hr for my 15min to work in lots of traffic.

On the weekend it gets a bit of a push just to clean out the cobwebs when there is no traffic around.

Like reedy said, I drive defensively now that I'm getting older too many idiots on the road to let loose.

I don't like scaring other road users, and don't want my car to blow up so while I use a bit of the rev-range, I de-clutch for shifting 90% of the time and avoid harsh 'on/off' use of the 'celebrator'.

Case in point; last car was told had 40% on front and rear rotors when I bought her, last check 6yrs on, 35% at each end, never had any mechanical issue with drivetrain nor engine and I treated that with more fervor than the mps.

not that hard at all, it goes from Chatswood to Bella Vista and back every day and the occasional weekend shopping run.

mostly its freeway driving M2..

I usually putt around town as these cars are pretty good down low with the torque they produce even stock so there is no need to thrash these cars to get them going, but i do put the foot in usually through 2nd and 3rd gear which i like to strech out from time to time!

Cheers Lee

LIKE THERES NO TOMORROW!!! haha. No not really but wish I could....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12