User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squeaking noise - Corksport SRI & Box

Default Squeaking noise - Corksport SRI & Box

So over the last week, I've been hearing a 'squeaking' coming from my car. It was most noticeable whenever the car was changing momentum (i.e. moving off from a standstill, or when off the accelerator and changing gears under normal driving conditions).

First diagnosis was possibly a RSB bushing, but my Whiteline RSB went in yesterday (Thanks again Reedy) and it didn't resolve it.

It seemed to get worse and worse today after going for a drive so after a bit of investigating, it turns out it's the plastic top of the pod filter in my Corksport SRI rubbing up against the Corksport airbox as the engine moves around.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I'm planning on getting a K&N pod filter to replace the paper one that came with the SRI in the near future, but until then I might try to put some double sided tape at the contact point.

Open to any other suggestions though..?

3A racing pod filter, voted best by Autosalon magazine and you can buy off eBay for $30 including postage, changed mine and really happy with the results!

I can fix the noise, swap me ur airbox and sri for my airbox

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    3A racing pod filter, voted best by Autosalon magazine and you can buy off eBay for $30 including postage, changed mine and really happy with the results!
    Yeah was considering either a 3A filter or the K&N. Opting for the latter only cause I know more about them.

Quote Originally Posted by RedDjinn View Post
    I can fix the noise, swap me ur airbox and sri for my airbox
    Haha thanks, but happy with the airbox aside from this noise!

5. Default Re: Squeaking noise - Corksport SRI & Box

Yeh I had the same issue, ended up just removing the box after checking all the mount points etc, never thought to check the inside of the box. Makes sense though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Robmps View Post
    Digging this thread out again as I'm looking to buy a filter shortly and put an end to the infernal squeak.

@Robmps did you have any fitment issues with the 3A racing one (in the box, onto the TIP, etc?)

Also, it's only sold in one size right?

Filter fit in the box, no issues with induction fitment, comes in the one size.

So bit of an update....

New K&N pod filter hasn't fixed the problem. Filter is still squeaking on the inside of the airbox.

I was ruffling through some old docs today and it seems the instructions for the SRI and TIP install (which I did not do myself) appear to be for a "Mazdaspeed 6". So not sure if the shape and/or sizing of the TIP or SRI is different for the 6 to the Gen 2... Anyone able to shed some light on whether the same TIP and SRI are compatible?

@TylerAtCorkSport?

Im getting the exact same noise aswell James, CBF lately trying to find the reason as to why but mine does happen at the same time (changing up through the gears)! It really is annoying, so a quick fix is loud music while driving!

It's become worse for me in recent weeks too. I notice it most on changing gears as the momentum of the car and engine shifts.

I'm currently looking at 2 options:

1) Going to Bunnings and getting a strip of something to put on the contact point of the filter and the box - (the cheap option)
    2) Getting TH to have a look at it and try to play around with the shape of bends of the intake, as I've read a thread or two on here before that the piping can bend and flex a little bit which would change the location, angle, etc of the filter.

I had same thing happening, only really noticed when i started the car. Went to clark rubber and got some 2-3mm self adhesive foam and lined the inside of the airbox lid. All fixed

Quote Originally Posted by ledfootrob View Post
    I had same thing happening, only really noticed when i started the car. Went to clark rubber and got some 2-3mm self adhesive foam and lined the inside of the airbox lid. All fixed
    Excellent! Good to hear this is a viable solution. Might make it my assignment for this week.

UPDATE:

Yesterday I went to clark rubber and lined the parts of the airbox where there was contact with the filter. Although there has been a reduction in noise, it looks like the noise is coming from somewhere else on the car, probably the suspension.

Called Tunehouse to try and book it in but they can't do anything until January. So now to decide whether to bother taking it to Mazda or not in the interim...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesa2z View Post
    UPDATE:

Yesterday I went to clark rubber and lined the parts of the airbox where there was contact with the filter. Although there has been a reduction in noise, it looks like the noise is coming from somewhere else on the car, probably the suspension.

Called Tunehouse to try and book it in but they can't do anything until January. So now to decide whether to bother taking it to Mazda or not in the interim...
    If your free saturday and feel like a drive up here i can have a look at it for you, might not find it but worth a shot

I couldnt get into TH till january either
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

If your free saturday and feel like a drive up here i can have a look at it for you, might not find it but worth a shot

I couldnt get into TH till january either
    Are you going to the meet on Saturday at Penrith? I can show you the noise when we are there?

we can all open up your bonnet and poke and prod at things

Are you going to the meet on Saturday at Penrith? I can show you the noise when we are there?
    FAR out i forgot about that shit shit shit.... I have double booked myself , I dont think i can make it..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

FAR out i forgot about that shit shit shit.... I have double booked myself , I dont think i can make it..
    Good one! Hope you sort it out and can swing past though.

As long as it's under the bonnet and not poking and proding me, I'm not going to stop anyone!

Default Re: Squeaking noise - Corksport SRI & Box

As long as it's under the bonnet and not poking and proding me, I'm not going to stop anyone!
    That's a bit boring...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast